Gaming Legend of kay

Olyfes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i looked at gamespot for upcoming game's for the ds this month , i saw a game called the legend of kay for the ds .. When i looked at the screenshot's i through WTF ? These graphics on a ds
wtf.gif
. I neam , the ds is blocky ..
Here are some screenshots'about the game

960397_20090604_790screen001.jpg

960397_20090604_790screen002.jpg

960397_20090604_790screen003.jpg

960397_20090604_790screen004.jpg

960397_20090604_790screen005.jpg

. But i don't think because i getted the screenshot of these site

I will just wait , and play the game and see , but these graphics beat all the ds games by grafhics , even K/h and Cop ...
tongue.gif
rofl2.gif
smileipb2.png

It's coming Jan 25, 2010 for the ds

Olyfes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depravo said:
I suspect those screenshots are from the original PS2 version.

Yeah , really ?

Posts merged

I'm still thinking it's for the DS , look at the 2nd screenshot at the tree , you still see some pixels , maybe it's only for the DSI LL , that would suck ...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that's definately from the PS2 version.
the DS can't output such smooth 3D in an action game, not at that resolution either.

and just so you know, the new DSi coming soon is just an enlarged DSi.
it won't draw any more pixels that any previous DS can.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blackdragonbahamut said:
pure postcount-posting:. it's obvious that this screenshots aren't from an ds version

I wouldn't accuse him for that. This thread can also be a general game discussion about a relatively unheard of but somewhat promising game. If he was post mongering he could just do what Hatsu does
smileipb2.png

Olyfes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six

Every site has the same screenshot's as Gamespot has , maybe it's true , maybe we realy get these graphics on the ds
smileipb2.png
We have just wait till 25jan and then we see wich game we have ,,

Olyfes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, if anyone wants to compare, these are the PS2 Legend of Kay screenies. I didn't comb over them thoroughly enough to see if the supposed DS ones were just PS2 screenies, though.
It's the same as the ds , well it kind of wierd , i'm searching for a trailer
rofl2.gif
of this game maybe i can find one ... But the game looks pretty interesting .

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DS (XL) doesn't have enough pixels to produce graphics of that resolution.

Wierd that it's on all those sites though. For some reason this game reminds me of Kao the Kangaroo >< but hopefully better.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- Those screens are taken directly from the ps2 version. They aren't in DS resolution and the DS cannot under any circumstance reproduce textures that crisp or characters with as high polygon count. 100% impossible for the DS to have those graphics. We've already seen the DS being pushed, it can't be pushed this far.

2- IGN had the audacity to actually RESIZE the images to DS resolution. Further false advertising. All other sites have it in normal DS resolution.

3- The DSi and the DSi XL do not have a different resolution than normal DS. The individual pixels are larger. Still is 256x192 as any other DS. In other words, there's no difference and it has no visual screen improvement besides blowing the entire screen up a little.

4- I doubt this game will come out when it is scheduled to. It was supposed to come out in Europe several months ago, never did. If this is even in development, i don't expect it to show up when it's supposed to. We'll see though.

5- There's no proof the game is even in 3D. It might be a 2D reworking or even some crappy minigame collection based on themes of the PS2 game. Who knows? You can be assured that at this time, absolutely NOTHING is known about the DS version, including gameplay or visuals. It might not even be the same game, but a sequel. I do not believe the same people are developing it as the ps2 version either.

6- Judging from the bottom screen of this shot, it looks like it may actually be 2D or something-

the-legend-of-kay-20090603020747323_640w.jpg

Still can't really say at this time.

Olyfes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well then i argee with granville ; it seems this game allready released in the Netherlands , that's a dutch shop site where you could buy stuff .
Wel this game still .
I'l found a treat on gamespot about the game ... The best graphics out of ds were C.O.P . The ds couldn't really get these graphics from the screenshot's
blink.gif
We wait till 25 jan and then see what we get ...
And good to now about the new Dsi , didn't now
nyanya.gif

Olyfes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
granville said:
1- Those screens are taken directly from the ps2 version. They aren't in DS resolution and the DS cannot under any circumstance reproduce textures that crisp or characters with as high polygon count. 100% impossible for the DS to have those graphics. We've already seen the DS being pushed, it can't be pushed this far.

2- IGN had the audacity to actually RESIZE the images to DS resolution. Further false advertising. All other sites have it in normal DS resolution.

3- The DSi and the DSi XL do not have a different resolution than normal DS. The individual pixels are larger. Still is 256x192 as any other DS. In other words, there's no difference and it has no visual screen improvement besides blowing the entire screen up a little.

4- I doubt this game will come out when it is scheduled to. It was supposed to come out in Europe several months ago, never did. If this is even in development, i don't expect it to show up when it's supposed to. We'll see though.

5- There's no proof the game is even in 3D. It might be a 2D reworking or even some crappy minigame collection based on themes of the PS2 game. Who knows? You can be assured that at this time, absolutely NOTHING is known about the DS version, including gameplay or visuals. It might not even be the same game, but a sequel. I do not believe the same people are developing it as the ps2 version either.

6- Judging from the bottom screen of this shot, it looks like it may actually be 2D or something-

Still can't really say at this time.
Look at that smal map thing , if you can see you see it looks like a +, so im not sure it's 2D. I'm really thinking the game will get a Animal crossing / School of wizardy database .

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
the DS can't output such smooth 3D in an action game, not at that resolution either.

One of the Naruto games for the DS has graphics that are as good (or appear to be) as the Clash of Ninja games on the Gamecube and Wii, so it's definitely possible.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
thedicemaster said:

One of the Naruto games for the DS has graphics that are as good (or appear to be) as the Clash of Ninja games on the Gamecube and Wii, so it's definitely possible.

Wasn't it Naruto Ninja Destiny and Naruto Ninja Destiny 2?

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Source:http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14351632/the-legend-of-kay/images/the-legend-of-kay-20090603020747323.html

End of story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2