Life is Strange 2 full episode release schedule announced

header.jpg

DONTNOD Entertainment at last has given a release date for the next three episodes for Life is Strange 2. Fans will be able to play the entire season in full by the end of 2019, with Episode 3 releasing May 9th, Episode 4 following it on August 22nd, and Episode 5 capping it all off on December 3rd. The initial episode made its debut all the way back in September 2018, meaning once everything is wrapped up, it'll have taken the game 14 months to reach a conclusion. Alternatively, Life is Strange 1 managed to have its entire narrative released in only 9 months, a slightly shorter development time. Will you be waiting it out to play all the episodes back-to-back, or are you anxiously awaiting each new release?

:arrow: Source

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually play them the day they come out and just want more after it ends Dx If I had the patients to just wait until December for all 5 I would... I was expecting to not like this one as much as the first but it is actually very good so far :O

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One of the worst ideas ever created releasing episodes with huge gaps and sure ther losing sales as lots of people can't be arsed to wait and when the full game gets released they may not bother as got other games to get through-I'll wait till complete though as liked the first game

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the worst ideas ever created releasing episodes with huge gaps and sure ther losing sales as lots of people can't be arsed to wait and when the full game gets released they may not bother as got other games to get through-I'll wait till complete though as liked the first game

ooor people will still buy and play the game and this release style has no notable effects on sales, aside from the fact that they probably won't pick up until all episodes are released.
Anyone playing the game is likely to get invested in it and continue as they release. It's very unlikely someone would just "forget".

It's done mostly out of necessity I imagine, not because it's a brilliant marketing tactic. It works fine, and that's why it happens. No idea why you even care given the final release date will stay the same regardless of episodic releases for fans who don't wish to wait.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ooor people will still buy and play the game and this release style has no notable effects on sales, aside from the fact that they probably won't pick up until all episodes are released.
Anyone playing the game is likely to get invested in it and continue as they release. It's very unlikely someone would just "forget".

It's done mostly out of necessity I imagine, not because it's a brilliant marketing tactic. It works fine, and that's why it happens. No idea why you even care given the final release date will stay the same regardless of episodic releases for fans who don't wish to wait.
50 bucks most players would forget parts of the story - even when you play a story based game lets say you had work or something and didn't Come back to it after a week you'd no doubt forget some important dialogue or things you should of done let alone a couple of months:lol:

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Why is it taking them too long to release the episodes? Looking back to life is strange 1,the episodes released far quicker than this, is the team smaller now?
I'm somewhat discouraged by the long gaps between the episodes plus the fact that it'll take till the end of this year just to experience the whole thing.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
50 bucks most players would forget parts of the story - even when you play a story based game lets say you had work or something and didn't Come back to it after a week you'd no doubt forget some important dialogue or things you should of done let alone a couple of months:lol:
Can I have 50 bucks? I've bought into a few episodic games from the start, and never forgot what occurred between. I personally didn't need a refresher, but they start each new episode with a "Last time on [game name]..." to refresh you. You never really forget big/important things in a story-based game after just a few months if they've done even a decent job, you might just need a quick recap... which every episode has. These games usually do a good enough job reinvesting you in each new episode. Plus, how would TV shows ever work if you forgot everything the next week? Or Marvel films if you forgot important elements from years ago and couldn't easily refresh and reinvest?

I'd personally wait it out till the end, like I'm doing with LiS 2, but that's just cause I get anxious waiting for a new episode. Can't watch TV till the end of a season for the same reason.

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it taking them too long to release the episodes? Looking back to life is strange 1,the episodes released far quicker than this, is the team smaller now?
I'm somewhat discouraged by the long gaps between the episodes plus the fact that it'll take till the end of this year just to experience the whole thing.
It likely has to do with LiS 2’s setting and cast changing on an episode-by-episode basis as the brothers move throughout the country, it takes a lot more time to draw up and model the various locales as well as the cast inhabiting them. Compare that to LiS 1, which mostly took place within one town (Arcadia Bay).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?