Left 4 Dead 2 Sells 2 Million In 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by luke_c, Dec 1, 2009.

Dec 1, 2009
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Source.

Not surprised really, still think the game is over-hyped though.

2. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    It is. But it is still pretty fun.

3. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    When I played the first L4D it was awesome and I even played it all day long it when I got for Christmas. After a while it does get stale and boring each time you try to play it. L4D2 is just nothing but new maps, weapons, and even new enemies; for 49.99 a pop I will rather just wait for the price to go down. Sucks for the people who bought SF4 for the Xbox360/PS3 while the Super Street Fighter 4 is coming out next year.

4. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    For me, that's disheartening news. I absolutely loved the first game, but Valve never truly lived up to their word with respect to support for the game. The last-minute attempts made to satisfy fans before the release of the sequel just wasn't enough for me. This type of support just reaffirms that they can pretty much bend people over, frisk them for $60, and then walk off without so much as a kiss...actually, that's not entirely true. Newell gave many kisses out to fans, but that was only before he gave them a good schtooking. [​IMG]

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    The first one was awesome. I mean... Bill? He's awesome. And Louis and his PILLZ addiction? And Francis, that hates everything?

Every character was awesome (maybe except Zoey), but I can't find anything special in the L4D2 guys. Dunno, but I'm probably gonna continue playing L4D1. I mean, I LOVE playing as Bill [​IMG]

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    L4D2 = Most hyped and rushed game on the year.

I really didn't see anything new, ok melee weapons, new zombies, other than that nothing that stands out. Should have included some other things that stand out.

7. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I can think of 6 other games with a certain 'Hero' in the title released just this year that were more hyped and even more rushed that L4D 2.

At least Left 4 Dead isn't a cash cow... yet [​IMG]

8. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    True True. But this one stands out the most, at least the others didn't give me that feeling of being let down as much as L4D2 did.

9. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    how many did modern warfare 2 sell (i know the monetary value was 3 billions dollars which is absolutely crazy)