Microsoft to launch "console wraps" that serve as skins for Xbox Series X consoles

xboxconsolewraps.png

Microsoft has been known to offer limited and exclusive consoles from time to time, each with their own unique skin to differentiate it from the normal consoles that they offer, going all the way back to the Xbox and popularized by the wide variety offered during the console , going from franchise-centric limited editions, like Halo-themed consoles, Resident Evil and Gears of War, to sponsored ones like Mountain Dew and others. However, the original limited edition consoles had their original skins made within the same console's chassis, meaning the paintwork and all was exclusive to that console's chassis, while the only other means of having any kind of customization for an Xbox console was for the 360 with the custom plates, which only modified the front of the console.

To give users a similar experience to that of the original limited-time consoles from back in the day, starting on October, Microsoft will start offering special-themed "wraps" made with solid panels and an engineered fabric, which will serve as mounted skins held by a velcro hook and loop enclosure. The first wraps available will be with a special game theme of "Starfield", set to release on October 18th, 2023. There will also be other two available colours, Mineral Camo and Arctic Camo, set for a date of Novermber.

Each coloured wrap will be sold for $44.99 USD, while the exclusive Starfield wrap will be sold for $49.99 USD.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks... Meh. And $45? You must be crazy.

If this is M$'s way of bringing back Xbox decals then they're doing a very poor job.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Solid panels and fabric? So it's not a d-brand sticker but more like a phone case for your Xbox?

That's a weird choice but I guess it means it's easier to apply correctly for everyone.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Idk I kinda like it
I mean, I don't have an Xbox and even if I had one I probably wouldn't get one. But it seems like a nice convenient way to customize your fridge.

Well I say fridge as if they were cold but you get it

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
In before the launch of the rumored Ps5 "slim" with detachable disk drive and avoid a repeat of last gen where good 'ol $ony totally corners the console market this gen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto