Fire Emblem: Three Houses will feature same-sex romance options for certain characters

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonelyPhantom

LonelyPhantom Narcissistic Nihilist

Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    The End of Time
    +1 for anyone that get's the reference

Attached Files:

Borjitasstoi and Daisy like this.
  2. bi388
    This message by bi388 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 14, 2019
  3. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    Dont they always do this?

4. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    Fuck this bitch. Sayaka deserved better

LonelyPhantom likes this.
  5. Daisy

Daisy Contributor

pip Contributor
    Aug 17, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    She got Kyoko (^:

LonelyPhantom and Enryx25 like this.
  6. Fates-Blade-900
    This message by Fates-Blade-900 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 14, 2019
  7. Fates-Blade-900
    This message by Fates-Blade-900 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 14, 2019
  8. Daisy
    This message by Daisy has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 14, 2019
  9. Daisy
    This message by Daisy has been removed from public view by Daisy, Jul 14, 2019, Reason: Duplicate post..
    Jul 14, 2019
  10. Enryx25
    This message by Enryx25 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 14, 2019
  11. Fates-Blade-900
    Jul 14, 2019
  12. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    Nintendo , add more lesbians pairings please !
    Sincerely , a fan of yours.

LonelyPhantom likes this.
  13. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Wait... but don't you get children that can be recruited and have their own classes or something? >_> So it does affect gameplay?

14. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Technically yes (at least in some of the previous titles), though I've seen a couple of people mentioning that the children units/mechanics don't exist in Three Houses at all.

Granted, I'm not an FE buff, so I'm not entirely sure.

15. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Ooh Ok, interesting.

THYPLEX likes this.
  16. LonelyPhantom

LonelyPhantom Narcissistic Nihilist

Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    The End of Time
    2nd this, but also recommend that they consult JadenKaiba of Deviant Art... He has done some "tasteful" work of this type of coupling, I have no doubt he would be a great asset to them, if you catch my drift ;P.

THYPLEX likes this.
  17. chaoskagami
    This message by chaoskagami has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  18. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I'm no expert but I don't think having children with same sex couples will be an issue. :unsure:

Chary likes this.
  19. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    As a Christian, this has always confused me. Why would you want to be angry towards someone for their choices? We're supposed to be caring and supportive towards everyone--love thy neighbor, etc. Even if they're not "in line" with the Bible, neither is stealing or adultery, and yet many devout Christians won't condemn them half as strongly as they would a gay person.

Would you be angry with a player character that murders, because killing is wrong in the Bible? Does that cause a disconnect, because people shouldn't kill each other?

I think, considering Fire Emblem's "modern" core audience, many, many players are going to be very happy with this choice, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Let people enjoy things, is how I see it.

20. Hells Malice
    This message by Hells Malice has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  21. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Adoption :D

livipup likes this.
  22. Fates-Blade-900
    Jul 15, 2019
  23. smile72
    This message by smile72 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  24. Fates-Blade-900
    Jul 15, 2019
  25. smile72
    This message by smile72 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  26. Hells Malice
    This message by Hells Malice has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  27. KingVamp
    This message by KingVamp has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  28. chaoskagami
    This message by chaoskagami has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  29. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    so no gay mods needed this time? xD

livipup, MushGuy and SonyUSA like this.
  30. Kadji

Kadji GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2006
    Germany
    Germany, NRW
    I am totaly fine with this and can't understand why some people are outraged by the possibility to have a same sex romance in the game.

Seriously guys/girls, what's the problem?
    Some people on the internet are behaving like the game is throwing down a d*ck their throat, as if it is impossible *not* to see any same sex romance...

To those people: You have to specifically work towards the goal of having a same sex romance in the game, it's not something that 'just happens' by the story.
    I welcome more choices. It's not my cup of tea, so I won't use it, but I am glad that the option is included.

Also, you can't get children in this game as far as we know, so you are not hindering yourself by having a same sex romance in your playthrough.
    Heck, since I have to play through the game 3 times I might as well try to get one of the same sex romances just for fun (Looking at you Dimitri :D )

31. Youkai
    This message by Youkai has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  32. Tigran
    This message by Tigran has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  33. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    Well, I'll have to make sure to avoid flags with said the not so straight dudes. :O

Sadly I can't build a harem... I need a FE harem route, it's always hard to choose the best wife in these games. :'(

34. Nym5
    This message by Nym5 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  35. smile72
    Jul 15, 2019
  36. CoupureElectrique
    This message by CoupureElectrique has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  37. Scarlet
    This message by Scarlet has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  38. KingVamp
    This message by KingVamp has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  39. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    I need FE:Awakening's Miriel in this FE!

I want to have virtual kids with her and send them to their possible death in combat.

Gayness doesn't bother me.

40. Nevermore

Nevermore GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2014
    United States
    So did anybody bring up yet how all the same-sex options are mostly yaoi/yuri pandering to mainly straight males? Especially while the female options are really hot, and the male options are lackluster (places like ResetEra are screeching how Claude ISN'T an option).

It always bugged me how people label it as "LGBBQT Pairings" instead of yaoi/yuri like it is. The same was true with Fates with both of their options lol.

But it really makes me miss when Fire Emblem fanbase wasn't about this "omg muh shipping" and instead about the niche series itself. And people treat it like it's a sin that every character isn't bisexual or whatever.

Last edited by Nevermore, Jul 15, 2019
  41. LonelyPhantom
    This message by LonelyPhantom has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  42. Borjitasstoi

Borjitasstoi GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2016
    i dont want be rude but it feels this game put this thing as agenda and you know what this is a good signal because fire emblem considers same sex options

this gonna be interesting because that means i you touch the code you can make all character with all options possible it takes time but if you want a complete experience and dont stick depend character preferences looks like will be a mod in the future

43. Fates-Blade-900
    Jul 15, 2019
  44. smile72
    Jul 15, 2019
  45. osm70
    This message by osm70 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  46. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Only in the JPN release like previously, or is it actually confirmed for worldwide release this time?

47. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    Worldwide.
    Localization seem really good this time. (Fuck you Fates)

The Real Jdbye likes this.
  48. Tigran
    This message by Tigran has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  49. The Real Jdbye
    This message by The Real Jdbye has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 15, 2019
  50. chaoskagami
    Jul 15, 2019
  51. Fates-Blade-900
    Jul 16, 2019
  52. Tigran
    Jul 16, 2019
  53. osm70
    This message by osm70 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 16, 2019
  54. Tigran
    Jul 16, 2019
  55. chaoskagami
    Jul 16, 2019
  56. smile72

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    To discuss Fire Emblem again. I wonder if we will get any cute guys through DLC or updates. The three we are getting just aren't that great.

livipup and Shiiouri like this.
  57. Hells Malice
    Jul 16, 2019
  58. Skelletonike
    This message by Skelletonike has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 16, 2019, Reason: Offtopic bickering and replies.
    Jul 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.