League of Legends Has 27 Million Daily Players

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still dislike how slow champions move compared to dota heros though. Lol feels slow compared to dota 2.

The farming phase of LoL takes so damn long. I really hate watching/playing LoL because it takes so long for anything to really happen
DOTA2, my personal pick of MOBA, always has exciting things happening. Rune ganks, smoke ganks, things like an Io teleport gank, etc. It's also much easier to see who actually is playing well.
LoL also has waay to much HP on everyone, causing things to be so ineffective.
But the most annoying thing about LoL to me is the lack of spell feedback. You don't really feel the spells hit, or visually sense the effects of anything. It's just way too flashy.
SC2 is still my favorite eSport, both to watch and play.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LoL requires more skill than Smite. The only thing hard about smite is their weird controls.

It would be actually impossible for LoL to be more difficult than Smite, sorry.
When I went to LoL I was actually laughing at how pathetic it was to play, it was way too easy. I was rocking the enemy team and I was definitely building like an absolute derp because I wasn't familiar with the items. Obviously I was in noob-zone, but it's easy to tell when you play that nothing in the game itself requires skill, it's all knowledge. Hitting with skills is simple. Characters with supposed "skillshots" are a joke, considering the simplest Smite abilities are harder to hit with than LoL skillshots.
The perspective changes everything, and the fact you're also stuck to your character and therefore reliant on your team for certain info also makes the game a better team game. It also allows for real ganks and not this retarded "hide in tall grass" shit.
and someone mentioned LoL is slow. A-freaking-men to that.

LoL has more characters, and that's about all it really has going for it.
Oldschool mechanics wise, DOTA2 stomps LoL. Everything feels so much better in DOTA2. (edit: though actually I like that you can have the camera stuck to you in LoL, I can't stand moving it myself and DOTA2's is very volatile in stuck mode)
Overall Smite is still the champ. It's obviously not the best and it's still changing, but the fact Hi-Rez are meticulously shaping Smite to be a proper game shows a strong dedication to their game that clearly shows why it's the only other popular MOBA out there that isn't LoL or DOTA. It requires vastly more skill to actually play well and you can really feel immersed in what is going on as opposed to LoL or DOTA where I feel so detached from the action thanks to the perspective and control scheme.

Also playing as gods > champions or whatever the heck LoL calls them.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
the potential for creating a successful and profitable gaming business is so high these days that sometimes you feel purely business sw do not bring as much revenue as games do.

then again there are these games that are just going on and on.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I went to LoL I was actually laughing at how pathetic it was to play, it was way too easy. I was rocking the enemy team and I was definitely building like an absolute derp because I wasn't familiar with the items. Obviously I was in noob-zone, but it's easy to tell when you play that nothing in the game itself requires skill, it's all knowledge. Hitting with skills is simple. Characters with supposed "skillshots" are a joke, considering the simplest Smite abilities are harder to hit with than LoL skillshots.
The perspective changes everything, and the fact you're also stuck to your character and therefore reliant on your team for certain info also makes the game a better team game. It also allows for real ganks and not this retarded "hide in tall grass" shit.
and someone mentioned LoL is slow. A-freaking-men to that.

LoL has more characters, and that's about all it really has going for it.
Oldschool mechanics wise, DOTA2 stomps LoL. Everything feels so much better in DOTA2. (edit: though actually I like that you can have the camera stuck to you in LoL, I can't stand moving it myself and DOTA2's is very volatile in stuck mode)
Overall Smite is still the champ. It's obviously not the best and it's still changing, but the fact Hi-Rez are meticulously shaping Smite to be a proper game shows a strong dedication to their game that clearly shows why it's the only other popular MOBA out there that isn't LoL or DOTA. It requires vastly more skill to actually play well and you can really feel immersed in what is going on as opposed to LoL or DOTA where I feel so detached from the action thanks to the perspective and control scheme.

Also playing as gods > champions or whatever the heck LoL calls them.

You haven't once explained what the skill in smite is
Also, I agree the basics of LoL are well, basic. But i'm sure you never got to the level where you had to apply real technicalities. (Counterpicks, last hitting, lane swaps, fast pushing...etc)
And lol, that blue dragon in smite has the single easiest skill shot of an overpowered ultimate i've ever seen.
LoL is a dota clone, so if Dota/smite was so much better they'd be the one at the top of the most viewed game list on twitch everyday, they'd be the one with 27 million daily players, they'd be the games that are recognised as a sport and revolutionizing the field of e-sports.
You cant play like 4 games at the lowest level and say LoL requires no skill, that holds as much weight as me talking about smite, nothing. Which is why I dont.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
When I went to LoL I was actually laughing at how pathetic it was to play, it was way too easy. I was rocking the enemy team and I was definitely building like an absolute derp because I wasn't familiar with the items. Obviously I was in noob-zone, but it's easy to tell when you play that nothing in the game itself requires skill, it's all knowledge.
not really, what good is knowledge if you cannot perform the action well. in playdota forums when changelogs come out there are theories that are made but later on it is proven to be only good on paper.

preference, smite is more on fps/tps and dota and lol are more rts. you play them differently. dota was made from warcraft 3 after all.
though having to rely on teammates for info sure helps to promote team play. but i doubt it'll happen to dota/lol. because while playing, you also have to read the whole game and predict what will happen and act accordingly. don't just stick to the guides and core items. it still has rts mechanics only way fewer units and some uncontrollable units but can be manipulated.

dunno about lol but action in dota 2 is a lot in a good game. maybe just your preference.

also, I doubt Smite team is more dedicated than Icefrog when he developed wc3 dota and the effort he does in balancing the game w/o wanting anything in return.
Instead of just a small map mod, he dedicated his time in improving the mod that it got popular in some places with tournaments and competetions even riot saw how awesome the genre is and is now making lots of money from it.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and then theres me, who still can't grasp the concept of how people find this game so fun.
I mean I'll play it every now and then, but playing more than 2 games at once is too much, it just gets to repetitive, and it gets boring

This is kind of confusing me. is it 27m unique or just on and off players?
If unique, how does that equal to 67m? If not, why did they word it like this?
It goes from 27m non-unique to 67m unique without changing the wording?
it means that there are about 67m unique players, about 27m of them play the game daily, and that at the peak of the day there are about 7,5m players logged on

not really, what good is knowledge if you cannot perform the action well. in playdota forums when changelogs come out there are theories that are made but later on it is proven to be only good on paper.

preference, smite is more on fps/tps and dota and lol are more rts. you play them differently. dota was made from warcraft 3 after all.
though having to rely on teammates for info sure helps to promote team play. but i doubt it'll happen to dota/lol. because while playing, you also have to read the whole game and predict what will happen and act accordingly. don't just stick to the guides and core items. it still has rts mechanics only way fewer units and some uncontrollable units but can be manipulated.

dunno about lol but action in dota 2 is a lot in a good game. maybe just your preference.

also, I doubt Smite team is more dedicated than Icefrog when he developed wc3 dota and the effort he does in balancing the game w/o wanting anything in return.
Instead of just a small map mod, he dedicated his time in improving the mod that it got popular in some places with tournaments and competetions even riot saw how awesome the genre is and is now making lots of money from it.
you do know that icefrog didnt developed dota?

icefrog got involved in dota after guinsoo stopped supporting and updating the mod, about version 6.0.1~

guinsoo then went to work in a another game, called league of legends for a company named riot... the more you know...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it means that there are about 67m unique players, about 27m of them play the game daily, and that at the peak of the day there are about 7,5m players logged on

you do know that icefrog didnt developed dota?

icefrog got involved in dota after guinsoo stopped supporting and updating the mod, about version 6.0.1~

guinsoo then went to work in a another game, called league of legends for a company named riot... the more you know...
Aha, that explains the Guinsoo's Rageblade of course. A lot of the founders of Riot have items or even champions named after them, pretty cool thing ;)

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It becomes boring if you play the same hero/champion. that's why in dota i almost always -random or when I don't, I rarely play the same hero twice in a row and never thrice.

I still dislike how slow champions move compared to dota heros though. Lol feels slow compared to dota 2.

I like dota more but nobody plays. Everyone plays LoL and its so much worse playing alone

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MOBA.Dota.ARTS.jpg

Moar on MOBA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users