Status
Not open for further replies.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It can't just magically work with any game, it needs explicit permission in the cos.xml that Cafe OS loads from the code folder
@golden45 I saw this message over on the Hacking and Homebrew Discussion and it got me thinking. The Browser also has both app.xml and cos.xml in it's code folder. If you can intercept the RPX loading, is it possible to replace the xml's as well?

Looked at NES remix, and Web Browser cos.xml, there are only a few changes between them. The only other games I have decrypted are WW HD (which has a much larger "max_size" in the cos.xml) and NSMBU from NUS.

<max_size type="hexBinary" length="4">1C000000</max_size> Web Browser
<max_size type="hexBinary" length="4">28000000</max_size> NES Remix
<max_size type="hexBinary" length="4">40000000</max_size> WW HD

I'm not sure if this is anything worth noting or not. I just was looking around, and this seems like the most significant, or largest integer, change. Only a few other things change from game to game, from what I have seen (so far).

Did you test the whole of NES Remix?

Last edited by EclipseSin,

shovelcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's a good thing, Nintendo Wiiu is not a bad idea, but they just manage it badly. Advertising on the gamepad was a bad idea, they should keep concentrate on wii mote. It does the success of the wii. Women love the idea of playing games and doing excercices. Mom see some positives facts about the wiimote. Gamepad shoud have been a secondary accessory.

Secondo, Since the consol was with lower specs, and alot of final fantaty lovers complain about it.... about anything anyway.. They should release some ideology about let everyone develop software on the consol. No need to buy a development kit. Like Unity 5, let it for free or subscribe. Let the console have an option in the config menu for devs and let them apply to a program like steam for those who made games. pro version can be brought including more Tools. They don't do money for devkit anyway. They should support, at a maximum level , developpers to help them get games available. They should even have some kickstarter page on Nintendo.com to let dev fund programs or access to Nintendo indie funding program.

Now, since nothing is made, every homebrew will be delicious and probably help Wiiu to be attractive. We have to hack the console to help him. Otherwise, Nintendo give tool to get developper put effort else than hacking.

Hope Nintendo listen this. I'm a fan and i hope things change. No need to protect AAA production, editors have already been indies companies before. Those indies developer is the next generation of AAA titles. You should care if them like you care of younger players.

Reactions: yuyuyup

shovelcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In a month or two, this thread will be dead. Many loaders will be out, you will have leech all wiiu iso and sold at 150$US softmod to people around you, claiming you like a god. Can i take 2 spaces on the 12 pages of the thread to send a message to people reprensenting Nintendo ? They should Watch discussions now and looking for offencives move. They work to get the loader patch quickly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
In a month or two, this thread will be dead. Many loaders will be out, you will have leech all wiiu iso and sold at 150$US softmod to people around you, claiming you like a god. Can i take 2 spaces on the 12 pages of the thread to send a message to people reprensenting Nintendo ? They should Watch discussions now and looking for offencives move. They work to get the loader patch quickly.
are you.......serious?

and people complained about PC gaming off topic chat, i hope this slew of messages is what people wanted instead :rolleyes:, im sure when you email nintendo they will get their best translators on the job to figure out what your talking about

Last edited by gamesquest1,

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh again the usually rant about piracy , i wonder if ever a fanatic will understand that companies kill consoles with bad moves ,region locks ,bad ports are all summing up.
i am a gamer mostly i had an xbox one and a ps4 too ,you know why i ditched them? dlc were paid,games were released with bugs which required a 1-3gb update, if a company doesnt respect the clients nor the clients will respect company

Last edited by dragonmaster,

shovelcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh again the usually rant about piracy , i wonder if ever a fanatic will understand that companies kill consoles with bad moves ,region locks ,bad ports are all summing up.
i am a gamer mostly i had an xbox one and a ps4 too ,you know why i ditched them? dlc were paid,games were released with bugs which required a 1-3gb update, if a company doesnt respect the clients nor the clients will respect company

HDD kills the games. Now any games can be release unfinish and get updates after money is done. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't send a mail to Nintendo, my message will be stock in a boxmail lost in space and I will get an autoreply message. Crap

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
HDD kills the games. Now any games can be release unfinish and get updates after money is done. :(

I don't send a mail to Nintendo, my message will be stock in a boxmail lost in space and I will get an autoreply message. Crap

And is our responsibility that companies are releasing unfinished games with constant annoying and useless updates?, you don't blame piracy for this shit, you blame the developers who are doing a bad job with their games, when you're gonna make a game, you're trying to give to the consumer a product of quality, if the developer doesn't do that, it's not our fault, he doesn't have the right to blame us since that was HIS fault after all, not ours, if the entire videogame industry decides to act like a dick with us, it's their responsibility, again, not ours.

If you as a developer, create a game that is shit, and you blame piracy for lowering the quality, you're not doing a good job here, you're just trying to blame your mistakes onto someone else, and that my friends, is what you would call, an asshole, therefore, we have all of the rights to create whatever we want in our consoles, because that's an expression of democracy and freedom.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you as a developer, create a game that is shit, and you blame piracy for lowering the quality, you're not doing a good job here, you're just trying to blame your mistakes onto someone else, and that my friends, is what you would call, an asshole, therefore, we have all of the rights to create whatever we want in our consoles, because that's an expression of democracy and freedom.

Unfortunately things have changed. Developers are hired as contractors now, which means they don't give a shit about final product and want to keep their job as long as possible. There's also less QA in games since the producers want a release to make some $$ before their next big title release. This is another reason why we see the same old shit games year after year with little ingenuity. QA is also pretty rough since we're not talking 8-bit era stuff anymore - "Hey this game pixel crashes at this point" is different than "Hey we can wall scroll to fall through a level, crash the game to modify memory and skip to the final boss fight". That stuff is definitely a lot harder to find these days until someone out there just goofs off in the game enough to figure it out.

I'm with you though, I hate day one updates/DLC. Just include it in the game you bastards haha.

Last edited by Maximilious,

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

yeah sure.... xbox one and ps4 are not hacked but unfinished games are released constantly with patches

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its just a byproduct of mass production, and you can be sure that most of the budget of the games that claim to have cost millions to make go on lining the "managers" pockets who's job it is to simply rush the project along at all costs....why not scrap beta testing and leave it to the end users to beta test for us :rolleyes:, that will s̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ leave more money for the corporate guys and lawyers to spend on suing people for saying the game was no good or using their unique copywritten ideas like "a gun that shoots bullets", "walking" or the word "scrolls"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds