Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir BLaDE

Trophies
XP
Country
I can play gba and nds games in aureinand 10.6 sysnand a9lh in my New (I use native_firm 10.2 and agb patch firm)
For Gba try to reinstall AGB_FIRM patch (again), for DS if you have switched emunand with sysnand, try to use flashcardtimewarp.cia

Last edited by Sir BLaDE,

AnukWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also forgot to clean up menuhax on sysNand, so I can't get into it via A9LH.
Deleted everything menuhax related and also tried to launch the menuhax_manager via emuNand,
of course this just clears everything up on emuNand.
So how can I get into sysNand (or at least HBL on sysNand) without getting stuck at menuhax?

//edit: Okay, for whatever reason, with holding the R button, sysNand boots without menuhax getting in the way but if I hold L, I get the pixelated screen and then the aforementioned black screen with the error message.

//edit2: Good that the R button worked, now I got into sysNand, was able to clean everything up and now both buttons do work.

Last edited by AnukWolf,

Kever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3dsXL Emunand 10.6 , Sysnand 9.2
a9hl installed
AuReiNandv3.5.3
copied firmware.bin + firmware90.bin to rei folder

starting no key -> emunand --> no gba, no gwbluecard
starting by holding "a" gets me to emunand --> rdy for gba, but no gwbluecard
starting by holding "L" prev. installed menuhax starting from sysnand
starting by holding "R" sysnand without menuhax (menuhax disabled by "L")

But i dont understand the difference between firmware.bin and firmware90.bin and how to play gwbluecard?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just means we won't have a use for emunand at all soon :rofl2:
Decrypt9 won't work fully from a9lh. Some encryption keys are not initialized, you surely WILL be able to dump and restore a NAND backup but not things like decrypting partitions and cias.
So yeah, a 9.0 emuNAND is still useful.
Also, I asked delebile to make it possible to load a payload without screen init, as it breaks 3D again on N3DS (and it will almost surely break a9lh detection with this cfw).

seems i can't boot into emunand with firmware90.bin (holding "L" while booting)
just 2 black screens., Holding "R" to boot into Emunand with normal firmware does work
O3DSXL, it boots straight into sysnand.

Reason i formatted emunand 10.5 with tinyformat, but i have no way to install a cia installe r now on it so i can downgrade it to 9.2

O3DSXL boots into A9HL sysnand 10.5
Boot it with the NTR-compatible FIRM (9.6 FIRM) and use a 10.3-enabled sysUpdater to downgrade to 9.2.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,
Reactions: democracy

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
solved it already :)

Placed back my 10.5 emunand with emunandtool on pc, then put all 9.2.0-20 cia files in the updates folder
Booted into emunand by holding "R"
installed sysupdater as cia in emunand
started sysupdater and downgraded emunand to 9.2
Booted into emunand by holding "L" (now it worked on emunand 9.2) and ran Decrypt9 and made a sysnand A9LH backup
Now making a 9.2 emunand backup and then use tinyformat to format emunand (want it unlinked so i can set another theme in sysnand and another in emunand on this O3DSXL)
then use CN to boot into HL and use a cia installer to install a cia installer into emunand in case i ever need it again :)

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Decrypt9 won't work fully from a9lh. Some encryption keys are not initialized, you surely WILL be able to dump and restore a NAND backup but not things like decrypting partitions and cias.
Also, I asked delebile to make it possible to load a payload without screen init, as it breaks 3D again on N3DS (and it will almost surely break a9lh detection with this cfw).

That's a little disappointing to hear.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Back to square one :P (in terms of the "broken" 3D).

It's not a bad trade off, but for now I think I'll be keeping my emuNAND (for Decrypt9) for now.
Well, as I have a 9.2 NAND ready to flash to emuNAND, having an a9lh D9 with no encryption/decryption (and I use it mostly to decrypt and encrypt things) I think I won't be updating A9LH either, if there won't be a way to load a payload without screen init.

Reactions: democracy

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Word in #Cakey is if you de-init screen before firmlaunching the issue may disappear.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess, it won't be an easy task?
I have no idea, I'm not a 3DS dev.
I can tell you, I did try a test build of Cakes with screen init and the issue returned.
That's all I know.

If code is released to do that, problem solved. This has been known ever since Wulfy said it, but it hasn't been done until now.
Oh, I see.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Back to square one :P (in terms of the "broken" 3D).

It's not a bad trade off, but for now I think I'll be keeping my emuNAND (for Decrypt9) for now.

For sure. I will just stick with the sysnand/emunand combo and see if it can be resolved. It's still great progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land