Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Quick question. I compiled and installed the screeninit branch. If i want to switch to the noscreeninit, just i compile it and install through safea9lhinstaller? And will the config menu (boot with select) works with the noscreeninit? Thanks

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Quick question. I compiled and installed the screeninit branch. If i want to switch to the noscreeninit, just i compile it and install through safea9lhinstaller? And will the config menu (boot with select) works with the noscreeninit? Thanks
Yes it will work along with decrypt9 or ctrbootmanager9

Kuroi-Akira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ya, I got the x64 one first too and it didn't work on my win7 64-bit pc
Tried the x86 one and everything was ok

Lucky You, I still get errors :(
now its this:
snQnQB7.png

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll reserve judgement for when I've played with it. I often have a hard time connecting to Windows 10 on my systems (although the O3ds seems to have better luck than N3ds. Ironic, since mSD management is an N3ds tool).

If ftpbrony works the first time every time, that's a big win. But looking at the GitHub, it's super outdated and isn't even called ftbrony anymore. Looks like the newer program only builds a .3dsx though.

In FileZilla: File->Site manager->New Site

Enter the info and hit ok.

In FileZilla, you can configure the number of connections. Not sure things would be as smooth or fast if typing the IP into explorer worked. If I can find a .cia of the updated ftpd, that can handle like 4 connections at once.
Generally for windows 8/8.1/10 I always just open the File Explorer and type \\NAME3DS (whatever your 3ds is called) and it takes a second and connects every time. I've never had an issue with it not connecting, granted sometimes if you try to have it do a network search for it (by going into network devices), it does not appear every time which is why I just started manually putting the name in and it worked. I do not have homegroup or file sharing enabled either so I know for a fact they are not required.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Late reply lol

Select the installeda9lh option then reboot and hold L to boot emunand and menuhax boots gateway. While its booting I hold L and boot gateway sysnand mode. Make sure you have the launcher.dat also.
Well, I had "updated sysNAND" and I could not make GW work since GW cannot be launcher FROM emuNAND, no matter if it's 9.X.
So I had to redo my A9LH setup but this time I put my NAN 9.2 as sysNAND and my NAND 10.7 as emuNAND. Works like a charm now!

Thx for the reply! Late or not :)

Reactions: gamered

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Whats button is needed to be held down to boot into homebrew channel please, i thought it was holding down the R button which before loaded the boot file but that doesnt appear to work anymore?

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Whats button is needed to be held down to boot into homebrew channel please, i thought it was holding down the R button which before loaded the boot file but that doesnt appear to work anymore?
That was with MenuHax, which shouldn't be used with A9LH (assuming you're using A9LH). You could use the .cia of HB Loader Launcher instead.

Flappyraccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's a small issue with all of the CFW variants out there but has anyone looked into the issue of the translated Beyond the Labyrinth not displaying names properly from cia?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I did it Right from C:\ aswell same thing
doing git clone --recursive https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand.git gives out another error
Go here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-proof-guide-to-compile-rxtools-source.392242/ and do steps 1,2,3 and 5. I'm nto sure about python, but it doesn't hurt to have version 2.7.11 installed on your PC. Afterwards, go to AuReiNand GitHub and download armips and bin2c. Paste those two inside " C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\ ". Make sure this PC location is in your PATH.

This is how my PATH looks like:
qTGS2RW.png

Also, make sure to install Visual Studio 2015 x86 shit stuff - it's a small file.

Edit: I might create a guide tomorrow. It seems you guys want to build the CFW yourself. :P

Reactions: Kuroi-Akira

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She also has a no screen-init version here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/tree/noscreeninit

EDIT:
Get your payload_stage1.bin, payload_stage2.bin with this
Then follow http://gbatemp.net/threads/safea9lhinstaller.419577/

Don't I need screen init in order to launch D9 or other things? Thats the only reason I'm bothering with any of that I just want to be able to launch uncart or D9 without having the screen flash

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's not how arm9select works.

If you want backlight you create an empty file named default_bl (no extension), if you're using windows open notepad, save the file and type default_bl. (notice nothing after period, and change file types to all files) [place the empty file in same folder as default.bin]
Leave default.bin as is.

Also the firmware.bin should be in the root of AuRei, not payloads.
You also don't need AuReiNAND.dat if you're using A9LH, just the arm9loaderhax.bin from AuRei as you have it in arm9select

Ah i see, I was mistaken with that then, either way, AuRei isn't working properly whether i use arm9select or whether i leave it in the root directory as normal, I'm guessing there is some sort of compatibility issue and as I've said before, it might have something to do with merging the files in 3.12 into the executable file. I'm just reporting this bug and hoping that maybe aurora will be kind enough to look into this and possibly fix it for 3.15 or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...