Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Sounds like you haven't actually installed A9LH yet if it boots without the card. So, you can't get Menuhax to come up? If that's the case, just put your card back in after turning the system on, and change your theme. Then reinstall Menuhax. Of course, from what I'm reading Browserhax is down atm, so, you may have to wait for that to come back up if you aren't using an exploitable cart.

That said, I once had a large card that hated running payloads from a boot manager for some odd reason (maybe BootCTR was too fast for it). It would run one payload, then trying to boot anything but HB menu gave me a black screen until I reinstalled Menuhax. Running them from the HB menu solved the problem until I got A9LH up and running. Probably some junk clone card.

I would use TinyFormat. Keeps your NNID intact, and anything installed to NAND (including legit DSiWare). You can install NAND DevMenu, for example, then run TinyFormat, and it will still be there (highly recommended). But I would be certain they're linked. Try installing something in each. See which folder it goes to each time. CN is small.

I was about to ask if you had MicroSD Management installed. The old versions do that. There are decrypted versions that fix the problem. Do a search for "microsd management" on a certain iso site. Second thread.
Just use tiny format. Using the built in format screws your nnid up on your emunand.
Got it working, thanks guys. My 3ds is back to normal, screw gateway.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
It was the micro sd management cia which was crashing the menu. For some weird reason it didnt crash while on gateway. I deleted this title and the problem was fixed, i no longer need emunand so no loss here.
Cool :P

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but given that luma loads firm from CTRNAND that isn't an issue.

Also, Nintendo actually updated NFIRM version in 11.0, so.
iment for using ntr since that would patch it since it requires arm 11 exploit and if a newer update won't run with out the newest nfirm thats a problem

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iment for using ntr since that would patch it since it requires arm 11 exploit and if a newer update won't run with out the newest nfirm thats a problem
I don't understand, how would that be a problem with Luma3DS? If you're worried about it, keep an emuNAND with a lower system menu version.

masamune19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i dont know the exactly version but in 5.2 r4 works great but in last version 5.5 in stuck in black screen and doesnt start
am i the only one with this bug?

Nocto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you replace the arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of ur sd card with the luma one? Also have you ever used gateway to downgrade before?
Just did it now without deleting the old rei folder and it booted me to the 5.5 configuration screen, so thanks. Never used gateway to downgrade before btw.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not a problem with luma but it would stop arm 11 exploits which would suck
Well sure, I just don't think it's something that Luma3DS could solve. Only staying on (or keeping that emuNAND with) an older system menu will do the trick there.

heraymo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you haven't actually installed A9LH yet if it boots without the card. So, you can't get Menuhax to come up? If that's the case, just put your card back in after turning the system on, and change your theme. Then reinstall Menuhax. Of course, from what I'm reading Browserhax is down atm, so, you may have to wait for that to come back up if you aren't using an exploitable cart. EDIT: Just checked it, seems to be up now.

That said, I once had a large card that hated running payloads from a boot manager for some odd reason (maybe BootCTR was too fast for it). It would run one payload, then trying to boot anything but HB menu gave me a black screen until I reinstalled Menuhax. Running them from the HB menu solved the problem until I got A9LH up and running. Probably some junk clone card.

I would use TinyFormat. Keeps your NNID intact, and anything installed to NAND (including legit DSiWare). You can install NAND DevMenu, for example, then run TinyFormat, and it will still be there (highly recommended). But I would be certain they're linked. Try installing something in each. See which folder it goes to each time. CN is small.

I was about to ask if you had MicroSD Management installed. The old versions do that. There are decrypted versions that fix the problem. Do a search for "microsd management" on a certain iso site. Second thread.

I actually have a new problem which was my fault
ok i got armloader installed but i made a mistake. it happened several steps ago. instead of using fbi i accidentally used plaiupdater at this part (Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder) so it put plaiupdataer instead of Fbi. i relized back then what i did but i had already backed MY NAND but i forgot to do it again with my correction. so now i cant load fbi. lol im not bricked but i failed hard

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok i got armloader installed but i made a mistake. it happened several steps ago. instead of using fbi i accidentally used plaiupdater at this part (Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder) so it put plaiupdataer instead of Fbi. i relized back then what i did but i had already backed MY NAND but i forgot to do it again with my correction. so now i cant load fbi. lol im not bricked but i failed hard
damn man.

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would like to ask some help here:
before I installed A9LH I remember I could use my old Acekard2i and R4-SDHC DS flashcards in my O3DS (starting Luma with R key held).
Sysnand 9.2.0.20E/Emunand 11.xxx (through A9LH starting either GW4.02 or Luma 5.5)

After installing A9LH I can't get the flascards to work anymore. Correct icon shows but after start I only get black screens.
Any hints and tips how to 'revive' the old cards in this setup?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I remember I installed a patched TWL_firm some time ago

Last edited by wiiuser2,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You should still be able to inject FBI with Decrypt9. If what you're saying is that you no longer have an original H&S app from a NAND backup, you can download the H&S app with 3DNUS. 0004001000021300 for US O3DS, 0004001020021300 for US N3DS. Use this site to figure out which version you need.

I would like to ask some help here:
before I installed A9LH I remember I could use my old Acekard2i and R4-SDHC DS flashcards in my O3DS (starting Luma with R key held).
Sysnand 9.2.0.20E/Emunand 11.xxx (through A9LH starting either GW4.02 or Luma 5.5)

After installing A9LH I can't get the flascards to work anymore. Correct icon shows but after start I only get black screens.
Any hints and tips how to 'revive' the old cards in this setup?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I remember I installed a patched TWL_firm some time ago

Last I checked, patched versions of TWL_FIRM were not an issue, but old versions certainly are. Make sure you have the latest version of TWL_FIRM installed. Also, if you're running Luma from a boot manager, you have to patch it.

hi i dont know the exactly version but in 5.2 r4 works great but in last version 5.5 in stuck in black screen and doesnt start
am i the only one with this bug?

Sounds like it could be GW downgrader corruption. Check this out for an explanation.

Why A and B can't be used for load payloads?

A tells Luma to boot using the default settings (persistence override -- boot the default NAND). That's why A makes a great hotkey for running Luma if you choose to make it something other than the default on your boot manager. B is set to boot the second EmuNAND if you have one. This is why you have to hold L when using A as a hotkey.

you can use A but need to press L+A
but i think you some keys to don't get into conflit with other stuff for example recovery menu and i think menuhax?
btw for launch emunand you press B

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes

Actually, that's not quite right. L is for launching EmuNAND. B is for launching a second EmuNAND, if you have one. Most people do not, so it just runs the first one, like L does, but technically L is the proper key for EmuNAND.

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: Asia81

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last I checked, patched versions of TWL_FIRM were not an issue, but old versions certainly are. Make sure you have the latest version of TWL_FIRM installed. Also, if you're running Luma from a boot manager, you have to patch it.
I downloaded and installed the latest version of TWL_FIRM via 3DSNUS, Luma was already patched (starting via BootAnim9).

Status: When booting Luma while holding L, I cannot use the flashcards (black screen) from the homescreen (sysnand 9.2)
When I start rxTools 2.5.2 from there I can use the flashcards successfully. Beats me.....

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded and installed the latest version of TWL_FIRM via 3DSNUS, Luma was already patched (starting via BootAnim9).

Status: When booting Luma while holding L, I cannot use the flashcards (black screen) from the homescreen (sysnand 9.2)
When I start rxTools 2.5.2 from there I can use the flashcards successfully. Beats me.....

Ah, it's probably the 9.0 NATIVE_FIRM. IIRC the reboot patches won't work on 9.x. Try booting SysNAND with R instead.

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work