Can't boot OFW or CFW

digipimp75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a trinket-modded Erista Switch (v1), and it was working fine until yesterday. The sysnand is on 10.2.0 and I have dual emunands, one for SXOS and one for AMS. I went to turn it on yesterday and the battery was completely drained because it had been in sleep mode for a while. I charged it up, and the system powers on fine but will not boot stock fw on sysnand, nor will it boot SX OS or AMS on emunand! The Nintendo logo appears, then I get a black screen... never see the Switch logo.

As I said, it charges and powers on fine so the M92T36 chip is ok. I even checked for shorts on the caps around that chip, but all is well. I also disabled the trinket chip and tried to boot stock, but same issue. Any ideas on what could possibly be wrong here? I posted this in the hardware section because I wasn't sure if this was hardware or software related.

EDIT: It's working now. All I did was clean the area around the M92T36 chip with some isopropyl. Maybe there was a loose solder blob rolling around in there, and was shorting something out? In any event, it seems ok and I'm able to boot sysnand and emunand. Mods, please close this thread for now.

EDIT2: Happening again. UGHHH. Still looking for answers. Can't boot stock fw on sysnand or cfw on emunand. I see the Nintendo logo, then black screen.

Last edited by digipimp75,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Can you boot it without the SD card into OFW?
OFW won't boot beyond the Nintendo logo in case the fuse count is incorrect.

Does the led of the trinket indicate if it is working?
Maybe disable the trinket and try a PC to inject the payload?

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had this issue with one of my switches, had to endup re-flashing the trinket file, because the switch had been dead for a few days, I guess the battery for the trinket also ran out and it got reset.

digipimp75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you boot it without the SD card into OFW?
OFW won't boot beyond the Nintendo logo in case the fuse count is incorrect.

Does the led of the trinket indicate if it is working?
Maybe disable the trinket and try a PC to inject the payload?
Yeah I tried removing the SD card as well, but same issue. The trinket leds light up normally, so power is definitely being supplied. I desoldered the 3v and gnd wires to disable the trinket and tried again, but the issue persisted.
i had this issue with one of my switches, had to endup re-flashing the trinket file, because the switch had been dead for a few days, I guess the battery for the trinket also ran out and it got reset.
I did reflash the trinket while I had the system open, because I was running an old version of the UF2 files.

Thanks for the replies! I'm thinking either something is up with the trinket chip itself, the wiring, or one of the components around the M92T36 chip. I bought this system second hand about 7 months ago, and it originally had no power. The seller tried to install a chip but failed, and he knocked a few capacitors off the board. It was an easy fix since there were no ripped pads or traces, and all I had to do was replace the missing components. The system has been working great ever since this week, so who knows.

Right now it's working again, and I'm currently on the Atmosphere emunand. But if I power down and try to switch to either stock or SXOS, that's when the problem occurs. I'll just stay in Atmosphere for now, and will mess with it over the holidays. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+