Hacking Language files for Usb Loader GX

Kin8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cambric said:
If you think it could be better, I can post here just the changements to be done at the official file... in this way you just have a 10 seconds job to do with no possible errors on compiling...

Just let me know...

Thanks a lot again,

Cambo

Why not, otherwise upload the file on a downloading server (mediafire, megaupload ...etc)
smile.gif

Thanks

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
italian.lang - v25 - r639
Updated version of the file used in r639.... original file from GoogleCode used an no msgid lines touched....
Get the new version from GoogleDocs

Warning: this page in GoogleDocs is just a txt page. Unfortunately, if you try to download it in txt the GoogleDocs server creates at runtime a txt file which is not utf-8...
Just copy the content of the GoogleDocs web page and paste it in the GoogleCode ones...

In any case, for your convenience, I uploaded an unicode txt file also in MegaUpload...

Cambo

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Kin8,

I realize that the update process of the localization files should be a little bit improved....

Clearly, this is a inherently asyncronous process, since the "translator" have no acces to the official .lang files. On the other hand, the translator often provide the updated files and then see that a new version has come without the already given corrections, and hence they have to restart the translation...

There is also the problem of unicode, the file has to be in utf-8 (and this is not a problem at all), if I open the official file "http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/browse/trunk/Languages/italian.lang" I can copy/paste the content with no problem, while if I open the same file from the address you gave us "http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Languages/italian.lang" the file is "corrupted" in the sense that the "strange letters" (è,é,ò,ì) are gone...

Let me propose another process, which you can freely evaluate as a possible opportunity...

You can collect a group of translator and create a free zone on google docs containing the shared .lang files. The translator can update the .lang files there, you can add the new stuff to be translated there... whenever you want you can get there the latest versions and copy/paste the content in the official google code files...

No more utf-8 files to be downloaded from somewhere, no more waste of time, always the last translation version available, no more problems about "strange letters"....

Just think about these my 2cents... of course I am available to help you in creating the google docs files... it is only needed that the translators have a google e-mail or a google login...

Cambo

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
italian.lang - v26 - r640
Updated version of the file used in r640.... original file from GoogleCode used an no msgid lines touched....
Get the new version from GoogleDocs

Warning: this page in GoogleDocs is just a txt page. Unfortunately, if you try to download it in txt the GoogleDocs server creates at runtime a txt file which is not utf-8...
Just copy the content of the GoogleDocs web page and paste it in the GoogleCode ones...

In any case, for your convenience, I uploaded an unicode txt file also in MegaUpload...

Cambo

Kin8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
swedish.lang file of piratex invalid: not updated to r640! (DO not touch & delete all msgid "" , modify only between msgstr"" !!!!!!)
Same remark for sky8000 (but updated).

Look red message in previous page on this tread !

For cambric:

Its a bad idea... it is precisely the copy/paste which can generate the most part of errors...
the link which I give you is not wrong, on the contrary. its encoded in utf-8 !!!! click right & "save as" and click "save". Open file with editor and its ok (no "strange letters")
wink.gif

Just modify/add translations between msgstr"", preferably with Programmer's notepad (editor of devkitpro).

If you make as I said, not need to re-download each time, only once is enough if you follow these instructions.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Kin8 said:
For cambric:
Its a bad idea... it is precisely the copy/paste which can generate the most part of errors...
the link which I give you is not wrong, on the contrary. its encoded in utf-8 !!!! click right & "save as" and click "save". Open file with editor and its ok (no "strange letters")
wink.gif

Just modify/add translations between msgstr"", preferably with Programmer's notepad (editor of devkitpro).
If you make as I said, not need to re-download each time, only once is enough if you follow these instructions.
Hi Kin8,

Obviously, I fully respect your comments since you are the person in charge of localizing the USB Loader GX. In any case, let me just provide some clarifications:

- first of all do not be upset, it was just a hint...

- I can hardly see how a copy/paste can change the ascii characters

- I can easily understand the reason of not modifying the msgid "" field and of using a programmer's editor (I am a MatLab programmer)

- the fact that you correctly encoded the file in utf-8 does not means that the server provides back an utf-8 standard. Just some examples:
1) I uploaded an utf-8 file on Megauploads from my MacOSX computer, the corresponding downloaded file was in "Western" encoding and the accented letters were gone
2) if you save a txt document from google docs it is not downloaded in utf-8 standard (even if it was made in that way) and the accented letters are gone
3) the official file http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/sou...es/italian.lang is corrected, for example there is:

msgid "Can't be formated"
msgstr "Non si può formattare"

while the link http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/svn/tr...es/italian.lang you provided has

msgid "Can't be formated"
msgstr "Non si può formattare"

- we have to re-download the files since sometimes your new revisions do not include the corrections we previously provided in this thread, hence in order not to make mistakes it is much more safe to redo the corrections...

Please, let me point out that I am not upset at all... I just want to clarify that people having ideas different from yours are not necessarily stupid or not competent...

Thank you very much for your great and time consuming job,

Cambo

By the way, you may want to check the following two lines in the .lang files, there could be an "m" in excess:

#, c-format
msgid "Incomming file %0.2fKB"
msgstr ""

#, c-format
msgid "Incomming file %0.2fMB"
msgstr ""

Katsurou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pirateX said:
Swedish translation based on r640, fixed some minor grammatical errors and typos. Credits go out to previous translator aswell.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JPBPWV7B
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=64e57b9...be6ba49b5870170

I have merged your file with mine and updated to the latest revision, just a little tip for the next time you change something don't delete anything in the file just change/translate the phrases
happy.gif
ohhh.. one more thing you don't need to fill out the empty places that are correct in swedish for example

CODEmsgid "30 min"
msgstr ""

since it will just use the original msgid.

Swedish for Rev648

http://www.badongo.com/file/16182306

Fully updated to Rev648
Added pirateX changes and translated the new phrases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1