D-Sun who was called D-Moon
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, felt I had to make this topic after checking out the demo.

First off, gotta say...I really like this game !

* so much so, that after completing the demo I went ahead and pre-ordered the game *

It worries me to see so many negative comments, on the internet, about the "Japanese" difficulty of this game.

From my experience, the "SaGa" level-up formula works for this type of game.

Common RPG tactics seemed to get me through the demo with no problems.

Has anyone else here cleared or tried out the demo ?

Also, have you been able to find and/or beat the hidden "Shadow Giant" in the demo ?

Anyone else plan on picking this game up ?

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try it I didn't mind beating FF1-3 about a year ago. all those games were a grind fest. can't remember FF2 level up features but apparently this game uses some feat. from FF2 and saga series? guess I gotta remember what that is. I just got done reading negative reviews. one thing that I read that I don't think I'd like is randomly encountering and having to fight a mini-boss at any given time regardless of your level. or skills levels...

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@SignZ

Sort of the inverse of Bravely Default, this time ^_^"

I am sure you will enjoy the demo, when it becomes available to your region.

My pre-order will be available for pick up in a few days and I will let your know what I think.

@[^Blark^]

From my demo experience, it is a tuned up version of the "SaGa" level up system.

I would check out the demo before passing judgment on the game...90% of those negative reviews are from the Japanese version.

Even the "localizers" recently admitted to balancing out this game based on the feed back they got from Japanese players.

Reactions: signz

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, felt I had to make this topic after checking out the demo.

First off, gotta say...I really like this game !

* so much so, that after completing the demo I went ahead and pre-ordered the game *

It worries me to see so many negative comments, on the internet, about the "Japanese" difficulty of this game.

From my experience, the "SaGa" level-up formula works for this type of game.

Common RPG tactics seemed to get me through the demo with no problems.

Has anyone else here cleared or tried out the demo ?

Also, have you been able to find and/or beat the hidden "Shadow Giant" in the demo ?

Anyone else plan on picking this game up ?

I loved what i have seen, the gameplay mechanics are cool, the graphics are neat, and one RPG that doesn't have to be "An Epic deep story with the death of multiple things" if not, more like a journey where you travel to a lot of places and learn everything about the world rather than things that you do makes this quite interesting, and then, there are assholes who are giving this game practically the thumbs down because they don't know jack shit, like this one:

With puny excuses such as "This is not Bravely Default, therefore, i don't like it", *sigh*, while i do understand that this game might not be for some people, why would you bash something as this when you haven't played any of the previous SaGa games, this is the kind of shit that makes my blood boil, and actually, that was the video where i started to follow my OWN thoughts about the game, and not follow what others reviewers say about my things, if i like FFXIII (to put an example) does that make me a gamer with bad tastes?, no, i just picked something that called my attention, and also a way that i could enjoy things.

I enjoy Mystic Quest FF despite it's minimalist and simple story, but people are always "Not FFVI, -10/10, not enough guns", i know that what i'm talking about is a little bit off-topic, but it pisses me off that when videogame companies try to do something new, gamers complain, and complain, and complain, but when the receive the exact same shit with "HD Remix Remake with Knuckles" they go bat shit insane, and they praise that kind of things, while i do think that supporting old games is a good way to put newcomers, if the best games we're going to receive are things that, everyone else did, i must say that the 8th Generation is pretty lacking, with most of the good titles being ported from the 7th generation.

Anyway, going back to the point, Legend of Legacy is truly a great game, it has the beautiful artwork of the same people who made the SaGa games (Former employees of Square Enix, mind you) and a great soundtrack, composed by Masahi Hamauzu, the man behind the soundtracks of things such as Final Fantasy X and Unlimited Saga!, a great game with an unique concept that people are bashing just because modern gamers can't accept a change of pace on their games, at least i'm happy that some people right there may enjoy what it has, it's truly, a game that looks and plays great.

Reactions: breaktemp

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@Demifiend

Man that review was brutal to sit through !!

" I can't level up the way I want to...so this game has the worst soundtrack every created"

* the reviewer certainly resides in the salt mines *

But yes, I have been nudging people to check out the DEMO to see if it is their cup of tea.

I may not get a chance to replay all of the new game+ stories, but I am sure I will have a great time with this one.

loco365

Trophies
XP
@Team Fail

Yes, I have been enjoying the soundtrack.

* I was quoting the game reviewer in the video *

One of the most seriously negative reviews I have heard in a long while.

Went ahead and pre-ordered to get the soundtrack and art book bundle.
Yeah, I'm just surprised that the reviewer said it sucked. He should perhaps listen to just the OST. I want to get the book and whatnot, but I don't have money until Thursday so I can't get the pre-order bundle :(

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh.

I'm an RPG fan and I love the old SaGa games; the progression of this one seems most like SaGa 2 (without the interesting character race aspects or the innovative magic system). It's not difficult in a strategic way from what I've played, more difficult in a "run around in a circle until you can destroy stuff" kind of way. I spent about three hours getting up to par in the forest before I got bored and stopped playing. Not my cup of tea, I guess.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm the kind of baddie which usually sets games to easy difficulty and I'm having no problems at all with this game, it's just a matter of not biting more than you can chew.

It's not punishing by any means as I'm able to save anywhere at anytime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ