Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimi-dono

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me? I was using rxtools (browserhax) until yesterday, my sd card stopped working so i reset my 3DS and now i want start using luna so where do i start? Because i remember that sometimes you needed to download some files to set it but i don't see them anymore so i'm a little lost.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can someone help me? I was using rxtools (browserhax) until yesterday, my sd card stopped working so i reset my 3DS and now i want start using luna so where do i start? Because i remember that sometimes you needed to download some files to set it but i don't see them anymore so i'm a little lost.
So, you want to install arm9loaderhax? or keep using menuhax or previously you installed setup?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The files your thinking of is the firm files that's old history not needed anymore

mimi-dono

Trophies
XP
Country
So, you want to install arm9loaderhax? or keep using menuhax or previously you installed setup?
I don't know arm9loaderhax....dang it is been so long i don't remember! I just want to install luma on my 3ds(i don't have any files on it anymore,sd and 3ds been reset).
And now that i remember, menuhax and the other never worked for me so for playing i always needed internet to launch rxtools

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't know arm9loaderhax....dang it is been so long i don't remember! I just want to install luma on my 3ds(i don't have any files on it anymore,sd and 3ds been reset).
And now that i remember, menuhax and the other never worked for me so for playing i always needed internet to launch rxtools
arm9loaderhax is newly released hack. this hack doesn't need internet connection. boot rate is 100%. So, I totally recommend you to install this.
and here is how to install guide.

Please read all the documents first then do it.
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

but, I'm sure you have 9.0 - 9.2 sysnand so very easy to install a9lh!

Reactions: daxtsu

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heya guys did someone get the same problems like me?
Tried to use savemanager via homebrew but it doenst show me my savegame of Pokemon sun. it just shows me Pokemon moon and when I choose that one i am getting Black screen on top and red screen on bottom display.. someone maybe know that ?

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya guys did someone get the same problems like me?
Tried to use savemanager via homebrew but it doenst show me my savegame of Pokemon sun. it just shows me Pokemon moon and when I choose that one i am getting Black screen on top and red screen on bottom display.. someone maybe know that ?

I think pokemon sun and moon have memory randomization on automatically because of firmware 11.2. This stopped homebrew save data managers from functioning properly. However, if you use Luma3DS (which if you are posting this here you must have), you can install JKSV (a cia save data manager) which works around memory randomization.

buxbunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys i already upgraded to luma cfw but it was a while ago.

I've come back and upgraded to latest nightly build and i see weird characters where the current installed version and backup version even the luma3ds update says <unkown>.

I'm just trying to install the latest cfw to play my preordered pokemon but im unsure if im even in emunand or how to go about it.

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to update Luma Emunand (was on 11.0.33 or something like that). Update failed, prompting a restart. Now Luma won't start. Anyway to fix without losing data?

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I had arm9loaderhax.bin as my bootloader, my 3DS ends up with 2 blacks screens if I launch a DS/GBA game. I read that the arm9 file needs to be Luma3DS itself for it to work, So I did that, and now my 3DS just turns off when I launch a DS/GBA game How do I fix this?
EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the wiki. I'm an idiot lol

Last edited by Xexyz,
Reactions: logg

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thx for deleting my post, instead of censoring it or notifying me... Here I go again.

I followed this from various internet sources:

"Steps for MSET users:

1. 1. Put your 3DS SD card into your computer
2. Open the Luma3DS zip file you downloaded above
3. Extract the arm9loaderhax.bin file to the root of the SD
4. In the Luma3DS zip, go into the "MSET" folder and drag and drop the Luma3DS.dat file to the root of your SD, replacing any that exists.
5. Rename Luma3ds.dat file to launcher.dat
6. Delete the rxTools folder

Now when you open System Settings > Other Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile it will boot into Luma3DS CFW"

But it didnt work that way with the latest version of Luma. So, can anyone update that or can I use an older Luma version to get this working? I actually dont want to set up another exploit tho... I want to keep it easy and keep my current emunand which currently cant play SuMo cartridges (screw rxtools T-T).

dannyevilalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've recently switched from Gateway (sysnand 9.0 + emunand 11.2) to luma3ds+arm9loaderhax, everything works perfectly but I've got 2 questions:
1)How do I move to a bigger SD card?
2)In case of brick which *.bin file should I use, sysnand (9.0) or emunand (11.2)?

I'm on n3ds

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently switched from Gateway (sysnand 9.0 + emunand 11.2) to luma3ds+arm9loaderhax, everything works perfectly but I've got 2 questions:
1)How do I move to a bigger SD card?
2)In case of brick which *.bin file should I use, sysnand (9.0) or emunand (11.2)?

I'm on n3ds
1) Are you using emunand or sysnand? If sysnand just copy all files from old sd card to new one. If emunand you need to transfer it but I don't know how so I can't help you.
2)The guide had you setup Hourglass9 in a payload. Holding start while turning on the 3ds will boot it and you can flash a nand backup to unbrick.

Reactions: dannyevilalone

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the recommended procedure is to firstly update a9lh and only then run luma updater, right?
The updating a9lh guide will update luma while your doing it but in the future when a new luma update comes out you would just update with luma updater yes.

Reactions: kalkito
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol