Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Homebrew isn't all about pirating you know that right? If you desperately want to get access to the eshop then update.
oh I know that better then most, I have modded and pirated a ton of shit in the past but I just want more developers to be drawn to the switch for better sales numbers so we get more games for it.

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya I wouldnt go back down. If most homebrew works on 5.1.0 then I would just buy the games I really want.

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
So what I get from this is ALLWAYS HAVE THE SWITCH CHARGING.

So if the switch is as I said ALLWAYS DOCKED for example will the battery issue ever be a problem.

@natinusala have you EVER had to remove the battery being docked at all times?

Being docked at ALL TIMES does it prevent a battery sync issue?

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I get from this is ALLWAYS HAVE THE SWITCH CHARGING.

So if the switch is as I said ALLWAYS DOCKED for example will the battery issue ever be a problem.

@natinusala have you EVER had to remove the battery being docked at all times?

Being docked at ALL TIMES does it prevent a battery sync issue?

Be patient. @natinusala is coming up with a software fix. Please be patient, I have to say this many times to many people. If you don't want the battery sync issue, do not use Lakka as stated on the website, wait for a fix.

Last edited by Centergaming,
Reactions: Fadi5555

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Be patient. @natinusala is coming up with a software fix. Please be patient, I have to say this many times to many people. If you don't want the battery sync issue, do not use Lakka as stated on the website, wait for a fix.

I am being patient and well informed.

I just wanted clarification on how he uses it with the battery state.

If theres a software fix good I'm happy and PATIENT as you put it. In no way did I come across as impatient by asking a few specific questions.

I'm not other people as you refer it. I'm more patient then most.

If he does have a software fix which I'm sure would be possible.

The battery has a capacity. Read the battery charge and send a specific command to tell the software where the battery is in relation to its physical charge.

Sounds simple BUT obv it would need implemented.

Reactions: Centergaming

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I'm guessing unless someone comes up with a way to report correctly the battery percentage where horizon stores the values from Linux there is no other way!?
Or unless we get a homebrew capable of recalibrating battery readings from the horizon OS end.
I am being patient and well informed.

I just wanted clarification on how he uses it with the battery state.

If theres a software fix good I'm happy and PATIENT as you put it. In no way did I come across as impatient by asking a few specific questions.

I'm not other people as you refer it. I'm more patient then most.

If he does have a software fix which I'm sure would be possible.

The battery has a capacity. Read the battery charge and send a specific command to tell the software where the battery is in relation to its physical charge.

Sounds simple BUT obv it would need implemented.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tested Danganronpa 1, it seems to run perfectly except that it runs a bit too fast.
Gonna test Danganronpa 2 in a bit.

Edit: Some areas have graphical errors where the model wont load.

Edit 2: Danganronpa 2 seems to run fine.
IMG_20180605_172243.jpg

Last edited by ElyosOfTheAbyss,

NO_ob

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it still desyncs.

As for the sleep mode, it's going to be harder than on Horizon. We'll see.
if it's possible i'll attempt it later but would it be possible to have an always running shell script which waits until theres been no input for about a 3 minutes and if there isn't any it will turn off the display and switch the cpu to the lowest underclock setting so it's not exactly sleep mode but sort of is and then it will wait for input and reverse those changes

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About the sleep mode. We can make a workaround by reacting to the power button : turn off display, savestate, stop RetroArch and underclock everything. When pressing back, it starts RetroArch back with the appropriate core and content before reloading the savestate. I already did a similar system to add a sleep mode to a Raspberry Pi powered Lakka box, it's not hard.

However I don't know how to react to the power button or turn off the display, it must be added in the kernel.

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About the sleep mode. We can make a workaround by reacting to the power button : turn off display, savestate, stop RetroArch and underclock everything. When pressing back, it starts RetroArch back with the appropriate core and content before reloading the savestate. I already did a similar system to add a sleep mode to a Raspberry Pi powered Lakka box, it's not hard.

However I don't know how to react to the power button or turn off the display, it must be added in the kernel.
Well staying on topic. That would be an interesting idea. How hard would it be to get it working on the kernel level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol