Homebrew WIP LayeredFS is it down or up on your CFW?

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since layeredFS seems to be an issues that Switches cross CFW's seem to encounter this is an initial post that will be modified once a week/monthly based on user input.
I hope this will get a sticky (or moved and then stickied).

Right now this is just a post, I want to turn this into a working and not working post (this will be edited) so users can be educated about the current status of their CFW and LayeredFS support.

Please post your Sysnand version, Emunand version, CFW type and version, model (v1 (pre-patched, v1 patched, v2, and Switch Lite), and the current status of LayeredFS.

Currently I only have a few posts to go on so please post statuses!

Current status edited (10/02/2020 or 02/10/2020 for EU users).

SX OS

CFW:
Sysnand 10.1.0 Emunand 10.1.0 LyaredFS Stable and 3.0.5b status Working (v1 Romfs)
Sysnand 10.1.0 Emunand 10.2,0 LayeredFS Stable and 3.05b status Working V(1 Romfs)
Sysnand 10.2.0, Emunand 10.2.0, LayeredFS Stable and 3.0.5b status Working V(1 Romfs)

Chipped:
Sysnand 10.1.0 Emunand 10.1.0 LyaredFS 3.0.4-3.0.5b status Not Working (Patched, V2, Lite Romfs)
Sysnand 10.1.0 Emunand 10.2,0 LayeredFS 3.0.4-3.0.5b status Not Working (Patched, V2, Lite Romfs)
Sysnand 10.2.0, Emunand 10.2.0, LayeredFS 3.0.4-3.0.5b status Not Working Patched, V2, Lite Romfs)

Atmosphere:
Working on all firmware and models

Hekate:
Working on all firmware and models

For now this is based on personal experience and a few posts. Please add your reports so I can make a proper list of this,
It will be updated once a week at most! unless some special patch gets released.

Last edited by TheMadHatter,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From what I know layeredfs is working on modchips, but only for main TitleIDs. It doesn't work for subTitleIDs.
So for example
0109000000045000 - working
0109000000045001 - not working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And you should provide what SX OS versions you have tested. Dunno why You're providing some weird combinations like "sysnand 10.1.0 / emunand 10.2.0". Just make it for emunand and sysnand separately.

Last edited by masagrator,

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From what I know layeredfs is working on modchips, but only for main TitleIDs. It doesn't work for subTitleIDs.
So for example
0109000000045000 - working
0109000000045001 - not working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And you should provide what SX OS versions you have tested. Dunno why You're providing some weird combinations like "sysnand 10.1.0 / emunand 10.2.0". Just make it for emunand and sysnand separately.

Sorry initial post, it was just scribble so feedback is welcome and I forgot the SX OS versions.

from my experience none of the Chip versions are working which do work on SX OS CFW (non chipped), examples of popular titles, Zelda BOTW (US, EU and Japan), Pokemon Sword/Shield (EU, US (JP not tested), Atelier Ryza (EU/US not working) and so on (I don't know the from the top of my head, i'll have to dig into that manually).

Also Emunand and Sysnand are shown separately right? Sysnand version / Emunand version. Or do you have a better idea for the structure?

Which reminds me I also have to add RomFS and the other one? don't use it personally.

If people are willing to provide titleid's that aren't working it would make it even easier to confirm if a game will, or will not, work.

The more detail the better.

Last edited by TheMadHatter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge