Fantasy Freak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK this is just stupid. Everybody here knows that the DS could never produce such amazing graphics. The fact that you guys are all getting hyper just because of the graphics is what granville said earlier somewhere:

"they post fake graphics to get people hyped up"

I can't believe this topic has gone so long....

Olyfes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fantasy Freak said:
OK this is just stupid. Everybody here knows that the DS could never produce such amazing graphics. The fact that you guys are all getting hyper just because of the graphics is what granville said earlier somewhere:

"they post fake graphics to get people hyped up"

I can't believe this topic has gone so long....
the-legend-of-kay-20090603020747323_640w.jpg

We allready know these screenshots are fake . And that the ds cant handle these graphics .
But this screenshot show's it will be a 3D game (not 100% sure)
That make's the this game kinda insteresting
wink.gif
. IF it will be a ps2 port .

Posts merged

Just remember how much people where hyped of the game k/h for the ds only for the graphics ...

Tbone182a

Trophies
XP
Country
I played an early demo of this one at JoWood's business-lounge at Gamescom Cologne last year. Game is in total 3D indeed, mostly jump and run at that time (island hopping at that point). The engine powering the game was pretty amazine as the game was pretty fluent while graphics (as far as I can remember) were pretty good as well, at least for a demo.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tbone182a said:
I played an early demo of this one at JoWood's business-lounge at Gamescom Cologne last year. Game is in total 3D indeed, mostly jump and run at that time (island hopping at that point). The engine powering the game was pretty amazine as the game was pretty fluent while graphics (as far as I can remember) were pretty good as well, at least for a demo.

unsure.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macgeek417 said:
...but yet KH doesn't have all that good of GFX. I personally think Echoes of Time and Soma Bringer have better graphics.
Some Bringer is mostly 2D. The environments are simple 2D flat backgrounds, similar to Suikoden Tierkreis or the PS1 Final Fantasy games. The characters are the only 3D objects in the game

Echoes of Time is pretty yes, but it's mostly an overhead game. This can cut down on processing graphics at times. It also suffered some annoying lag when too many characters were onscreen at once.

Kingdom Hearts however, was a full 3D game. Epic in terms of level scope. There was no draw distance either, you can see as far as your eyes (or the tiny screen) allows you. The neverland levels was particularly impressive in this respect. The game is a lot more dynamic and far longer as well. Animations were better, and characters seem to have more polygons. More characters could be onscreen at once with no lag at all. There was just a lot more going onscreen at once.

Back to the topic- I'm in no doubt that the DS could indeed produce a fully 3D experience with gameplay comparable to a PS2 game. I'm just skeptical as to whether developers would take the time to TRY. Too often, the game never ends up pushing the DS. At any rate, we all know the images we have are fake, not hard to tell that. DS could never output that caliber of graphical quality. However, i'm not going to knock what Tbone182a told us, yet. It'll be out quite soon if the dates are correct. If he's wrong, he'll just look like a monumental moron.
tongue.gif
As of now, i'm willing to believe him. I've seen some truly impressive 3D games on DS that people have passed up (Meet the Robinsons, Tak Great Juju Challenge, Crash of the Titans). We'll see soon enough.

At any rate, this is a perfectly fine topic for discussing the game. It isn't hurting anyone, and it's better than most topics we see on a day to day basis. I actually thought i was the only one who was interested in this game. I guess not.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I realize that Soma Bringer is mostly 2D.
Why would you need the background to be any more than 2D? It's just that... a background.
I was referring to how high *I* percieved the graphics quality, not the actual ploygon count or anything.
And I prefer the EoT/Soma Bringer style cameras.
I was just saying that my eyes percieved Soma Bringer and EoT/RoF as having higher-quality graphics. During most of the game on EoT/RoF, i don't see pixelation like in KH. The only time there is pixelation in Soma Bringer is when it is zoomed.
smile.gif

tombot

Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
Might help load more enemies on screen, but better graphics is unlikely.

I thought Phantasy Star Zero had pretty great 3D. Especially characters and enemies.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of DS games that are 3D and look amazing-

Phantasy Star 0
Kingdom Hearts DS
Tak Great Juju Challenge
Crash of the Titans
Meet the Robinsons
COP the Recruit
Kaiju Busters
Element Hunters
Mario 64 DS

There are a lot more than that. Most are just unknown to people. And I assure you it won't be DSi only. They'd have hyped it up if that were the case. It was announced at E3 as DS, not DSi. As it is, not DSi-only game has managed to come even CLOSE to the normal DS' graphical fidelity. It's actually kind of pathetic since no game has taken advantage of the extra hardware yet...

tombot

Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
It's actually kind of pathetic since no game has taken advantage of the extra hardware yet...

Boy do we know it. DSiware's quality is pretty poor right now, and there's virtually nothing DSi specific as far as retail games go. I'm concerned that the release is so close and there's not one actual screenshot shown (that we know of for sure)/trailers/anything. All this tease reminds me of C.O.R.E., and that ended up being a let-down.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to over-post so much here. But it should be noted that this game was supposed to be released last year, November I believe, in Europe. It never came out from the looks of it. And i've yet to see any ads, screens, or basically ANYTHING about this game so far. There's a very good chance it isn't coming out now, or possibly at all. Maybe they canceled it. Or maybe it's been delayed for a while...

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is obvious to me those screenshot are from PS2. The mapping location of the player is on the screen, wouldn't a typical ds game have them displayed at the botton screen and have the gameplay at the top screen? hmmmm :/

EDIT: I just checked those screenshots were shown in the June E3 2009, why'd nintendo put up false images, not sure what to believe now, those graphics seem far too good for the ds, the release date is set for 26 January 2010 stated on IGN, it was originally meant to be released on 30th Oct 2009, suppose it got delayed.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
There are plenty of DS games that are 3D and look amazing-

Phantasy Star 0
Kingdom Hearts DS
Tak Great Juju Challenge
Crash of the Titans
Meet the Robinsons
COP the Recruit
Kaiju Busters
Element Hunters
Mario 64 DS

moogle.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but COP did look amazing. It wasn't a good game, but it LOOKED incredible. It ran at a constant 60 frames per second, the city was ENORMOUS, the city was populated with a huge number of high polygon citizens walking around in real time (literally, i've never seen a DS games hold more than a dozen people onscreen at once without lag, but there are huge crowds here), there were a lot of cars riding around, the the city just looked really good. Lots of nice detail going on, and lots going on in general. I never dropped a frame with all the impressive 3D going on.

I won't give it any credit for its gameplay, but the 3D engine is amazing. I can't imagine how anyone could deny that. In terms of technical achievement, it's one of the most impressive DS games. Find me another DS game that has as much detail and 3D work going on at once and then we'll talk. GTA doesn't count with its overhead camera, not very crowded population, jerky framerate, etc.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Sorry, but COP did look amazing. It wasn't a good game, but it LOOKED incredible. It ran at a constant 60 frames per second, the city was ENORMOUS, the city was populated with a huge number of high polygon citizens walking around in real time (literally, i've never seen a DS games hold more than a dozen people onscreen at once without lag, but there are huge crowds here), there were a lot of cars riding around, the the city just looked really good. Lots of nice detail going on, and lots going on in general. I never dropped a frame with all the impressive 3D going on.

I won't give it any credit for its gameplay, but the 3D engine is amazing. I can't imagine how anyone could deny that. In terms of technical achievement, it's one of the most impressive DS games. Find me another DS game that has as much detail and 3D work going on at once and then we'll talk. GTA doesn't count with its overhead camera, not very crowded population, jerky framerate, etc.

True. It DID have good graphics that I like. I like games that includes violence and cars that you can use to drive anywhere you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.