Tutorial  Updated

Football Manager 2024 Touch (Real-Names/Licence Fix)

Football-Manager-2024-Touch.webp

So, after spending the last few years being throughly disappointed at the lack of a packaged editor with the Football Manager Touch releases; I’ve finally worked out how to apply fan-made patches to the latest Nintendo Switch release.. :yayswitch:

FM24 Real Names Corrected​

• All playable clubs names from all continents
  • All major leagues names
  • All non-playable Europe Top Leagues club names
  • Almost all minor leagues names
  • All Continental, National and National Cups names
  • Continental awards
  • Some stadium names

A quick shout-out to the teams at DBI for allowing me to easily deep-dive into the games file structure, FMSCOUT for the LNC change files & Atmosphere for the beastly protocol, LayeredFS.! I couldn’t have done it without you.! :bow::grog:

Please note, the following prerequisites are required:

i) Nintendo Switch running Atmosphere CFW
ii) Football Manager Touch 2024 Installation

To install Real-Name/Licence fixes:

i) Download the attached LayeredFS package & extract ZIP contents n.b. 01008B101B87A000.zip
n.b. if you're using a different region game release, change the name of the extracted folder to match your game ID

ii) Copy the gameID folder package to switch:\atmosphere\contents\
iii) Launch game & enjoy.!

To confirm that the name-changes are being applied; start a new game & select the Italian league when at team-selection, if Napoli/Roma are listed, the game is being patched.! Also, you should see Man Utd name-listed within the Premier League..

Next task, trying to apply Logo/Face packs into the game, i'll update the thread when I get this working... :yay:

***Remember of the issues posed by transferring large number of files & your MicroSD's file system i.e FAT32/exFAT, clustering-size, capacity/size issues when tranferring from NTFS*** :teach:

*EDIT*
After some more investigation on the games file-structure, some work will need to be done with images to re-structure them correctly, a number of simple methods i've tried have been causing fatal Atmosphere errors. I'm currently in the process of dumping the games contents to SD, I'll see what I can do...! :rolleyes:

Useful Sources:

Atmosphere Releases Github
https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm24-real-names-license-fix.html
Reddit: Real Name Fix, Icons, Logos for FM Touch 24

Attachments

• 01008B101B87A000.zip
    98.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by CymraegAce,

CymraegAce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Love you for this!! If you are able to import regens face packs, please let me know!
No problem; it’s just not the same game with all the licence changes.! Sadly, i’m not sure regen face packs will be possible due to their use of *FMF files & our lack of an interface to editor files.. :sleep:

I’m still struggling with team/competition logos due to the Switch-specific file structuring, once I crack the logic behind that, I’ll move on to face packs.. :ph34r:
Post automatically merged:

Some small success this morning, at minimum, a PoC that it's possible to patch new images into the game.. :toot:

This updated FM24 Touch LayeredFS upload includes face-pack changes to the Man City team; used due to the already provided folder-structure precedent within the installation dump. Next step, add new player/team images... B-)

Attachments

• 01008B101B87A000 inc Man City Players.zip
    1,011 KB · Views: 22

Blackdeath1899

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How are you guys able to play Football Manager? Mine doesn't open, it just gives me an error :(
i've the same problem and have no idea to fix it

Firmware 17.0.1 is installed.

I've get alway the error "the software was closed because an error occurred"
FM24 is not starting with update 1.0.1 or 1.0.3.

Edit: Okay, i've fixed my problem.
The solution is flightmode on :D

Last edited by Blackdeath1899,
Reactions: CymraegAce

CymraegAce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It appears that adding new images, as apposed to replacing provided ones, is going to be harder then I’d hoped. I’m having issues getting the game to pick up newly created XML files and/or additions to current ones.. Ugh..

*EDIT*

After doing some playthrough testing with an AC Milan career, the replacement Man City player images are displaying/scaling correctly when shown within the news inbox, which is good news. Although, what's now confusing me is that there are face-images being shown for Paris Saint-Germain FC players & I can't seem to locate where theses are being stored/picked up from. As in, there is no folder precedent for any PSG players.. Umm.. Also, Harry Kane, I can find no sign of his image within the installation, yet, it's displayed.. *confused*

Although, after diving through most of the games structure/XMLs I have found a few interesting things, most notably:

- special folders.xml, within romfs, listing paths that should be treated as locations for resource manager to load assets from;
- DLC folder, within data/game, containing a test folder /w blank face images for Portsmouth;
- game_settings_meta_data.xml, within data/game/settings, containing a Show IGE (In Game Editor) routine;
- store.xml, within data/game/services, containing unlockable values/responses;

There’s also tons of other interesting game simulation XMLs, within data/game_simulation, which could be edited to alter match playing parameters.! if that was something you wanted to do..

If anyone wants to help speed things up, work with me on this, drop me a message.! 🫡👍🏻

Wawan_567

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hallo brother, any updates?
Or can we donate for your work?
Post automatically merged:

Hallo brother, any updates?
Or can we donate for your work?

Lildiabetic

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, I couldn't input these applications to my nintendo switch game, can you make a image tutorial or video showing the steps?

Forenzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nothing new in regards to logos, unfortunately; the recent app/database update does however mean I need to push a change to the licence pack for it to work with new games started using the most recent Db..

I’ll upload it in the next couple of days..
any update info?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto