Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It boots into a pixeled screen and then proceeds to give that black screen error telling me to turn off the console.
you've got menuhax with no payload. delete "menuhax_padcfg.bin" from the root of the SD card, so it won't automatically trigger. then go and delete it in menuhax_manager.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have menuhax anymore but after you said that I remembered that I didn't change themes afterwards to reset it. Now it works. Thanks @ihaveamac!
for the record you should go into menuhax_manager to fully delete it. the pixelated screen was menuhax triggering, the error was it trying to load a payload that didn't exist on the SD card. :)

Reactions: HenryLeonheart

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I setted up a Recovery Mode on my emunand via menuhax, I simply unlinked my emunand with Tinyformat and installed Menuhax in it as Type 1 with L (to run emunand with the "firmware90.bin" as well), I edited the menuhax payload to run "reco.3dsx" instead "boot.3dsx". the "reco.3dsx" is Decrypt9UI. Is pretty simple to do if anyone is interesed :)

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I setted up a Recovery Mode on my emunand via menuhax, I simply unlinked my emunand with Tinyformat and installed Menuhax in it as Type 1 with L (to run emunand with the "firmware90.bin" as well), I edited the menuhax payload to run "reco.3dsx" instead "boot.3dsx". the "reco.3dsx" is Decrypt9UI. Is pretty simple to do if anyone is interesed :)

very very cool bro !

Teoz Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What version is your emunand that your using that recovery with?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And have you updated sysnand? Im asking because I would like to have a recovery option like that

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What version is your emunand that your using that recovery with?

And have you updated sysnand? Im asking because I would like to have a recovery option like that
I have 10.5 sysnand and 9.0 emunand (FW between 9.0 or 9.2 should be right to run firmware90.bin and decrypt9)

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've gathered, he's on updated sysnand and has a 9.2 emunand. Then he installed menuhax to the 9.2 emunand such that when you hold L to boot into 9.0 firm mode, it also triggers menuhax and sends him right into Decrypt9 instead of the home menu.

You could do the same setup the other way around with updated emunand and 9.2 sysnand as well. I might even go and do that just for the heck of it.

Last edited by FenrirWolf,

Teoz Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh ok. Yeah I have 10.5 emunand and 9.2 sysnand, I dont see the need to update sysnand at the moment.... Everything works fine with emunand and boot times are awsome, Also its nice to have a exploitable sysnand there just in case.

Yeah fenrirwolf same here. I was bored thinking the same hehe

Just cloning my sd card onto my new one I got today and thinking I will install that recovery menu. Thanks for posting about it as had not seen it yet.

See now if I hold L I go to sysnand 9.2 with firmware90.bin I belive, So if I install menuhax there and that ill be able to just hold L and go onto this menu?

Yeah thank you billy acuna going to do this in like 5-10 minutes.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See now if I hold L I go to sysnand 9.2 with firmware90.bin I belive, So if I install menuhax there and that ill be able to just hold L and go onto this menu?
So long as the NANDs are unlined, sure.
Personally, I'd just install FBI and HBLauncher to it in case it's necessary for other purposes, but whatever works.

Teoz Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I need to install hblauncher and fbi on sysnand actually. As I just use emunand now all the time forgot to put those back. Thank for reminding me hehe ;)

Subcon959 oh they made progress on the display issues? I was reading yesterday and saw a lot about it being difficult to do, so thats cool they have nearly sorted that, Will see some cool stuff soon then.

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subcon959 oh they made progress on the display issues? I was reading yesterday and saw a lot about it being difficult to do, so thats cool they have nearly sorted that, Will see some cool stuff soon then.
Apparently display is now running, but there's no backlight (which makes it quite hard to see anything).

Teoz Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah thats ok least some progress has been made. So much is happening now on the 3ds scene when I had a old 3ds like 2 years ago there wasnt much around unless you had an old firmware now everyday im seeing something new hehe

Reminding me of back in the day with my psp ;p

Glad I came back though, especially with the new 3ds xl that im using, works nice with arm9loaderhax. Was ok with menuhax but this just made it a lot smoother to use.

Just need to install a psx emulator on here now and final fantasy 7 here I come \0/. Never completed it back then I lost my memory cardm

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I update my sysnand without blowing my a9hl loader? Any Ideas? I want to inject my emunand as my sysnand. Sysnand 9.2 Emunand 10.6

Downgrade my emunand to 9.2. Flash that to my sysnand and install a9hl then upgrade there sysupdater?

Last edited by pkmz,

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Apparently display is now running, but there's no backlight (which makes it quite hard to see anything).
They finally got full screen init in arm9loader thread with back light, so expect decrypt9 to be ran at boot in the next few days.

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They finally got full screen init in arm9loader thread with back light, so expect decrypt9 to be ran at boot in the next few days.
Okay, backlight was 40 minutes ago, cut me some slack there =P
Though that is pretty hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But still using the save on a emulator, then back to switch is shady
    +2
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Yea, that's the only thing I want to clarify actually. If someone has tried it with no problems.
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    If using the save on the emulator flags the save file. :/
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Again, "using" I mean normal gameplay not modify it with other means like pokehex, etc
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Can you help me clarify this thing somehow? Do you know someone that may know or have tried it?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just play it on the emulation at home and portable use the normal save, I wouldn't risk anything if online is important to you
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My psychiatrist tried to help me once said it was mine 9 months later
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just ask in the forums if anybody has done it, I don't know of anybody who has, or would risk it.
    Baby daddy issues lol
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    this is what I did here. I hope I get some responces
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy was a little cray cray
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go cray cray on it like a coloring book
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got so mad my Bluetooth made me break a tooth
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    that's why you should get titanium implants
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm actually waiting on insurance to accept those ffs almost been waiting 2 weeks
    +1
    steal them off off a corpse
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mmm live persons more fun psi you're like 50 you should have a few :tpi:
    +1
    sold them all for meth\
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Meth implants the officer will never know sneaky flordians
    Meth pipe teeth, never loose your meth pipe again!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Butt implants are preferred teeth implants more reliable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's just my meth pipe vibrating
    +1
    Meth gator teams up with Godzilla, Godzilla uses his nuclear fire breath to light a meth lab on fire where meth gator gets imbued with radioactive meth.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Meth gator teams up with Godzilla, Godzilla uses his nuclear fire breath to light a meth lab on...