Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have installed v3 and copied the bin to ctrnand its the same doesnt work.this part of guide its good a9lh files on aurora github ?Copy the contents of the arm9loaderhax zip to a9lh folder on your SD card

Last edited by laharl22,

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have copied all the files on the good directories launch safea9lh payload and installed sucseeded a9lh v5
i have installed v3 and copied the bin to ctrnand its the same doesnt work.this part of guide its good a9lh files on aurora github ?Copy the contents of the arm9loaderhax zip to a9lh folder on your SD card
i have an o3ds with all installed always nand not boot without sd

bluu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. luma3ds.dat is no longer being included in releases I think.

2. update to luma3ds to 6.6 manually from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases. even if you use menuhax, make sure to place the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your sd card.

thanks for the answer!

weird. I copied the contents from the zip file to my SD card but Luma3DS tells me that I'm still on 5.5, If I copy the Luma3DS.dat from the "mset-spider"-folder, Luma3DS won't boot anymore (not sure if I need this file).

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the answer!

weird. I copied the contents from the zip file to my SD card but Luma3DS tells me that I'm still on 5.5, If I copy the Luma3DS.dat from the "mset-spider"-folder, Luma3DS won't boot anymore (not sure if I need this file).

the Luma3DS.dat isn't needed. are you using menuhax or a9lh? or are you using mset or web browser to launch luma?

if it is a9lh then you just need to place the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the sd card

if it is menuhax then you need to place the new .3dsx wherever you launch .3dsx from AND place arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the sd card. The newer version of luma does not use Luma3DS.dat anymore.

Last edited by Aletron9000,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I added a new feature today, I think it's useful for people who still use a bootloader.
http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/EbVqTP7n/file.html
You have a simple menu by holding START on boot, to choose payloads with (from the /luma/payloads folder). Obviously the button convention is still the same (the only difference is that START is now taken by the menu, so the start_whatever.bin payload can be used with L+START).

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I added a new feature today, I think it's useful for people who still use a bootloader.
http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/EbVqTP7n/file.html
You have a simple menu by holding START on boot, to choose payloads with (from the /luma/payloads folder). Obviously the button convention is still the same (the only difference is that START is now taken by the menu, so the start_whatever.bin payload can be used with L+START).
aewsome, that was really why i was using ctrb9 as my start payload. Can your new menu load payloads not assigned to a button? I really just want to access payloads via a menu.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
very neat. I just updated to the build and now i can remove even more clutter from my SD.

would it be safe to create a folder "luma" on ctrnand and put payloads there? basically having everything needed bein on the console itself, not the SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@