Status
Not open for further replies.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Implemented custom System Settings Ver. string, it needs to be in a text file named customversion.txt (19 characters maximum) in luma, with the stock Nintendo string being Ver. %d.%d.%d-%d%ls"

It's also possible to fake the number after the string? Like 99.9.9-81E

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's also possible to fake the number after the string? Like 99.9.9-81E
Yeah you can hardocde the number like that, just put in "Ver. 99.9.9-81E", with spaces before it to make it 19 characters (if that isnt already, I never counted)

Reactions: Asia81

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love this new version feature, thank you so much Aurora Wright :)

e25bac1681c1affbe12d3e002399510a.jpg
1e52713bced8dd2d4be57dc52af02323.jpg

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
@Asia81 please do NOT DOWNGRADE YOUR NATIVE FIRM WITH ARM9LOADERHAX ALREADY INSTALLED. This will full brick your device, even arm9loaderhax doesn't work with this brick anymore. I bricked my n3ds with this. I had to get a hardmod.
Native firm doesn't touch firm 0 or firm 1. So you must have done something else.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeah and my native firm downgrade bricked arm9loaderhax and my whole system. A friend made me a hardmod, restored my nand Backup and voilá, system works again.
if you did the hardmod downgrade on a system with a9lh then you simply wrote garbage to firm0, causing a brick.

downgrading FIRM on a system with a9lh is not the same as the hardmod downgrade. in this case, just install an older CIA or use "firmware.bin" with whatever custom firmware.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I downgraded my native firm with the dsiwarehax dgtool by Plailect. I did this just for fun and the result was a hardbrick :/
that's basically the same as the hardmod downgrade, it abuses the same exploit (FIRM partitions known-plaintext). you wrote garbage to firm0 and bricked.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do I customise the version string? I put a customversion.txt in Luma with : Laura(name) 24-11-87(date of birth) F(gender and first letter of country) written in it but I get "an error as occured" when I open system settings...

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok Managed to do it...Now I have a personalised version string...and another one for my little brother...^^

Last edited by Amapola62,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Jeah I know that was a dumb idea. So @All: don't downgrade your native firm when you have arm9loaderhax installed.
You can't touch FIRM0 and FIRM1 with Luma on SysNAND, not even with FBI and stuff. I tested it myself. Only happens if you do it from TWL_FIRM (why even?)

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You can't touch FIRM0 and FIRM1 with Luma on SysNAND, not even with FBI and stuff. I tested it myself. Only happens if you do it from TWL_FIRM (why even?)
By the way, couldn't Ninty stop A9LH by making a DSiWare app to override the FITM protection and force it to be ran wheb updating or smth then?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
By the way, couldn't Ninty stop A9LH by making a DSiWare app to override the FITM protection and force it to be ran wheb updating or smth then?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk
Not unless they felt like bricking n3ds users, as they can't get remove a9lh without the OTP (simply overwriting FIRM wouldn't reset the second key in the keystore, which would cause the official firm to decrypt to garbage and brick on boot).

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think it's possible to play a game and go into system settings at the same time...

So how would we be able to play a DSiware game while updating?

Last edited by Amapola62,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald