OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_lf4d.jpg

Despite early concerns that it was too soon for a sequel, Left 4 Dead 2 has sold more than 2 million copies at retail, doubling the sales to date of the original game.

Gamers made noise when the sequel to last year's cooperative survival horror title was announced earlier this year, but the quick follow-up doesn't seem to have hurt Left 4 Dead 2's sales figures. More than 2 million copies of the PC and Xbox 360 versions have sold at retail, a figure that doesn't even take Steam purchases into account. That's great news for Valve, who in turn have more great news on the way.

"Left 4 Dead 2 is off to a great start with strong support at retail and great reviews from the press," said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing at Valve. "Meanwhile the title has already been played by over 1 million Xbox LIVE Gold account holders, and news regarding L4D2 DLC 1 is coming very soon."

I'd urge our readers to keep their eyes on Kotaku for said DLC news, but that's no way to survive the zombie apocalypse.
Source.

Not surprised really, still think the game is over-hyped though.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sterl500 said:
It is. But it is still pretty fun.

When I played the first L4D it was awesome and I even played it all day long it when I got for Christmas. After a while it does get stale and boring each time you try to play it. L4D2 is just nothing but new maps, weapons, and even new enemies; for 49.99 a pop I will rather just wait for the price to go down. Sucks for the people who bought SF4 for the Xbox360/PS3 while the Super Street Fighter 4 is coming out next year.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, that's disheartening news. I absolutely loved the first game, but Valve never truly lived up to their word with respect to support for the game. The last-minute attempts made to satisfy fans before the release of the sequel just wasn't enough for me. This type of support just reaffirms that they can pretty much bend people over, frisk them for $60, and then walk off without so much as a kiss...actually, that's not entirely true. Newell gave many kisses out to fans, but that was only before he gave them a good schtooking.
blink.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The first one was awesome. I mean... Bill? He's awesome. And Louis and his PILLZ addiction? And Francis, that hates everything?

Every character was awesome (maybe except Zoey), but I can't find anything special in the L4D2 guys. Dunno, but I'm probably gonna continue playing L4D1. I mean, I LOVE playing as Bill
yaypsp.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
L4D2 = Most hyped and rushed game on the year.

I really didn't see anything new, ok melee weapons, new zombies, other than that nothing that stands out. Should have included some other things that stand out.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Maz7006 said:
L4D2 = Most hyped and rushed game on the year.

I can think of 6 other games with a certain 'Hero' in the title released just this year that were more hyped and even more rushed that L4D 2.

At least Left 4 Dead isn't a cash cow... yet
tongue.gif

True True. But this one stands out the most, at least the others didn't give me that feeling of being let down as much as L4D2 did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end