Legohax -- upcoming Ninjhax alternative

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by StapleButter, Apr 29, 2015.

1. StapleButter
    OP

StapleButter 'New Member' registered since 2009. Fuck yea.

Dec 5, 2009
    France
    Azel, pseudov, Warft and 32 others like this.

2. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    I'll ask first before somebody else does - any chance of a .cia version of this loader, or does this strictly rely on the Ninjhax exploit itself and thus beyond the scope of this project?

Taking away reliance on a single relatively obscure game would be nice!

Idaho, keyra and Margen67 like this.
  3. Suiginou

Suiginou (null)

Jun 26, 2012
    Gambia, The
    pc + 8
    Pretty much everyone who's anyone on the scene has a copy of it, though, and ninjhax itself seems to be both awfully convenient and awfully contrived, so it's unlikely that's got the skill will port it.

4. StapleButter
    OP

Dec 5, 2009
    France
    There are no plans to make a .cia of this. The best way to go would probably be porting the homebrew launcher itself (and making it spawn the HB service if you want to be all clean).

Making a .cia just swaps reliance for an obscure game with reliance for a relatively expensive flashcard. Unless you're able to use a CFW.

5. Suiginou

Suiginou (null)

Jun 26, 2012
    Gambia, The
    pc + 8
    Reliance on an obscure game could only be removed by porting the core entry point to OOT3D (not obscure) or finishing spiderninja (spider's arguably not a game).

Idaho and Margen67 like this.
  6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    and there was me think it was another lego game exploit like on the wii :lol:

would be good to have ninjhax (or derivative) ported to whatever entry points exist, spider,oot, downgraded MSET etc......ps i don't know if thats too complicated, but with so many usable entry points it seems a shame everything is CN reliant

weatMod, Kurth, minexew and 4 others like this.
  7. StapleButter
    OP

Dec 5, 2009
    France
    Browser exploit requires wifi access, unless you can rig the browser into loading shit from the SD card?

OOT3D entrypoint could work, I'd just need to get that game :P

Oh also, this thread got a nice thread ID :)

mercluke, keven3477 and VinsCool like this.
  8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah but a one time browser exploit + FBI to downgrade MSET = completely free solution rather than relying on people owning specific games, you can even use the browser to install the MSET ropchain....but again i dont really know the complexity of it all, any new stuff is obviously welcome, it would just be good to have every option for everything and a completely free solution for people who really do only want homebrew

Margen67 likes this.
  9. pikatsu

pikatsu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    Argentina
    Is there a way for us without Gateway or cubic ninja to use homebrew?

10. StapleButter
    OP

Dec 5, 2009
    France
    I should look into the mset exploit sometimes later, too. It's generally used with other exploits to gain ARM9 code exec, but maybe it can also be used to get just ARM11 userland code exec. In that case, shit is good, tack libkhax on it and you get kernel etc on 9.2 and below. For more recent firmwares, well, needs something else, perhaps with more limitations depending on what mset is allowed to access.

Margen67 likes this.
  11. Chelsea_Fantasy

Chelsea_Fantasy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 25, 2014
    Cuba
    wich lego u will use?

12. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Two of the little thin ones, make it really hard for anyone else to pry it apart.

13. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    hahaha good one. :yay:

14. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I like rainbow ponies.

Anyways, it's nice to see another hax alternative. Man, lego games have been prime targets for hacks. Bathaxx, Indiana Pwns, etc etc. Do they just suck at making games without flaws in them in general or what?

WhoAmI? and Margen67 like this.
  15. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The name is kinda misleading as this doesn't actually exploit a lego game, it's still the same old Cubic Ninja :P
    I think they reused the engine in the Lego games since the games are so similar, which is probably why they're (almost) all exploited.

Margen67 likes this.
  16. StapleButter
    OP

Dec 5, 2009
    France
    Kinda misleading, yeah, but I suck at making names. Legohax is because I'm playing Lego with existing code. :P

17. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you may be obliged to find a lego game hack now......sorry :unsure:

how abooout.....staxhax....coz your stacking random hacks, like lego, but not mentioning lego :P

WhoAmI? likes this.
  18. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    ninjstax? :P
    Sounds better in my head.

Kurth, WhoAmI?, Margen67 and 2 others like this.
  19. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    OOT isn't obscure, but it's expensive if you didn't buy it when it came out. Also, don't you need to trash your save file to use it? (Less of a problem with CN since not a lot of people care about their CN save files).

If this was ported to mset, would it work up to 6.X?

I agree that Legohax is a bad name, because people will see that name and think it uses a lego game. If it's ported to mset or browser, maybe multihax? Combinedhax?)

Pandaxclone2 and Margen67 like this.
  20. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    if it was ported to MSET including the downgraded MSET like what gateway have on the n3DS, it could support all FW versions (upto 9.2) via MSET but 7.x+ would need a temporary entry point to downgrade MSET first using FBI, o3DS console would have spider for that job, n3DS would need oot or CN

Plus you dont have to trash your oot save, to even use oot for exploiting you need some method of writing the exploit save, and if you have that you can also backup your original save at the same time......plus, if the save was done properly and read the payload from the save filesystem you could probably have a valid save and a corrupt exploit save on the one cart, its just gateways save they is malformed which means saving the game would wipe the payload from the save chip