Homebrew Legohax -- upcoming Ninjhax alternative

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no plans to make a .cia of this. The best way to go would probably be porting the homebrew launcher itself (and making it spawn the HB service if you want to be all clean).

Making a .cia just swaps reliance for an obscure game with reliance for a relatively expensive flashcard. Unless you're able to use a CFW.

Now that we have Pasta CFW, and don't need the flashcard, would you port it to .cia?

Reactions: Margen67 and Idaho

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also happens to support homebrew in .CIA, but that's none of my business.

Why would you boot back into sysnand from cubic ninja for homebrew, when you could just launch the same homebrew from the homebrew channel?

(And with this project hopefully working soon - the homebrew will have full access to the system...)

Reactions: Margen67

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't you ever wish you could just stay in one "mode", where you can run commercial games, homebrew, eshop etc without rebooting all the time?

I do not "reboot all the time" - because I do not switch between a million games per second...

StapleButter Do you know what smealum is up to? Some recent tweets suggest homebrew for current FWs is incoming... Maybe he also touched up the "access limitations" on ninjhax. You might want to check with him to make sure you are not doing the same work twice?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you boot back into sysnand from cubic ninja for homebrew, when you could just launch the same homebrew from the homebrew channel?

(And with this project hopefully working soon - the homebrew will have full access to the system...)

For one, to have a consistent environment across the board for everything, secondly, there's some homebrew that doesn't exist in 3dsx format at all, or some where functionality is slightly different between different formats (Sunshell in particular comes to mind).

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[...] there's some homebrew that doesn't exist in 3dsx format at all, or some where functionality is slightly different between different formats (Sunshell in particular comes to mind).

The project of this thread aims to remove these differences (as I said before...) - but I never understood the need for wads for every little application on the wii either...

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You never think about the gateway users,everytime we exit Ninjahax,we will reboot to sysnand,
and if we want to use Ninjahax again,we have to boot to emunand. The homebrews often freeze,
and we have to reboot into emunand again and again.

And also,CIAs will never be discarded,just because it is the official format

Jaggent360

GBATemps very own Punished "Venom" Snake
Trophies
XP
Country
You never think about the gateway users,everytime we exit Ninjahax,we will reboot to sysnand,
and if we want to use Ninjahax again,we have to boot to emunand. The homebrews often freeze,
and we have to reboot into emunand again and again。

You dont think about Sky3DS users, we dont have this shit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing +1