Status
Not open for further replies.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was curious, is there a simple way to update the a9lh fork? or do we have to use the installer combined with our original nand backup again if we want to change it? I'm also assuming you cant just backup your 10.7 sysnand and use that with the installer if you already have a9lh installed? Again just curious, and doesnt look like anyone has asked this yet so figured I may as well.
You don't need a NAND backup to use the installer. You can install different forks normally.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if something like rxTools can patch region-free into the Home Menu at runtime, what's to say it can't also remove the 300 title limit?
Doesn't sound like the best idea though (unless every CFW adds this). Just imagine being on a CFW that supports 300+ titles, then you use another CFW that doesn't support 300+ titles. Wouldn't that cause issues?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't sound like the best idea though (unless every CFW adds this). Just imagine being on a CFW that supports 300+ titles, then you use another CFW that doesn't support 300+ titles. Wouldn't that cause issues?
this is probably the worst possible way to do this, but I searched for "01 2C" and "21 0C" (0x12C is "300") in the Home Menu code, and found one for each. now if I can find a way to get 300 CIAs easily I'd test it. I mean, I don't think this method would work but it's worth a shot :P

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is probably the worst possible way to do this, but I searched for "01 2C" and "21 0C" (0x12C is "300") in the Home Menu code, and found one for each. now if I can find a way to get 300 CIAs easily I'd test it. I mean, I don't think this method would work but it's worth a shot :P
Yeah, what type of person actually reaches the 300 limit?
You must probably have a 128GB card and install a lot of games (which you probably won't ever play :P)
Just delete games you don't need/want to play for other stuff you actually want.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, what type of person actually reaches the 300 limit?
You must probably have a 128GB card and install a lot of games (which you probably won't ever play :P)
Just delete games you don't need/want to play for other stuff you actually want.
I'd still try it out. maybe I can quickly generate 300 CIAs with a script...

mallocup77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone could please explain me the differences between these two modes?

- If you hold R on boot, sysNAND will be booted with the firmware.bin on the SD card.
- You can boot SysNAND with the 9.0 FIRM. To do this hold L on boot.

I swear I'm trying to figure it out but I just don't get it... sorry if it's a stupid question.
I'm running sysNAND 9.2 and emuNAND 10.7 with A9LH and AuReiNand.
I have both firmware.bin and firmware90.bin in my aurei folder. Everything is working perfectly, but I still do not understand what these two files do. I just want to understand how things work.
I'm always booting holding L to get into sysNAND to use FBI to install GBA VC CIA files, for example.

Last edited by mallocup77,

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone could please explain me the differences between these two modes?

- If you hold R on boot, sysNAND will be booted with the firmware.bin on the SD card.
- You can boot SysNAND with the 9.0 FIRM. To do this hold L on boot.

I swear I trying to figure it out but I just don't get it... sorry if it's a stupid question.
I'm running sysNAND 9.2 and emuNAND 10.7 with A9LH and AuReiNand.
I have both firmware.bin and firmware90.bin on my aurei folder. Everything is working perfect, but I still do not understand what these two files do. I just want to understand how things work.
I'm always booting holding L to get into sysNAND to use FBI to install GBA VC CIA files, for example.
Just ignore it, continue booting sysNAND with L.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which one do I search for? The first one? Are you hex editing the patched home menu CIA itself?
I'd like to set limit to 999. Why not, right? For science:)

Last edited by democracy,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah Dinoh psi wants you to destroy his booty +1