Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people I have a very, uh, interesting situation. Gba vc randomly stopped working after updating to a9lh v2 screeninit, I have tried many things like redownloading luma 5.5 from the updater and manually, did the thing the wiki said, reinstalled the gba, downloaded another gba to make sure if the other one was faulty,redownloaded bootanim9, restored a sysnand backup of when it was working, and deleted luma config. Nothing has worked and it boots into a black screen without the gba splash and yes I have checked to make sure the right options on luma settings. Everything else works fine except gba and I ran out of things to try, any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to mention I am on sysnand. Also I don't think a9lh would affect gba vc right?

Last edited by lonewolf08,
A

a9lh-1user

Did you use the TWL_firm or AGB_firm patches?

Edit: it's working correctly on my 3DS's (see signature)

Last edited by ,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use the TWL_firm or AGB_firm patches?

Edit: it's working correctly on my 3DS's (see signature)

Nope never used those patches but even if I had I already did what the luma wiki says to do to fix that but didn't work and I don't doubt u that it works for you since it used to work for me.

Edit: not going to fix grammer, brain starts shutting down at 4 am.

Reactions: a9lh-1user

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you try a newer version of Luma3DS form here: https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
"Edit: not going to fix grammer, brain starts shutting down at 4 am" :)
(That's why i liked your post!)

Alright I will try that just have to get up from my bed and go to the computer I'll edit after I try newer version.

Edit: still doesn't work, just goes straight into a black screen.

Edit2: maybe i need to apply the pathchanger thing since i'm using bootanim9. but that doesn't make sense since bootanim9 is already supposed to do that and i'm able to get to homescreen. I don't know, i'm done for the night i need to sleep since i have to be up in a few hours. I'll check in when i can if someone else has any suggestions.

A

a9lh-1user

Pathchanger is only needed when you use a Bottmanager afaik.
I'am a little bit lost here with your problem because if you "only" install a9lh with Plailect's guide and updated to a9lh v. 2 it should be working.
I use the same a9lh v. 2 with screeninint and it works perfect. (on both systems).
Hope you will get it work :)

wangtang32000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
artstation.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's still possible to access the eshop and make purchases and the NNIDs too. Look, the 3DS CFWs are not a real CFWs, we don't change the firmware inside the NAND, we only patch thinks using a arm9 exploit, so as long as your NAND (sys or emu, I don't know which one you use) are in the latest version or you are using or using a CFW that have a feature to have online features even on older firmwares you can use the 3DS online just like a updated OFW (using a updated NAND with CFW is preferred)

^
Wow, now that I read it again it looks like I'm being mean to you but i swear that I wasn't trying to be mean, I just wanted to explain why it's okay to use the online features using luma

ah! great thank you for explaining that to me. i wasn't too sure at first about that so i was hesitating on putting it on my other 3ds.

also, it didn't sound like you were being mean, just direct and to the point ^_^

Reactions: Gray_Jack

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Second time same question! (if you hold your rate it will come again on monday i think!)
Read this: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki
Try to google for your problem first!
And if you need help for a problem then give ENOUGH informations that we could help fast!
There are many versions of Luma3DS that are in use!
There are different A9LH Version that are in use!
And many questions like that have been answered in this thread.

Seriously dude? try googling it see what comes up? I'm asking here twice because noone's answered my question and google doesn't come up with anything good.

A

a9lh-1user

I will give you a hint!
Did you use the newest version of Decrypt9? (or try to use different versions of it!)
Did you try to use up_decrypt9.bin or down_decrypt9.bin (or other options)?
Did you try to use another release of Luma3DS?
Did you try to put another payload on start_whatever.bin?

No you dont! And again it is more important to insult me for my answer as give us informations about your system to resolve your problem!
I'am sorry but you have to grow! Not everything will be answered here if you are not willing to search for a solution for yourself or give us enough informations!

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I will give you a hint!
Did you use the newest version of Decrypt9? (or try to use different versions of it!)
Did you try to use up_decrypt9.bin or down_decrypt9.bin (or other options)?
Did you try to use another release of Luma3DS?
Did you try to put another payload on start_whatever.bin?

No you dont! And again it is more important to insult me for my answer as give us informations about your system to resolve your problem!
I'am sorry but you have to grow! Not everything will be answered here if you are not willing to search for a solution for yourself or give us enough informations!

Omg. Are you for real ? I didn't insult you or anything you just started bashing me for no good reason. Please go help someone else, I don't want help from such a hateful person. I asked that question because I didn't know what to do. I'm not really tech savy when it comes to 3ds.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pathchanger is only needed when you use a Bottmanager afaik.
I'am a little bit lost here with your problem because if you "only" install a9lh with Plailect's guide and updated to a9lh v. 2 it should be working.
I use the same a9lh v. 2 with screeninint and it works perfect. (on both systems).
Hope you will get it work :)
Yea, I didn't think path changer was the problem. Well I didn't change anything else except updated some of the homebrew and apps like hourglass and FBI. Nothing that should have affected gba afaik and surely restoring a band backup should have changed back anything I may have done bad. Well I'll keep trying to fix it and I'll get back to you if I ever fix, haha. Thank you for trying to help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Omg. Are you for real ? I didn't insult you or anything you just started bashing me for no good reason. Please go help someone else, I don't want help from such a hateful person. I asked that question because I didn't know what to do. I'm not really tech savy when it comes to 3ds.
Down_decrypt9wip using latest payload works for me and generally it's a good idea to try different buttons since some buttons are reserved for stuff. I would much rather have your problem at the moment. So he actually gave you sound advise that I recommend you try.

Reactions: a9lh-1user

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'M trying to launch decrypt9 but holding start doesn't do the trick. It just launches into sysnand. I'm pretty sure I have the payload in the required folder because I didn't change anything after installing a9lh and luma3ds except one thing, adding gw's payload. it's named left_gw.bin though. What could be wrong? Ah addinational info: I'm using BootAnim9.
For the sake of averting more pointless arguing here, could you answer a few questions?
Are you using the latest version of Luma?
What is your Decrypt9 payload named?
What version of Decrypt9 are you using?
Where are your payloads located?
Can you load any other payloads (for example your Gateway payload or something like Uncart/EmuNAND9/etc etc)?

Also make sure you've changed the path within Luma's arm9loader.bin to wherever you've placed it. I don't think this would help with payloads, but you'll have more problems down the line if you haven't done this (and it never hurts to be sure).

Last edited by 9thSage,

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
For the sake of averting more pointless arguing here, could you answer a few questions?
Are you using the latest version of Luma?
What is your Decrypt9 payload named?
What version of Decrypt9 are you using?
Where are your payloads located?
Can you load any other payloads (for example your Gateway payload or something like Uncart/EmuNAND9/etc etc)?

Also make sure you've changed the path within Luma's arm9loader.bin to wherever you've placed it. I don't think this would help with payloads, but you'll have more problems down the line if you haven't done this (and it never hurts to be sure).

Yes I'm using latest version of Luma(updated with starupdater). I check it daily.
Decrypt9's payload name is def_Dec9.bin.
I'm using the one i installed when i setup up a9lh, didn't update it after that.
My payloads are in \microSD\luma\payloads.
Yes. I can load other payloads like gw,Uncart and emunand9. The only problem is Decrypt9.
Luma's arm9loader.bin is in anim/arm9loader.bin.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm using latest version of Luma(updated with starupdater). I check it daily.
Decrypt9's payload name is def_Dec9.bin.
I'm using the one i installed when i setup up a9lh, didn't update it after that.
My payloads are in \microSD\luma\payloads.
Yes. I can load other payloads like gw,Uncart and emunand9. The only problem is Decrypt9.
Luma's arm9loader.bin is in anim/arm9loader.bin.
The default payload name is no longer in use. That's your issue. Call it Start_D9.bin. Or set it to something else. Either way this is very simply used if you would just use the d-pad for all your payloads. You would have know this if you actually read the wiki like you claimed you did.
image.jpg

Last edited by Xenosaiga,

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Guys, I have 2 questions:
About GBA games injected, I still need to install them on both sysnand and Emunand?
Do the Blue GWcard works?
Thank you, men!

dsync

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just did a quick check for language and region emulation. It seemed like this feature is only applicable for non NAND app, so app like Mii Plaza will not have any effect. Is there any solution to play Mii Plaza in English on a Japanese N3ds?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

About GBA games injected, I still need to install them on both sysnand and Emunand?
Thank you, men!

With Luma3DS I basically remove the emuNAND and launch the GBA game purely on sysNAND. I even updated my a9lh sysNAND to the latest version.

Reactions: Fatalanus

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, men!
You DO need to install GBA on both if you're playing them from EmuNAND, otherwise you could put them on just sysNAND (if you were using a9lh and updated sysnand mode). The GW card I have no idea, don't have a Gateway.

Reactions: Fatalanus

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
The default payload name is no longer in use. That's your issue. Call it Start_D9.bin. Or set it to something else. Either way this is very simply used if you would just use the d-pad for all your payloads. You would have know this if you actually read the wiki like you claimed you did.
View attachment 53331

I didn't claim anything. Why everyone's so negative around here? Anyway thanks for the help though, I'll check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For @Flame