Not open for further replies.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright

After updating to 7.1 I started having trouble with my out of region game updates. It appears that Luma3DS no longer supports language and region emulation. Is this true? Why would this be removed? I also noticed that it is no longer in the wiki.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

This is a big deal for me since I have a JPN console but all of my games are USA.
It works. I use it all the time. Scroll down. It's under "Enable game patcher". The location also changed last November, but wasn't noticed unless you were using nightly. You can get Possum's LumaLocaleSwitcher to make it easy. Get the "NIGHTLY" version.

JerryShaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Failed to compile the latest comments somehow with firmtool error...
Under Windows, but I did the installation of firmtool using Python.

Last edited by JerryShaw,

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id be happy with anything like it at all. I just want some security that cant be bypassed by simply replacing the boot.firm or deleting a config file. I use my 3ds at work all the time. 3dsafe was great to ensure that if it were ever stolen, the theif couldnt use or even sell the device, or if it was ever lost, provide contact info to get it back to me. Its too bad @mashers quit the scene. He did great work.
+1, I really liked 3dSafe... Liked the idea that the OTP could unlock the unit as well in case of lost pass.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: lonewolf08

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
so, if I'm getting your drift, I simply do:
firmtool build boot.firm -e 0 -D main.elf -C NDMA inside c:\Luma3DS\build\

nice

JerryShaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
How do I compile?
make: firmtool: Command not found
make: *** [out/boot.firm] Error 127

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How?

Haha, I just put the firmtool folder in the root of Luma3DS, then, modified Makefile, change "@firmtool" to "@firmtool/firmtool", and it goes.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll announce it here, I guess, but the next update to Luma Updater will include CTRNAND writing, meaning boot.firm will be downloaded to both SD and CTRNAND. And with the new release, I will be posting a thread so that I can post updates there instead. There is no ETA on when the next version will be released, but expect something to come soon™.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
so @KunoichiZ the fail on new update is a know issue and will be fixed?

we have problems on install the new hourly (download failed) ....it would be a shame the updater failed when b9h master race is coming

greetigs

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

we have problems on install the new hourly (download failed) ....it would be a shame the updater failed when b9h master race is coming

greetigs
The Luma3DS nightly site is broken due to transition to B9S. It's being worked on. They can only work so fast.

Reactions: hellionz

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

greetigs
The hourly builds are broken and will be fixed eventually. That has nothing to do with Luma Updater.

Reactions: hellionz

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated my Luma3ds in awhile and the newest version won't work on a9lh. I really don't want to screw around with sighax or whatever the newest thing is since a9lh works just fine. What is the newest version of Luma that works on A9LH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu