Status
Not open for further replies.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I update it all the time using lumaupdater is that what you mean?

I think you're confusing A9LH and Luma3DS together.

Luma3DS is just a cfw and using the updater only updates the "arm9loaderhax.bin" file on your SD Card to the latest version.

A9LH is the whole reason why we can do the things we do today on our 3DS' such as no more need of an emuNAND use or 100% Boot Rate to sysNAND and .bin files, etc.

Anyways, whenever it comes to Luma3DS or A9LH, never use anything but the actual guide itself. Try using this to update to the SD-less A9LH. Be sure to read all the steps and perform them with caution.

Migz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you're confusing A9LH and Luma3DS together.

Luma3DS is just a cfw and using the updater only updates the "arm9loaderhax.bin" file on your SD Card to the latest version.

A9LH is the whole reason why we can do the things we do today on our 3DS' such as no more need of an emuNAND use or 100% Boot Rate to sysNAND and .bin files, etc.

Anyways, whenever it comes to Luma3DS or A9LH, never use anything but the actual guide itself. Try using this to update to the SD-less A9LH. Be sure to read all the steps and perform them with caution.
Thanks for the replies guys all sorted now just needed to update A9lh! ;) Happy days ;)

bass_888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NoOB ALERT: Hi Can someone help me please! excuse me if this is the wrong thread1 I have followed plailects guide so far successfully
smile.png
I am now at the point of following plailects guide for installing A9LX but I just wanted to clarify something before continuing??.....

What I have done so far is downgrade my N3DS 9.9.0.26E --> 9.2.0.20E --> then made a sysNAND backup with Decrypt9 as stated with plailects guide.

I have just finished section III. Is section IV necessary - restoring the system ?? If yes do I just do step 3 and skip 1 & 2 as I have a N3DS.
heres the imgur pic of where I am stuck. Sorry for inconvenience.
http://imgur.com/a/eGPup

Please help! Many thanks in advance!!

soulkyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NoOB ALERT: Hi Can someone help me please! excuse me if this is the wrong thread1 I have followed plailects guide so far successfully
smile.png
I am now at the point of following plailects guide for installing A9LX but I just wanted to clarify something before continuing??.....

What I have done so far is downgrade my N3DS 9.9.0.26E --> 9.2.0.20E --> then made a sysNAND backup with Decrypt9 as stated with plailects guide.

I have just finished section III. Is section IV necessary - restoring the system ?? If yes do I just do step 3 and skip 1 & 2 as I have a N3DS.
heres the imgur pic of where I am stuck. Sorry for inconvenience.
http://imgur.com/a/eGPup

Please help! Many thanks in advance!!
Yeah, if you didn't do the 2.1 ctrtransfer, just go and update your system.

Reactions: bass_888

hakr007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRying to get my gateway blue card working, every time I put it in my n3DS the system hangs up. Regular DS games and DSiWare work fine. Any suggestions on what might fix it? Running 11.2 and latest Luma.

bass_888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, if you didn't do the 2.1 ctrtransfer, just go and update your system.
Many thanks!

Is there any benefit of updating the system firmware? if I don't update will I still have access to eshop or bypassing games and apps wanting me to do forced updates?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks!

Is there any benefit of updating the system firmware? if I don't update will I still have access to eshop or bypassing games and apps wanting me to do forced updates?
No best to update no reason ever to be not current firmware

Reactions: bass_888

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
probably noob question.
i had installed the sd cardless a9lh wich installs that bin file to (ctr) NAND
when updating luma, do i need to update that file in the CTRNAND ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: