Hacking Language Files for WiiXplorer

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the language files agian. Thanks guys.

Little note:
This happened to hosigumayuugi and might happen to the other translators as well, so i want to say it here again.

When translating the keyboard buttons, there are special characters that need a prefix, otherwise they break the compile.

Known characters to me that need prefix right now are \ and ". You have to add the prefix \ before those characters. So those two would look like following:

\\ and \"

I corrected it in your file hosigumayuugi. Check if i didn't break anything with that please. As far as i tested, it looks the same as without the prefix.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dimok said:
[...]
When translating the keyboard buttons, there are special characters that need a prefix, otherwise they break the compile.

Known characters to me that need prefix right now are \ and ". You have to add the prefix \ before those characters. So those two would look like following:

\\ and \"
[...]

So, the string:

Code:
msgid "ASDFGHJKL:\"+"

should be translated

CODEmsgstr "ASDFGHJKL:\\\"+"

or I undestood wrong?

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiixale said:
So, the string:

Code:
msgid "ASDFGHJKL:\"+"

should be translated

Code:
msgstr "ASDFGHJKL:\\\"+"

or I undestood wrong?

That is exactly correct and i just notice i did a little mistake in the code. It will probably not work because it skips the second \ on loading and since you got 3 at once it will probably skip 2. I will correct that to only skip the second when there are 2 in a row. This will work for you with the next revision. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Nvm my comment. It will work and is exactly correct. I just looked into the source code again and I already took that into account
tongue.gif
(forgot about that).

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dimok said:
That is exactly correct and i just notice i did a little mistake in the code. It will probably not work because it skips the second \ on loading and since you got 3 at once it will probably skip 2. I will correct that to only skip the second when there are 2 in a row. This will work for you with the next revision. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Nvm my comment. It will work and is exactly correct. I just looked into the source code again and I already took that into account
tongue.gif
(forgot about that).

Thank you so much for the answer.
wink.gif

I've just updated the Italian translation, so it's ready for next releases. You can download it from here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__