Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NO_ob

Trophies
XP
Country
If he's managing to use a 256GB SDXC card it's probably one of those fake ones from AliExpress for £15 that's just a 4GB card with hacked firmware to fool anything into thinking it's 256GB
i'm not retarded desu it's real i got it on amazon

seeyew_soon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I see a lot of questions about running PSP games in Lakka- so far every game I've tried runs too fast. For instance in Twisted Metal and Burnout Legends both, they run a lil over 2x speed and sometimes you see this strange single color "wall" that appears to be blocking your path, but you can go through it. Natinusala mentioned the oversped PPSSPP emulator on his Twitter days before the first release and had made attempts to correct this, but it looks like the fix might not be so simple for this one.

I think a next project for me will be to look into Lakka for my Odroid XU4 to see what issues appear to be common across the ARM64/possibly entire platform, and what are from our current implementation of Lakka for the Switch.

If it wasn't for the graphical issues, I'd say challenge accepted to 2x speed Burnout Legends XD

Last edited by seeyew_soon,
Reactions: Fadi5555

Keksus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello ;)

Thanks for this realese its so cool!
For the Battery Issues i do the switch load to 100% in the OS
but how can i see in lakka how full the Battery is?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Hi @natinusala
Taking the plunge and preparing the SD card now.
I'd like to know:
Can we configure settings for the emulators within lakka?
How are you handling the battery issue yourself? Does it happen randomly or can we take precaution to avoid it?

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can we configure settings for the emulators within lakka?

Yes of course ! Open a game, use the HOME button and go to Options from there

How are you handling the battery issue yourself? Does it happen randomly or can we take precaution to avoid it?

I just don't care since I don't use the Switch in portable mode. Well I always have a charger near me.

level42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I don't know what else to do, but I can't get anything but a black screen.

I've tried both builds, I've tried multiple SD Cards, I've tried re-flashing the SD cards countless times. I've tried leaving the console on for up to an hour with no signs of life on the devices, I've tried rebooting several times, I've tried power cycling, I've tried error checking the SD cards, nothing seems to do anything. I have booted other Linux distros before, so I am familiar with the process, but this one really has me scratching my head.

Anyone have any ideas on something I can try to get this to do, anything?

Anyone have any further ideas on what I can try?

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok guys so what is the list of things that work and things that don't work with lakka?

I'd like to try this out but if there are too many issues I'll just wait until they are fixed :P

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I just don't care since I don't use the Switch in portable mode. Well I always have a charger near me.

We're in the same club then!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok guys so what is the list of things that work and things that don't work with lakka?

I'd like to try this out but if there are too many issues I'll just wait until they are fixed :P

They're all listed in the documentation page shared in the OP.
I sure wish for the wireless function of the joy cons to be implemented!

Reactions: Idaho

seeyew_soon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can nobody say how can i see the status of the Battery on Lakka ?

Please try to use the search function. This can't be done yet, no good driver for the battery.

As for charging to 100%, I do this in Horizon OS before booting any Linux, and charge all the way before I leave (I rarely play on battery power in Lakka at this stage). This doesn't "cure" the battery desync though it seems to reduce the gap on my own system. I would go into this knowing there is a good possibility you will need to open the system to disconnect your battery.

Switch-Live

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the compatibility list a little. Getting a lot of working games on the N64 and PS1, only trouble I seem to have is with dreamcast

Edit:
Working Great - Xenogears (PS1), Threads of Fate (PS1), Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1), Paper Mario (N64), Hybrid Heaven (N64), Deadly Arts (N64), Neon Genesis Evagelion (N64)
Kinda Working - Tomb Raider Anniversary (PSP)
Way too slow/Non working - Project Justice (DC)

Last edited by Switch-Live,
Reactions: Fadi5555

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well homebrew works on 5.1.0, and I want access to the eshop, dont really care about pirating to much. Would rather support games on the switch if I can.

Homebrew isn't all about pirating you know that right? If you desperately want to get access to the eshop then update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol