Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you define "pull a Roxas75"? :unsure:
He was the dev. of rxTools

irl got in his way of developing so he passed the project to the Pasta CFW team, but if you compare the 3.0 to 2.6, there is lot missing in 3.0 (looking at you tools) and therre hasnt been an update since February 10th.

If tools were focused on too much, i feel like hardware limitations would become a bit of an issue (this was the point i meant) (iirc this is why Pasta dropped it)

but a more general point would be the post above this

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it seems that 5.1.1 broke support for Nds games, at least my r4i that worked fine on 4.2 is now not working, the same thing happend when i tried your beta you posted couple days ago, no hate just trying to point out =), r4i rts sdhc, boots black screen on latest arn, love your stuff though

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They think you'll over-saturate the feature-set of your CFW.
Well, honestly apart from fixing stuff (the damn Home Menu downloads bug as an example) I think there's not much more that can be done currently. Screenshots are not currently feasible from 3ds_injector (Tux said so), and same goes for video streaming and things like that. Thanks to the ctrNAND approach 5.x was a large reduction of the codebase (as an example, the compiled binary went from 58 KBs to 51!), so I can't see where this bloat meme came from.
Furthermore, unless there are major changes in FIRM or the few patched userland stuff, AuRei will keep working as-is with future updates (if Nintendo will release any, that is).

Also, this is somehow ridiculous. People asked a lot for out-of-region DLCs and for compatibility with those games which don't work without language emulation, and now that it was pulled off (Tux spent a lot of hours for it to happen), it adds up to an unspecified "bloat"?

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, honestly apart from fixing stuff (the damn Home Menu downloads bug as an example) I think there's not much more that can be done currently. Screenshots are not currently feasible from 3ds_injector (Tux said so), and same goes for video streaming and things like that. Thanks to the ctrNAND approach 5.x was a large reduction of the codebase (58 KBs to 51!), so I can't see where this bloat meme came from.
I couldn't agree more.
Also, this is somehow ridiculous. People asked a lot for out-of-region DLCs and for compatibility with those games which don't work without language emulation, and now that it was pulled off (Tux spent a lot of hours for it to happen), it adds up to an unspecified "bloat"?
That's the bloat meme in action.
Also, what do you think of this logo design I came up with? IMG_1816.JPEG

Last edited by hobbledehoy899,

MeteK

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Basically the title version is wrong for that game.
Download my VoodooChaos tool that is attached below and extract and run the program. Next click on "Open CIA File" and open the RE Revelation cia. Now where it says "New Title Version" type in "0010" (without quotation marks) and then click on "Save CIA File". Close the program and copy the cia and install it on your 3DS you now should not get that update nag.
It works, thanks :)

Reactions: Rohul1997

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
it seems that 5.1.1 broke support for Nds games, at least my r4i that worked fine on 4.2 is now not working, the same thing happend when i tried your beta you posted couple days ago, no hate just trying to point out =), r4i rts sdhc, boots black screen on latest arn, love your stuff though
read the wiki

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, honestly apart from fixing stuff (the damn Home Menu downloads bug as an example) I think there's not much more that can be done currently. Screenshots are not currently feasible from 3ds_injector (Tux said so), and same goes for video streaming and things like that. Thanks to the ctrNAND approach 5.x was a large reduction of the codebase (58 KBs to 51!), so I can't see where this bloat meme came from.
Furthermore, unless there are major changes in FIRM or the few patched userland stuff, AuRei will keep working as-is with future updates (if Nintendo will release any, that is).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't listen to them there's a reason your custom firmware overtook the rest and became #1...it's BECAUSE of features. Also those people don't know what "bloated" is, your .bin isn't even 1mb and you no longer need firmware.bin so honestly the only people that would say that are uneducated about the subject. Your cfw is the best grazie:)

Last edited by 4gionz,

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AuReiNand has officially put rxTools(Tools? Where are those "tools?") to shame. It is downright the best CFW you can get, 50KB, works with O3DS & N3DS, reboot patches that work with smash and GBA, no firmware.bins required, region and TWL/AGB_FIRM patches built in, dev UNITINFO, language emulation, N3DS clockspeed, emunand, A9LH updated sysnand, and tons more! AND IT IS SMALLER THAN 1 MB!!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was the dev. of rxTools

irl got in his way of developing so he passed the project to the Pasta CFW team, but if you compare the 3.0 to 2.6, there is lot missing in 3.0 (looking at you tools) and therre hasnt been an update since February 10th.

If tools were focused on too much, i feel like hardware limitations would become a bit of an issue (this was the point i meant) (iirc this is why Pasta dropped it)

but a more general point would be the post above this
Correction feb 28th

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricken

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be the wrong thread but where do I get the bin-file when building ctrbootmanager9-a9lh?
Edit: got it! had to run "make -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../DevkitArm3DS.cmake ../" twice ;)

Thanks!
Could you post your build?

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, honestly apart from fixing stuff (the damn Home Menu downloads bug as an example) I think there's not much more that can be done currently. Screenshots are not currently feasible from 3ds_injector (Tux said so), and same goes for video streaming and things like that. Thanks to the ctrNAND approach 5.x was a large reduction of the codebase (as an example, the compiled binary went from 58 KBs to 51!), so I can't see where this bloat meme came from.

To be honest, the "bloat" meme is dumb.
People are saying that AuReiNAND is "bloated" because of its complete feature set, which is dumb IMO because heck, the code is clean and any feature that you don't use(for example: multiple emuNANDs or the boot manager) won't make a difference in real world usage and it won't get in your way.
AuReiNAND isn't bloated, it just isn't minimalist feature-wise, it has all the features that most people might need built-in instead of being some kind of "blank canvas", at least that's how I see it.
In the end, just ignore that "meme" and keep up with your great work.

jerrmy12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is a cheat plugin of any sort feasable?

Foxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if I'm missing anything, but I can't boot my Smash cart at all in AuReiNand emunand (using menuhax setup on o3DS). It just freezes. I have Reinand too and it boots on Sysnand for some reason. I recently moved out of rxTools and it booted Smash correctly. Why's this?

Using AuReiNand 5.0, emunand 10.7.

Just found out what was causing my issue. I had an arm9loaderhax.bin from ages ago, maybe from ReiNand or something, on my sdcard root for whatever reason, and despite using menuhax+emunand setup, it still interferes upon booting Smash. Using the correct ARN one or just deleting it fixed the issue. It didn't even cross my mind to look at this before since I'm not using A9LH, but well, I wasn't supposed to have it there in first place...

Reactions: cvskid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed...