ROM Hack Let's make our own Phoenix Wright story!

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even better you can join the specific board on my website, so when I make an update you shall get it fast
wink.gif
http://deufeufeu.free.fr/pwsebb
I meant something the would else have posted on the romnet wiki
wink.gif
. Really great job there deufeufeu, keep up the good work
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

If it can help I've added a lot of data to my site, noteworthy spritesheets from GS3 (as I'm currently in the process of injecting them).

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed with the dudes who said this is gonna be EPIC!

Now the Phoenix Wright intewebers will rulz the WORLD!

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright, as there are no further submissions, let's start phase 2 and flesh out Hitto's story to see if we can make it a good first case. I'll start by dividing the story into sub-chapters (while leaving the original submission intact) which can then be expanded with actual dialog, ideas, details on items, locations, characters etc. by everyone who comes along. I guess we also need dedicated pages for items and characters.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've split it up into parts, changed the beginning around so that there is a little bit of examination and added pages for listing characters and items. Feel free to hack away at it!
http://romnet.co.uk/wiki/index.php/PWtemp_Blackhand
I've really got to sleep now and probably will be too tired tomorrow. I want to see some positive differences by Thursday!
biggrin.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using your proggies, would it be possible in this current time to say... recreate the first case of GS3 onto the rom? Maybe? Would be interesting. And might it be possible to in the future, fan translate the 4th game when it's out? Maybe? Just asking...

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
No offense, but am I the only one who hates Hitto's story?
unsure.gif

I mean, it's way to cliché ... besides the lack of motive, there isn't even a bit of the good ol' Japanese humour I love in the GS series ... well, that's just me, probably. No offense to anyone.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It definitely needs more humorous details but that's what's great about this kind of working together: If you've got a good idea, simply add it! As for the overall story, I think it's pretty nerdy with all the Wiimote wriststrap stuff but also kind of funny. If you've got a better idea, write it down at the ideas page and we might still decide to use it instead or as one of the next cases.
Using your proggies, would it be possible in this current time to say... recreate the first case of GS3 onto the rom? Maybe? Would be interesting. And might it be possible to in the future, fan translate the 4th game when it's out? Maybe? Just asking...
I think that's what he was going to try... Think I read it somewhere...

D

Deleted User

Yes HE might do it, but HE had an hard time working around some details (choice boxes were hardcoded in the worst way
hate2.gif
).
I'm still making big changes everywhere, so if you want to write something you should wait for the next version.
I want it to have definitive file formats, so it will be released when it will be stable enough to take gs3 cases as input files...

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes HE might do it, but HE had an hard time working around some details (choice boxes were hardcoded in the worst way
hate2.gif
).
I'm still making big changes everywhere, so if you want to write something you should wait for the next version.
I want it to have definitive file formats, so it will be released when it will be stable enough to take gs3 cases as input files...

lol. It's good to know HE is on our side.
wink.gif

Also, on another topic, I think it would be interesting to make a hack that puts you in Edgeworth's shoes. You'd have to create some sprites or something for some defense attorneys to battle, but I think a hack playing as Edgeworth would be nice.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

hate2.gif
).

wink.gif

Also, on another topic, I think it would be interesting to make a hack that puts you in Edgeworth's shoes. You'd have to create some sprites or something for some defense attorneys to battle, but I think a hack playing as Edgeworth would be nice.
smile.gif

I totally agree with you on this, I've tried to convince my wife that an edgy mod would be good, but she listed the gameplay issues involved if you just make a basic swap, and I had to admit it : an edgy, as prosecutor, mod would be pointless without a lot of rom hacking : take for example testimonies, you can use the present stuff to choose between witness at some point in the prosecution, but it would be too passive if you don't allow to direct the testimony by asking the good questions, make sure the witness is well prepared also, ...
Acting as an attorney in PW is very linear, you just react one step at a time, to make a good prosecutor mod you'll have to allow a lot of branching, and it would be easier to completely rewrite the game, and would be in fact a completely different game.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hate2.gif
).

wink.gif

smile.gif

I totally agree with you on this, I've tried to convince my wife that an edgy mod would be good, but she listed the gameplay issues involved if you just make a basic swap, and I had to admit it : an edgy, as prosecutor, mod would be pointless without a lot of rom hacking : take for example testimonies, you can use the present stuff to choose between witness at some point in the prosecution, but it would be too passive if you don't allow to direct the testimony by asking the good questions, make sure the witness is well prepared also, ...
Acting as an attorney in PW is very linear, you just react one step at a time, to make a good prosecutor mod you'll have to allow a lot of branching, and it would be easier to completely rewrite the game, and would be in fact a completely different game.
wtf.gif
frown.gif
cry.gif
But but... *gives up*

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oooh... I just finally opened this thread and this sound very interesting. I may be able to contribute something, but this is doubtful XD.
And, though an Edgeworth mod sounds cool on paper, I don't think it would be as interesting as the normal game itself, for the reasons stated above...

freetard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got any more story ideas?
smile.gif
Yeah hey, I'm not to sure if you wanted this to be entirely fan-made story or how much the opinion of a person with 1 post counts... But I was wondering what if people worked on making the manga stories into game stories? They're quite interesting stories, but require a bit more detail and plotting out to be made into a full fledged case that you would find on a Phoenix Wright game, but at least the plot is pretty much set up.

The manga can be found at "Court Records" or right Here

EDIT: ...Of course this would require a bit of spriting...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof