Looking for helper, experienced user

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sorgelig, Sep 10, 2010.

Sep 10, 2010
  1. sorgelig
    OP

Member sorgelig GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    I'm developing special version of SNEEK. I called it "Deluxe" with some features absent or not convenient in original SNEEK.

Some key features of base SNEEK-Deluxe:
    - Automatically detect USB/SD device.
    - Single binary.
    - ability of booting stright from USB without using SD card at all.
    - SD card is available for homebrew apps even if SNEEK is on SD card as well.
    - improved compatibility with some non-storage plugged USB devices in case of boot from USB.
    - improfed speed of managing huge amount of installed channels.

New DI plugin:
    - using original booted device. Everything either on SD or USB. So, you can put games either to SD or USB.
    - playback Wii games from original ISO/WBFS encrypted images.

Also, i'm developing UniiLoader which is also ready for release. Some key features:
    - Doesn't use only one IOS unlike usual cIOS-aware USB loaders. No IOS incompatibilities. Every game gets its correct IOS before launch.
    - No long-time-existing problem with IOS releoad is present. Every game (DVD, WiiWare, VC) is free to reload any IOS.
    - Load DVD games from Wode (Wii and Gamecube)
    - Load Wii DVD games from SNEEK-Deluxe with DI plugin
    - Load WiiWare, VC and other Channels from both real and emulated (by SNEEK) NAND.
    - Load Homebrew from SD and USB
    - Support AHBPROT to pass for launched homebrew
    - Network load for Homebrew (using standard wiiload, just like HBC) with parameters.
    - WiiRD and Cheat engine (Ocarina) support for: Wii games, WiiWare, VC, Channels, Gamecube games
    - Automatic ActionReplay binary loading for GameCube games (greater cheat database than Ocarina).
    - no cIOS required.

I achieved beta stage in my development and realized that i need someone to help me with:

1) testing what i've made. Someone with fresh mind to find bugs i'm avoiding [​IMG]
    2) writting guide. I feel bored to write long guide. Short guide isn't possible to write all features and how to use it.

I need somene experienced in both Wii usage and writting guides, so i won't need to explain how to install channel, update IOSes or configure SNEEK. I would preffer to get someone who already wrote guides on this (or other) board. Also you need to have enough free time for tests. I don't want to wait days for replies. So, if you are willing to spend time for tests and to write guide later then send me PM. Otherwise wait for public release with guide.

2. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Interesting. Aside from my lack of sneek (sounds like lack of sleep), I would be a beta tester to become more familiar with sneek and the wii itself. While I may not have as much knowledge as some of the more experienced users, I am very well capable of learning. Not to mention, my university doesn't start its fall quarter for a couple more weeks and I'm always at home tinkering with one thing or another.

I'm more interested in how you are going to achieve all that you mentioned. I do have a USB gecko at home if you need some sort of output for testing.

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    How is booting to UNEEK without SD going to work?

4. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'd be happy to help out. I've been modding my system with the latest software for years. If you have anything you need me to test just send me a link and I'll take a look.

5. Penn

Newcomer Penn Advanced Member

Chile
    Aaahhh, the sorg's uniiloader?... nice [​IMG]

Waiting for this to be released. Thanks for the heads up! [​IMG]

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'd be all for testing this out and writing a guide. I've helped on a few here and maintained one on another site for a good while.

7. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This sounds interesting. I've become more interested in SNEEK recently but for the most part I haven't really used it because I don't feel like extracting my games.

I'd be happy to try these out, though I'll admit now that I'm not really one to go looking for bugs. I'll use them normally (obviously using all of the new features if you want) and report anything weird, and I'd be completely willing to help recreate bugs if you or other testers contact me with instructions.

I've been following the scene for about a year and a half. I'm by no means an expert but I'm fairly experienced.

8. NReale3370

Member NReale3370 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been messing around with sneek since the 0.1 release that was revoked for being "illegal" (I even got it to work which few people did, and got my post explaining how to do it locked for my trouble :-P). I'd be willing to give it a roll too

9. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Definately interested in helping you with testing stuff.

10. SanGor

Member SanGor Witchhunter

United States
    That sure is a nice list of ideas but how much have you done so far?
    Do you know the Wii HW at all?
    Why don't you commit fixes instead of making your own version?

Also I'm the perfect beta tester because I .

11. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    sorgelig you rule [​IMG] When you mentioned it to me before I didn't think it was going to be so soon so I got busy with some other stuff just now.

I'll drop all that though [​IMG]

and yes I have boot2 bootmii, wode etc etc

12. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Sounds cool, sorry but I don't have sneek. Else I could give a helping hand.

13. sorgelig
    OP

Member sorgelig GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    the main idea was to fully replace System Menu and Homebrew Channel.
    Now i'm using System Menu just to switch connection between wireless and wired and to change screen aspect ratio/resolution.
    Homebrew channel i use only to test if some bug is really bug of UniiLoader or something else.

No, it's not developed in couple of weeks. Already took many months...

14. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Now I find this VERY interesting...

I have plenty of time for testing and typing during the weekend (or right now even).

I would love to help you sorgelig, if you wish to choose for me to do so.
    I love to mess with my Wii's system stuff all the time [​IMG]

15. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    hello

i have been using sneek since about r 40 ill test anything you need and get back to you with an answer in no time. well let me know if you need my help. You probably wont as seeing how all the regulars from the site are wanting to test for you too. Ill still test if you need me too.

16. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Ahh, you finally reached the Beta-Stage, congratulations. You should already know my opinion about it [​IMG].

Looking at the features, that's even more that I've could have hoped for, seems like an awesome work. Though I've been messing around with SNEEK and also wrote a small guide once, I currently have no time to fiddle around with this (damn [​IMG]), so I'm just here to wish you good luck.

So, good luck, seems like an epic of epic epicness, looking forward to a public release [​IMG].

-Blue-K

17. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    by the way. does the Uniiloader need Sneek or is universal?

18. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    wow, i don't even know which of those features i'm looking forward to the most, wish i could say i was qualified to test it for you but sadly i'm just a sneek user and don't know the first thing about wii coding.

edit: actually this
    - ability of booting straight from USB without using SD card at all.
    seems really important to me i didn't even think that was possible i am looking forward to absolutely everything but that feature in particular is there an eta?

19. Liberty

Member Liberty GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I appreciate this project, if we may help you out in any way, tell us!

20. moosehunter

Member moosehunter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It would actually be impossible to not use the SD card at all.