Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The zelda one looks nice. W00t for confirmation on the new colors/special editions. Reminds me of the Seattle Mariners ones they were selling last year.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Is that all it is? Not much going on there, just seems like a way for Nintendo to sell more DS'.

What they need is a Special Edition version that has Miyamotos signature on it, and release 2 versions, a white one with the signature in black, and a black one with the signature in white.

I'd buy one.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I like the color of the Zelda bundle but the Pikachu edition > all
tongue.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hmmm i'm thinking of importing the zelda DS bundle and trade in my black DS lite, the only problem is i gotta find a importer who will ship it to the UK, the zelda DS lite owns
biggrin.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Eh, no thanks, Ill stick to my black DS.

seriously, man are you crazy? that zelda DS lite looks tight, i'm getting it because i've always wanted a zelda DS lite, and now is the chance to own one, man, those zelda gba sp's are just as cool but i never got one as i have a backlit gba sp now.

zeldagba1.jpg

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, no thanks, Ill stick to my black DS.

seriously, man are you crazy? that zelda DS lite looks tight, i'm getting it because i've always wanted a zelda DS lite, and now is the chance to own one, man, those zelda gba sp's are just as cool but i never got one as i have a backlit gba sp now.

zeldagba1.jpg
I'm with ben_r on this one.

These bundles are "meh" at best, the only good thing about them are the games that are packed in.

I personally hate the generic stamped on images (where's the unstamped, standalone versions?), I've always considered smaller, sleeker hardware to be sexiest in black.
wink.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Nov 20 2007, 06:00 PM)]I'm with ben_r on this one.

These bundles are "meh" at best, the only good thing about them are the games that are packed in.

I personally hate the generic stamped on images (where's the unstamped, standalone versions?), I've always considered smaller, sleeker hardware to be sexiest in black.
wink.gif

i think these bundles are great if you want something different compared to the basic black and white DS lite, i don't mind having to buy zelda phantom hourglass either as i have enjoyed playing it on my R4DS so i might as well buy it, as for the design being "generic" i don't think it is, if you want "generic" you should have a look at the previous zelda phantom hourglass bundle that was released in the UK.

9b2d_1.JPG

all it has is the black logo of link on it and the DS lite is just plain silver, now that is what i would call "generic" this new zelda bundle is much better as it's the whole DS lite that is gold and the triforce is in colour too, it's definitely much better compared to the "generic" sliver DS lite.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Triforce isn't generic?
laugh.gif

As a student who's up to his ass in wonderful design classes, I find both of them to be visually appalling (although I do agree with you on the Gold Lite looking better than the Silver Lite, however. Don't know WTF they were thinking on that one
nyanya.gif
) Seems like Nintendo is relying on the popularity of the bundled game to sell the set (Glossy Gold is also appealing, as is the shiny-ish Silver. Glossy and Shiny coats tend to catch the consumer's eye, not to mention the mind's association of the colors Gold and Silver with luxury)
wink.gif

Once again, from a design student's perspective, these "new" Lites make me sick.
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok