Localization studio 8-4 won't be handling the translation for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

C3FuZFE.png

Fire Emblem localizations have been a very contentious subject in recent times, considering the extents that fantranslators on GBAtemp and other teams went through to re-translate what they felt was a failed Fire Emblem: Fates translation by Nintendo, or trying to rework in deleted costumes for the western release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Both of these issues stemmed from Nintendo's inhouse localization studio: Nintendo Treehouse. 8-4 is another translation company, having worked on Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fire Emblem: Echoes.

With the recent announcement of the latest Fire Emblem game, Three Houses, fans began wondering who was handling the translation this time, Nintendo, or 8-4. It was then confirmed on 8-4's official Twitter account that they were not working on localizing the game, meaning its translation is up to another studio.

This isn't a confirmation that Treehouse will be localizing Fire Emblem: Three Houses, but it is a likely assumption, knowing that Treehouse tends to translation Fire Emblem games that 8-4 doesn't pick up.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Treehouse usually does a good job localising most games (Splatoon and Paper Mario's localisations stand out as some of the best), let's hope they hear the fan outcry to not censor games.
Not sure who to blame for XC2's poor localisation though

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not so familair with this localization group, but it seem like a big deal to be on twitter. I hope a competent group will handle it. I'm not really a fan of this game but I can understand bad localization from games i have played. :)

D

Deleted User

Sorry, not quite understanding: Is TreeHouse the one that fucked up the translations, or was that 8-4?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think is bad, but I do admit some vocal direction needs to be better. When characters should be upset or yell, they don't really do it that well. So while it's noticeable is not horrendous. But then again, I'm not really one to discuss this type of thing. I play a game in english since is the only language I know and easy to understand for me than others. So Is only a problem when they get that wrong, bad grammer and typos and other such things. :blink:

D

Deleted User

8-4 did Awakening and Echoes, which people loved. Treehouse did TMS#FE and FE: Fates, which aggravated a lot of people due to censorship.
Ah, thank you.

Hope people get what they want, and it's a different team so. Regional changes suck ass.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe this can help explain? :ninja:

Haven't watched the video yet (obviously) But all I can think of from that thumbnail is "That character wasn't in the game was she?".

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't watched the video yet (obviously) But all I can think of from that thumbnail is "That character wasn't in the game was she?".
That's lin from xenoblade chronicles X on wii u, She is in the game. But they removed some suggestive clothing from her when released outside Japan, in japanese version, she can wear swimsuits and she is 13 years old, which won't be culturally acceptable outside japan. Other than that, the context isn't good according to fans.

The only problem I have with the game is the font size being too damn small, I gave up after about 20 and i wish I can play more but is frustrating to get into with such a simple fix. (I know homebrew mod methods exist to fix it but It really should have been the developers job)

Here is a contrast to xenoblade chronicles 2 localization :P

Nema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, not quite understanding: Is TreeHouse the one that fucked up the translations, or was that 8-4?
If you don't like censorship and script changes of original game then both are bad. I can't think of one competent team. It's sad but the only way to play games similar to original is fan translations.

Reactions: lampdemon

Nekomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Treehouse usually does a good job localising most games (Splatoon and Paper Mario's localisations stand out as some of the best), let's hope they hear the fan outcry to not censor games.
Were they also the brilliant ones to change DJ Octario`s personality in the Splatoon EU edition? It would be half as painful to be splatted by him with the NA translation puns kept intact.

Reactions: SomeGamer

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Were they also the brilliant ones to change DJ Octario`s personality in the Splatoon EU edition? It would be half as painful to be splatted by him with the NA translation puns kept intact.

Nah NOE localised the EU version, 2 was localised by NOA for EU as well as the USA

Reactions: Nekomaru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii