Country
Italy

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was just chance that I asked what SAFE_MODE
I had a derp commit a minute ago, while I realized this: https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/commit/7f96e47b4f647a9caa403a732ad6e58194c3ea61 (thanks for making me think about this).
When you go to SAFE MODE, FIRM reboots to SAFE_MODE FIRM. Thus, no FIRM protection patch, thus brick if you update. So, better to prevent access to it (indirectly XD)

I think Nintendo made the combo to enter recovery cumbersome to prevent users accidentally entering it. Kinda reinforces the thought process of simplifying the process to load A9LH payloads with AuReiNand chain loader.

Doopl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's asking a lot, but now that AuReiNand can do screen printing it would be much nicer to have a menu listing the payloads that can be booted. Use the file names from /aurei/payloads (which would no longer be changed to default.bin, a.bin etc.) and let button shortcuts be configured from the same menu.

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Something bothered me and now I know what it is. With L, now default.bin loads when a non-assigned key is pressed. Just L loads emuNAND.

Last edited by EmuAGR,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(O3DSXL + A9HL + AuReiNand 3.12 + SysNand 10.7) If a system update comes out with a new native firm, am I still able to update it and successfully use FBI?

Shirako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(O3DSXL + A9HL + AuReiNand 3.12 + SysNand 10.7) If a system update comes out with a new native firm, am I still able to update it and successfully use FBI?
N3dsxL wondering the same thing, if i am able to update succesfully, does it have to be through system settings just like how it is in emunand. Am i still able to go to decrypt9 while holding L and R.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3dsxL wondering the same thing, if i am able to update succesfully, does it have to be through system settings just like how it is in emunand. Am i still able to go to decrypt9 while holding L and R.

As of right now, you can update successfully through any method, including system settings. I just wonder when a new native firm is released.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way I personally think L is good to load payloads, you can easily access all the other buttons :)

What about L+Dpad down bring up a menu of payloads in the payloads folder?

No use personally but it will stop people complaining

How about an option to disable all button combs? People keep saying harde button combs to stops kids messing things up, how about a way to disable them all

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
What about L+Dpad down bring up a menu of payloads in the payloads folder?

No use personally but it will stop people complaining

How about an option to disable all button combs? People keep saying harde button combs to stops kids messing things up, how about a way to disable them all

No useless menus, please. This should be kept as simple as possible.

Last edited by EmuAGR,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest commit from @Aurora Wright seems to be a great (hard enough if kids are playing they are less apt to enter into a potentially dangerous payload like decrypt9 or godmode but simple and easy enough to cater to lazy people like me who wanted a simpler combo).

Think about a kid with a tablet with your google account linked. Then you see a bunch of random charges (turns head to look at kid with tablet). Kids will find a way to screw you if left unattended with anything (precious 3DS,gun,lighter,tablet). OK I am speaking hypothetically, but I think @Aurora Wright found a excellent mix between the two.

Last edited by stl25,
Reactions: Gray_Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1