Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't claim anything. Why everyone's so negative around here? Anyway thanks for the help though, I'll check it out
For what it's worth, I don't think it's anything personal...just frustration that a lot of people end up asking questions the wiki would have answered in a couple of minutes if they'd read it, that's all.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't claim anything. Why everyone's so negative around here? Anyway thanks for the help though, I'll check it out
You said you used google. Well click this here link and it literally takes you right to the page you need.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Luma3DS+payload+help

For what it's worth, I don't think it's anything personal...just frustration that a lot of people end up asking questions the wiki would have answered in a couple of minutes if they'd read it, that's all.
This. This is exactly why people give such animosity. It's not that people don't want to help. It's just the fact that people literally ask the same question someone else just asked not even two posts ago. Or asks a question that is answered repeatedly. It seems nobody ever wants to read for their answer yet that's exactly what they end up doing anywhere when someone has to type out an answer again and the info still has to be read.

Reactions: Shadow#1

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 3ds doesnt start, i have all files in micro SD and only make a flash. 1 second....

If you have all the correct files and installed a9lh correctly, it should work. But obviously, you didn't. You can help yourself by being more informative about your files, fw, 3ds type, etc, rather than relying on people here to guess what you did wrong.

LinkKenedy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well my english is not very good.. ok xD

I have a N3DS and i used a9lh a lot of months, but someday my 3ds die.

Look, i have these files on my Micro SD 32 GB class 4

3ds.png

3ds1.png

3ds2.png

Look this video, look the led on the 3DS.

https://twitter.com/linkkenedy/status/744265637388685313

Flash shutdown slowly whit out files on SD, and whit files the led power of immediately

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well my english is not very good.. ok xD

I have a N3DS and i used a9lh a lot of months, but someday my 3ds die.

Look, i have these files on my Micro SD 32 GB class 4

3ds.png

3ds1.png

3ds2.png

Look this video, look the led on the 3DS.

https://twitter.com/linkkenedy/status/744265637388685313

Flash shutdown slowly whit out files on SD, and whit files the led power of immediately

Try loading this latest build on a different micro SD:
http://dropcanvas.com/2eqdu

If the attachment works, something is wrong with your files. If it doesn't, maybe something is wrong with your a9lh, microSD, 3ds, etc.

hominid9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what a9lh does when it can't find the a9lh payload to load it (so it sounds to me like it's working as it's intended to work). I think what I would do is copy everything off of the SD card, reformat the SD card (make certain it's fat32, 3DS can't read anything else) then put everything back (with a fresh arm9loaderhax.bin).

Also, on Luma you no longer need the firmware.bins (unless you want them for some specific reason like NTR) or the patched_firmware_sys.bin or the usepatchedfw file. Those last two don't actually do anything any more.

KingCyrus20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble getting Luma to boot EmuNAND. It either gives me a black screen or boots SysNAND. Reading the wiki has not helped me much.
A little information about my setup:
I'm switching from rxTools, with EmuNAND updated to 11.0.0-33U. (SysNAND is on 9.2.0-20U)
I'm using CTR Boot Manager and Menuhax (Using the R button to trigger, instead of autoboot, since Luma was throwing me back to CTR earlier)
I do not have A9LH.
The only option in the Luma settings that is checked is the one to show NAND in System Settings.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using CTR Boot Manager and Menuhax (Using the R button to trigger, instead of autoboot, since Luma was throwing me back to CTR earlier)
It seems like this is your problem, if you don't have updated sysNAND checked in the settings, holding R is booting you to the sysNAND with the FIRM from the emuNAND. If you must have it this way instead of autobooting it, you're probably better off not using L or R or B.

It does say this in the wiki btw, the behavior of the R button. :)

Last edited by 9thSage,

KingCyrus20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like this is your problem, if you don't have updated sysNAND checked in the settings, holding R is booting you to the sysNAND with the FIRM from the emuNAND. If you must have it this way instead of autobooting it, you're probably better off not using L or R or B.

It does say this in the wiki btw, the behavior of the R button. :)

Yeah, just noticed that. I changed the trigger button to down and tried it, but I'm still not getting into EmuNAND.
I didn't really think the button would make a difference anyway, since I'm only using it to get into CTR and launching Luma from there (without pressing anything).

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just noticed that. I changed the trigger button to down and tried it, but I'm still not getting into EmuNAND.
I didn't really think the button would make a difference anyway, since I'm only using it to get into CTR and launching Luma from there (without pressing anything).
Oh, well that wasn't very clear. I thought you were saying you were using CTR to launch Luma by holding R.

So you said it's giving you a black screen...would the situation on the troubleshooting page about having downgraded with a Gateway apply to you?

KingCyrus20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, well that wasn't very clear. I thought you were saying you were using CTR to launch Luma by holding R.

Sorry, I should've been more descriptive about how I was doing it. I really don't know what the problem could be, since it should be booting into EmuNAND by default. I didn't downgrade with a gateway, I used a variant of SafeSysUpdater that someone here posted a few months ago. Let me try to find the guide I followed.

Last edited by KingCyrus20,

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I should've been more descriptive about how I was doing it. I really don't know what the problem could be, since it should be booting into EmuNAND by default.
Ever downgraded with a Gateway card? That's something that could cause the black screen you were seeing, if so.

Last edited by 9thSage,

KingCyrus20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hello people I have a very, uh, interesting situation. Gba vc randomly stopped working after updating to a9lh v2 screeninit, I have tried many things like redownloading luma 5.5 from the updater and manually, did the thing the wiki said, reinstalled the gba, downloaded another gba to make sure if the other one was faulty,redownloaded bootanim9, restored a sysnand backup of when it was working, and deleted luma config. Nothing has worked and it boots into a black screen without the gba splash and yes I have checked to make sure the right options on luma settings. Everything else works fine except gba and I ran out of things to try, any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to mention I am on sysnand. Also I don't think a9lh would affect gba vc right?
This is an issue with bootanim9 according to recent reports that I've read.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. I used a variant of SafeSysUpdater to downgrade to 9.2 a few months ago. Then installed rxTools. I followed this guide, but instead of Cakes, I installed rxTools: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/#post-5889916
hmm....wait a moment here, you're not trying to use the firmware files for Cakes or anything like that are you? Probably not what you're doing, but I just want to check. I'm not sure if Rxtools uses anything like that, but IIRC he ones for Cakes CFW won't work on Luma. If you're using any firmware.bin file delete it and see if that helps. Luma won't need that stuff unless you're trying to boot NTR or that kind of thing.

Last edited by 9thSage,

KingCyrus20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm....wait a moment here, you're not trying to use the firmware files for Cakes or anything like that are you? Probably not what you're doing, but I just want to check. I'm not sure if Rxtools uses anything like that, but IIRC he ones for Cakes CFW won't work on Luma. If you're using any firmware.bin file delete it and see if that helps. Luma won't need that stuff unless you're trying to boot NTR or that kind of thing.

Rxtools used a firmware.bin file, but I moved that off the sd card along with rxtools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, thx