Hacking Looking for a new DS Flash set

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a G6, but im out for a new set with external micro SD compatability.

My main focus is game compatability. non-patched roms and maybe one with a badass GUI. Thats it, really.

Also, any word on a Ouendan 3? That would be awesome.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an R4, but I currently would recommend either a CycloDS Evolution or an Acekard R.P.G.

However, if you're feeling cheap, I recommend the Acekard 2.

ChampionTWH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SCDS1 has more features than the cyclo and can also run 3 gui's on the mem card at the same time, just boot into one from the other. Another bonus is that it's cheaper.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't mean it like that >.<

I just meant if you wanted to spend a little less than $50. But if you're going for quality, definately get the CycloDS or the Acekard RPG.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Acekard 2, and Supercard DS1 SDHC would be my recommendation, since you have a low budget.

I chose supercard DS1, because it has all the features the Cyclo has, but more. Realtime save, Realtime guide, slow-mo (If you set it up with the files and everything) The only negative about it is it's GUI, where it's a little slow, and uses the older version of Moonshell. It's nnot as slow as M3 real, but it can take 3-5 seconds to load a game.

Acekard 2 is the degraded version of Acekard R.P.G. Acekard 2 can't do anything but play games. That's its sole purpose. It does have a faster GUI, but no features. It's also closed sourced. Still a very nice choice though.

They both have near perfect game compatibility. I've tested out 120 games on my 8 gig SDHC, and there was a problem with Puzzle quest, but the Supercard team fixed it a few days ago. Acekard is good, but it lags considerably on the opening of Castlevania, thus it'll most likely to lag within the game itself. Other than that, they're both great choices.

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lawl, low budget? The HELL does that mean? I just bought a $300 DS for the fun of it.

Low budget...

Oh, im liking this Save State feature. Its awesome for when im at work. Does the CycloDS support it or just the Supercard DS One?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yoshimashin said:
Lawl, low budget? The HELL does that mean? I just bought a $300 DS for the fun of it.

Low budget...

Oh, im liking this Save State feature. Its awesome for when im at work. Does the CycloDS support it or just the Supercard DS One?
Both supports realtimesave.

$300 DS? mine was $140
biggrin.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Acekard 2 is the degraded version of Acekard R.P.G. Acekard 2 can't do anything but play games.

None of them do anything but play games. All recent carts have near-100% game compatibility, DLDI auto-patching, cheats, skinning, SDHC compatibility, soft reset from game, download play support, etc.

The difference between the lower-cost carts such as the Acekart 2, Edge, or DSTT and the higher-cost carts such as the CycloDS and Acekart RPG is that the lower-cost carts don't have the bells and whistles of the more expensive carts. Bells and whistles includes things like in-game menu (for changing cheats and other settings during gameplay), real-time save (which makes a dump of the memory at any point during the game that can be loaded to restart the game from the exact same point), slowing down the game, etc. If you don't have a use for any of those things, go for one of the lower-cost carts.

-Bri

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
All of them don't do anything but play games. All recent carts have near-100% game compatibility, DLDI auto-patching, cheats, skinning, SDHC compatibility, soft reset from game, download play support, etc.

The difference between the lower-cost carts such as the Acekart 2, Edge, or DSTT and the higher-cost carts such as the CycloDS and Acekart RPG is that the lower-cost carts don't have the bells and whistles of the more expensive carts. Bells and whistles includes things like in-game menu (for changing cheats and other settings during gameplay), real-time save (which makes a dump of the memory at any point during the game that can be loaded to restart the game from the exact same point), slowing down the game, etc. If you don't have a use for any of those things, go for one of the lower-cost carts.

-Bri

The only really big special feature would be the real time saving. THat has me very interested.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For that you will need one of the more expensive carts.

I assume you understand that "real-time saving" isn't the same thing as "saving." All carts will allow you to save games as supported by the game. Real-time saving makes a dump of the current game state that can be loaded later.

-Bri

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yoshimashin said:
Bri said:
All of them don't do anything but play games. All recent carts have near-100% game compatibility, DLDI auto-patching, cheats, skinning, SDHC compatibility, soft reset from game, download play support, etc.

-Bri

The only really big special feature would be the real time saving. THat has me very interested.

Then you should get either a Scds1 or a CycloDS Evolution.

Soon I'll have both
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Yoshimashin @ Mar 22 2008, 10:58 PM)
Oh, so theres no way to have multiple saved spots? Its basically a hibernation feature....
That's not available yet, but I think they will implement it sooner or later.

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
Yoshimashin said:
Bri said:

-Bri

Then you should get either a Scds1 or a CycloDS Evolution.

Soon I'll have both
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Yoshimashin @ Mar 22 2008, 10:58 PM)
Oh, so theres no way to have multiple saved spots? Its basically a hibernation feature....
That's not available yet, but I think they will implement it sooner or later.

With that said, what one should I be leaning towards? Ive heard a lot of good things about the CycloDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1