cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
GreatFox said:
CreX said:
What kind of games are they? RPG with over world and random turn based battles?

No.
Ys' are action RPG's. Next time, use Google or YouTube

Why? Is discussion no longer acceptable in a discussion board?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I look forward to tinkering with the games. I never really got a chance to play through much of either game, and I know a few of my friends have always spoken highly of them.

Kinda crazy how the DS was once almost totally barren of RPGs, and now it's the system for the genre.
Only reason that I bought a DS in the first place! Bought it with Etrian Odyssey which was the game that finally convinced me to grab a DS Lite after putting up with the crap original GBA. (The idiot who thought that it'd be neato-keen to release that w/o a backlight has, hopefully, already been shot!)

I suppose that the PSP would be no slouch as well, if you include all of the old PSX RPGs... Still toying with the idea of buying one, or just picking up an nVidia ION based netbook later in the year and run one of the emulators on it. (ION is probably going to win, based on general usefulness/value, $300-400 v. c. $200 but can do everything that the PSP can and a great deal more...)

My only experience with Ys to date is the SNES Ys game, Wanderers from Ys IIRC. It was a side scrolling pseudo-platform type of thing, almost entirely devoid an vestigial RPG elements. I've been told elsewhere here before that I & II are closer to actual RPGs. (I did love the end music for the SNES game... one of the best that I can recall on the SNES, I wonder if my old save batt is still alive... should check one of these days...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire