Hacking loadiine - the first backup loader for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
its just a byproduct of mass production, and you can be sure that most of the budget of the games that claim to have cost millions to make go on lining the "managers" pockets who's job it is to simply rush the project along at all costs....why not scrap beta testing and leave it to the end users to beta test for us :rolleyes:, that will s̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ leave more money for the corporate guys and lawyers to spend on suing people for saying the game was no good or using their unique copywritten ideas like "a gun that shoots bullets", "walking" or the word "scrolls"
I like that GQ, that's good! nice theory there m8, goin on a little heavy but good :)

shovelcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got an idea, if someone do a GUI loader, he should put something like.... : Since Nintendo WiiU games are mostly rate at 80% and over. It was a good choice to do this loader. With some little banner "Only on WiiU". ;)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haven't heard anything lately anyways. He could be working on something else right now. No idea though.

Everybody got out when they learned it can only play NES Remix.

I'm still interested in it from a source aspect. I think it could be useful for some other things but without it or a source there's no way to really test. If it never comes out though, that's fine.

There's always something new, it just takes time usually.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not the truth at all, we're all very behind it, still as ever that's nonsense! but there's no point in bumping up a thread like this until we know more information about what is going on. Writing remarks like that wont do the project any favors!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh when this thread was first made it didnt launch anything at all (successfully) i think people just hyped it up too much not understanding that it was a proof of concept and imagined them selves "loadin all da r09mz!!!1!!!"

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, you're talking to the guy who got excited when the PS3 emulator reportedly loaded Sonic CD for the first time, so you dont have to tell me.

Reactions: gamesquest1

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks more like a troll.
"He mate, want to play Super Smash Bros?"
*NES remix boots up*

All the other games work the same way not only NES remix, he's using mii editor and super smash bros to load from SD, if you use the browser you can only load through network, which is very limited in size/speed.

fossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Looks more like a troll.
"He mate, want to play Super Smash Bros?"
*NES remix boots up*

No looks more like loadline works by injecting games files (NES remix from sd) to a legit disc-based game (Super Smash Bros in this case)

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
All the other games work the same way not only NES remix, he's using mii editor and super smash bros to load from SD, if you use the browser you can only load through network, which is very limited in size/speed.
Do you know if games like MarioKart 8 or MarioParty work with loadiine and SD acces?

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another big question, do you confirm golden45, that THIS use a game exploit (through sd access from smash bros) to laod it, so 5.5 user could use it ?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another big question, do you confirm golden45, that THIS use a game exploit (through sd access from smash bros) to laod it, so 5.5 user could use it ?

5.5 users can't do anything right now but play legit purchases/games. He doesn't even load the game in the console in the video showing this is a kexploit.

Reactions: Margen67

Faran Maqsood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Does it still have the issue of not being able to load bigger .rpx files?
Also can you use any disc based game or only a select few?

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
5.5 users can't do anything right now but play legit purchases/games. He doesn't even load the game in the console in the video showing this is a kexploit.

i'll wait a confirmation from golden45, as from what i see, it looks more like a game exploit, but i get your point.. we will see :D

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does it still have the issue of not being able to load bigger .rpx files?
Also can you use any disc based game or only a select few?

If the .rpx files can still only be loaded through network and not SD, then I guess that's still an issue. we'll wait for golden45 to give us more information ^^.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i'll wait a confirmation from golden45, as from what i see, it looks more like a game exploit, but i get your point.. we will see :D

There's no public exploit for 5.5.0 at the moment.

Golden45 uses the kernel exploit in order to be able to use SD access through smash and mii editor in the first place. Loadiine is like a modified version of cafeiin that can load rpx and rpl etc.
None of that is possible without kernel exploit, and u can't use kernel exploit without exploiting Wii U's browser ^^.
So yeh, you need both kernel and browser exploit for 5.5.0 in order to be able to use it in that version :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil: