Fiesty Panda

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to get the following things on a LU64 4.0 wii?

Region free VC/Wiiware/Channels
Brick free mode (A la preloader's rescue mode)

I know region free Wii games will run by changing a few things in a usb loader, and preloader and starpatch do those things, but preloader won't work with system menu 4.0, and starpatch won't work with LU64 Wii's.

Sorry for the constant questions, when I'm done with all this hacking, I'll make a tutorial encompassing all the questions I've asked, and much more.
gbasp.gif

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
StartPatch doesn't run on them? Also, Preloader .29 DOES work on System Menu 4.0. At least on non0LU64 types, anyway.

According to mtb-bhf, apparently not
QUOTE(mtb-bfh @ Jun 7 2009, 09:54 PM) I'm hoping for a confirmation that you can install 1042 on a patched LU64, but for some reason I don't really trust this... half of the reports I hear make me wonder if the Wii was a true "unhackable" model in the first place.

Or maybe I misread that, it'd be great if it did.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that IOS36 v1042 required for preloader. Doesn't it depend on IOS60?

Even then I won't promise you that it'll work on a LU64 because Preloader applies it's own patch to IOS60.

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
I don't think that IOS36 v1042 required for preloader. Doesn't it depend on IOS60?

Even then I won't promise you that it'll work on a LU64 because Preloader applies it's own patch to IOS60.
Hrmmm, well, can anyone confirm if it'll work? If not, what else could I use for brick protection and region free channels?

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have something else funky going on, but preloader and StartPatch just won't install for me. Preloader gives me its "Can't get root, IOS36 doesn't support fakesign" error even when I've patched it (and tested that the patch worked by installing wads through WadManager set to ISO36) as if it was hard-coded to check for v1042 or something.

StartPatch just gives an ES_Identify error and resets.

If somebody else has either one going on an LU64, I'd love to hear about it. I'm afraid to run IOS Downgrader or anything like that for fear of bricking.

What was your question about channels, Panda? I've been able to install channel WADs that have been region freed without issue through cIOS-rev13. (Just make damn sure you trust the WAD and don't banner-brick.)

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mtb-bfh said:
I could have something else funky going on, but preloader and StartPatch just won't install for me. Preloader gives me its "Can't get root, IOS36 doesn't support fakesign" error even when I've patched it (and tested that the patch worked by installing wads through WadManager set to ISO36) as if it was hard-coded to check for v1042 or something.

StartPatch just gives an ES_Identify error and resets.

If somebody else has either one going on an LU64, I'd love to hear about it. I'm afraid to run IOS Downgrader or anything like that for fear of bricking.

What was your question about channels, Panda? I've been able to install channel WADs that have been region freed without issue through cIOS-rev13. (Just make damn sure you trust the WAD and don't banner-brick.)
I'd been under the impression that channels and virtual console games wouldn't work unless they were for the same region as yours. For example, PAL games wouldn't work on a NSTC wii...

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WADs themselves need to be modified, not your firmware. Look into FreeTheWads, there might be other applications that do the same thing.

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that just for WADS of foreign regions or WADS as a whole?

EDIT: Stupid question, so now I've got region free wiiware, vc, channels, and wii backups without any system hacks! Yay! As for brick protection... I guess I'll just try not to do anything stupid...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok