Status
Not open for further replies.

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You know I tried making my custom picture appear while booting, but nothing.
I added this:
customlogo=1
logopath=/bootlogo.bmp
under this:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100
customlogo=1
logopath=/bootlogo.bmp

What's the problem?

I added the logo path under my cfw boot entry line (without customlogo=1 line) instead of under the [config] just like below,
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Hekate AMS (EmuMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp (*without the slash and your bootlogo.bmp has to be place in bootloader folder in order to make it work)
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

Last edited by raytan168,

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Sigpatch Installer: Needs to be updated.

How are you getting on with this? My niece will be using the switch over the weekend and I wanted to give her easy instructions on what to do as I’m away
I hate being that guy chasing you haha

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
likewise, wondering why the loader.kip was deprecated as some games won't launch without it
Everyone having problems doesn't have the latest patches.ini and/or Hekate version. The ability to patch loader was included with hekate 5.2.0

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FS/Acid and ES patches are working great for me in Hekate. Thanks to everyone involved
Did you do anything special, or just use the hekate .zip provided by Haruko?

Everyone having problems doesn't have the latest patches.ini and/or Hekate version. The ability to patch loader was included with hekate 5.2.0
Dude, I'm on 5.2.1 and I swear I've tried everything (including using the attached zips), and I can't get things working with hekate. I also tried to do hekate -> fusee-primary, and that just black screens, also seemingly no matter what I do.

I've also tried raugo's files with the above hekate -> fusee-primary, still black screen.

If anyone has any ideas as to what might be up, I'd appreciate any advice. :D

hekate_ipl.ini:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
backlight=100

[CFW (EmuMMC) FSS0]
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
kip1patch=nosigchk

[CFW (EmuMMC) FP]
payload=atmosphere/fusee-primary.bin
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

EDIT: Added my hekate_ipl.ini to show the entries I'm currently trying.

I have also tried both having and not having the deprecated loader.kip in sd:/atmosphere/kips

I have also tried the installer NRO.

Last edited by Mopquill,

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you do anything special, or just use the hekate .zip provided by Haruko?

Dude, I'm on 5.2.1 and I swear I've tried everything (including using the attached zips), and I can't get things working with hekate. I also tried to do hekate -> fusee-primary, and that just black screens, also seemingly no matter what I do.

I've also tried raugo's files with the above hekate -> fusee-primary, still black screen.

If anyone has any ideas as to what might be up, I'd appreciate any advice. :D

hekate_ipl.ini:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
backlight=100

[CFW (EmuMMC) FSS0]
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
kip1patch=nosigchk

[CFW (EmuMMC) FP]
payload=atmosphere/fusee-primary.bin
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

EDIT: Added my hekate_ipl.ini to show the entries I'm currently trying.

I have also tried both having and not having the deprecated loader.kip in sd:/atmosphere/kips
Anything else in Atmosphere/kips? Besides loader.kip.
Btw, if you're chainloading fusee-primary, emummcforce doesn't have any effect, and I think atmosphere=1 is for fss0 only as well, because if you're chainloading primary, primary does all of that (for example, booting EmuNAND if you have one, applying patches etc)

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything else in Atmosphere/kips? Besides loader.kip.
Btw, if you're chainloading fusee-primary, emummcforce doesn't have any effect, and I think atmosphere=1 is for fss0 only as well, because if you're chainloading primary, primary does all of that (for example, booting EmuNAND if you have one, applying patches etc)
No, nothing besides loader.kip inside of sd:/atmosphere/kips/.

Ah, good to know, I'll get rid of those.

EDIT: Yeah, even removing those two lines, I still get a black screen trying to start via hekate -> fusee-primary. Really, I'd like to be able to launch from hekate -> anything with patches; it's just a useful menu, and I have no idea why something that used to be a simple drag and drop has become so convoluted.

Last edited by Mopquill,

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, nothing besides loader.kip inside of sd:/atmosphere/kips/.

Ah, good to know, I'll get rid of those.

EDIT: Yeah, even removing those two lines, I still get a black screen trying to start via hekate -> fusee-primary. Really, I'd like to be able to launch from hekate -> anything with patches; it's just a useful menu, and I have no idea why something that used to be a simple drag and drop has become so convoluted.
And injecting fusee-primary directly works? If so, idk why because chainloading primary through hekate should be exactly the same, only guess I have is maybe it's an old fusee-primary version?

k3lv1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
mine on OFW 10.0.2 & 0.12 AMS, CFW sysnand, put-in a clean set (hekate5.2.1 & kosmos16.1) from sdsetup, some titles won't launch. Replaced ES/FS/ACID (manual pull from Haruko github), still same issue. Issue resolved after put-in Haruko's deprecated loader.kip and add kip1=atmosphere/kips/* in hekate_ipl.ini, guess i do not hv luck with it. Btw, now running hekate + vanilla AMS, so far so good.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And injecting fusee-primary directly works? If so, idk why because chainloading primary through hekate should be exactly the same, only guess I have is maybe it's an old fusee-primary version?
CRC: 51ADD8DF MD5: CC45CACB2348563A66C063C5CB3E1EF3 -- downloaded it fresh from Atmosphere-NX github, and it's in the atmosphere folder, as well as the bootloader folder.

And no, injecting fusee-primary directly also results in a black screen. This is OFW 10.0.2, Atmosphere 0.12.0, and Hekate 5.2.1, with the latest patches from HarukoNX. I have no idea what is up here.

mine on OFW 10.0.2 & 0.12 AMS, CFW sysnand, put-in a clean set (hekate5.2.1 & kosmos16.1) from sdsetup, some titles won't launch. Replaced ES/FS/ACID (manual pull from Haruko github), still same issue. Issue resolved after put-in Haruko's deprecated loader.kip and add kip1=atmosphere/kips/* in hekate_ipl.ini, guess i do not hv luck with it. Btw, now running hekate + vanilla AMS, so far so good.
I've tried that also (without kosmos), and also tried grabbing those patches, and putting in the loader.kip with that kip1 line.

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe it would be a good idea to change the name of this topic to show it is for Hekate/Kosmos. Based on this everybody could slowly adopt to using Hekate instead of Kosmos. In the end Kosmos packaged Hekate to our convenience.

Reactions: Mopquill

k3lv1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Reactions: mikifantastik98

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CRC: 51ADD8DF MD5: CC45CACB2348563A66C063C5CB3E1EF3 -- downloaded it fresh from Atmosphere-NX github, and it's in the atmosphere folder, as well as the bootloader folder.

And no, injecting fusee-primary directly also results in a black screen. This is OFW 10.0.2, Atmosphere 0.12.0, and Hekate 5.2.1, with the latest patches from HarukoNX. I have no idea what is up here.

I've tried that also (without kosmos), and also tried grabbing those patches, and putting in the loader.kip with that kip1 line.
If it blackscreens even after injecting directly, it has nothing to do with patches or hekate. I would try to make a clean install, delete Atmosphere and Sept folder and download the newest version. Maybe a sysmodule is not compatible or something.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it blackscreens even after injecting directly, it has nothing to do with patches or hekate. I would try to make a clean install, delete Atmosphere and Sept folder and download the newest version. Maybe a sysmodule is not compatible or something.
Well, okay, that is a good idea, and I'll be real critical of any sysmodules I still have left (I have them all labeled, so it shouldn't take long) but I don't get a black screen if I load through fss0:, and I still can't launch games that way, so it seems like something is up there.

Though if I figure out the sysmodule issue and patches work with hekate -> fusee-primary, I guess that renders it a moot point.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double posting on purpose: Okay, for the purposes of troubleshooting, I deleted sd:/atmosphere/ and sd:/sept/ outright, and didn't try putting in any sysmodules or patches. I'm injecting the above-mentioned fusee-primary distributed alongside Atmosphere 0.12.0 with TegraRcmGUI, and still getting a black screen. The only thing I can think of is maybe it doesn't like file-based emuMMC?

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Double posting on purpose: Okay, for the purposes of troubleshooting, I deleted sd:/atmosphere/ and sd:/sept/ outright, and didn't try putting in any sysmodules or patches. I'm injecting the above-mentioned fusee-primary distributed alongside Atmosphere 0.12.0 with TegraRcmGUI, and still getting a black screen. The only thing I can think of is maybe it doesn't like file-based emuMMC?
If I'm not mistaken it should boot sysmmc if it doesn't detect an emummc so that shouldn't be it. Maybe try a different sd card? I'm really out of ideas, if it isn't working completely stock, without modifications or anything I don't know why except for a dying sd card.

Last edited by tom2199,

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken it should boot sysmmc if it doesn't detect an emummc so that shouldn't be it. Maybe try a different sd card? I'm really out of ideas, if it isn't working completely stock, without modifications or anything I don't know why except for a dying sd card.
Fair enough. I appreciate your time and effort! I thought it might be kind of difficult since I wasn't figuring it out, haha. If I do end up solving things, I'll post back in here.

(Also, I already considered the SD card and tested it; it's perfectly fine; I may still try partition emuMMC instead of file-based just to test)

Last edited by Mopquill,

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fair enough. I appreciate your time and effort! I thought it might be kind of difficult since I wasn't figuring it out, haha. If I do end up solving things, I'll post back in here.

(Also, I already considered the SD card and tested it; it's perfectly fine; I may still try partition emuMMC instead of file-based just to test)
If you want to try, you can delete emummc.ini (back it up tho) to test if it's working at least in sysmmc. That should work 100% :D

Reactions: Mopquill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol