Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
gtaIV.jpg

QUOTE said:
The guys at Xbox took an Elite system and, using automotive-quality paint, touched up the sides of the 360 with the GTA IV box art and a serial number. Not a bad way to welcome the first title in the franchise that didn’t drop as a Sony exclusive. Rockstar is also producing exclusive episodes for 360 users available for download this fall. Hopefully it involves Bill Gates and Warren Buffet rolling up on GTA IV’s featured hitter Niko Bellic. The game finally drops on April 29. Unfortunately, the limited run of GTA IV 360s ain’t available in stores.

Microsoft sure does like releasing limited edition Xbox 360s
This one looks rather ugly, IMO.
I guess they're trying to promote the game up.
unsure.gif

Microsoft is only releasing 500 of the consoles (not that they're going to sell all of those ugly things
nyanya.gif
)
More pictures of this console below.

Source

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Did anyone see the XBox360 controller with the keyboard built-in? Is that new? I've never seen it before!
I had an Official Xbox Magazine thing from July 2007 (somewhere in Summer 2007) that had a picture of it.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
jalaneme said:
i wonder how much that would cost, and is it RROD proof?
rolleyes.gif
i did like the homer one they did a while back

its just the Elite model which is not prone to RROD as far as I know (and thus not having Falcon mother board)

QUOTE(jesterscourt @ Mar 21 2008, 07:03 AM) Did anyone see the XBox360 controller with the keyboard built-in? Is that new? I've never seen it before!

yeah, its old:

Xbox 360 Messenger Kit

Microsoft released a small keyboard suitable for messaging in the Summer of 2007, coinciding with the launch of Windows Live Messenger on Xbox 360. The device is named the Xbox 360 Chatpad.[7] This 47-key keyboard connects to the expansion port on the bottom of the standard controller. Additionally, a headset is included, as normal 360 headsets do not plug into the Chatpad (though cellphone headsets can be plugged into the Chatpad). The Chatpad also sports backlit keys and a dedicated messenger button (that flashes when a message arrives).[8][9][10]

Released on September 4, 2007, the Xbox 360 Messenger Kit sells for a retail price of $29.99 USD and £24.99 GBP and includes a wired headset. (It should be noted that standard Xbox 360 wired headsets cannot connect to the chatpad due to the lack of the side pins). Microsoft does not currently provide drivers to make the Chatpad work with a PC.

USB HID-compliant keyboards can be plugged directly into the console and will work in the same way.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
test84 said:
its just the Elite model which is not prone to RROD as far as I know (and thus not having Falcon mother board)
That made no sense.

If its not prone to having RROD, then that means it probably wont get it. "And thus not having the falcon chipset"(its not just a motherboard, its a revision of the processor in a 65nm process)? The revision will make it less prone to RROD, not having it would make it more likely to have RROD.

Also, why are they giving white accessories with that black 360?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There's really no merit of Elite over Pro considering the price difference.

GTA4 logo on the faceplate can easily be decal'ed, and a vinyl sticker can do a similar job on the body.
The bottom line is, it looks better than regular Elite, I love gloss paint.

I wanna see a gloss wine red X360 Pro, I definitely want one.

v so off topic =P I think I'm still at 1.9. I'd rather use my time playing Disgaea 3 than updating. I haven't updated my 360 FW either, but it connects to LIVE all right.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
deathfisaro said:
There's really no merit of Elite over Pro considering the price difference.

GTA4 logo on the faceplate can easily be decal'ed, and a vinyl sticker can do a similar job on the body.
The bottom line is, it looks better than regular Elite, I love gloss paint.

I wanna see a gloss wine red X360 Pro, I definitely want one.

v so off topic =P I think I'm still at 1.9. I'd rather use my time playing Disgaea 3 than updating. I haven't updated my 360 FW either, but it connects to LIVE all right.
That is not possible, when you connect to live you will be prompted to download the new update.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's pretty lame. the halo 3 models actually looked kinda alright because it was an all over type deal. this gta one just looks like someone has stuck stickers on an elite.

keras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No thanks. It looks ugly. What will you then do when GTA V hits the street?. Outdatede GTA IV for sale then.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo +1