L4T Ubuntu Applcation Install guides.

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by StarGazerTom, May 2, 2019.

1. MrSaturn

MrSaturn Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2019
    United States
    @dixeflatline that worked, thanks! Now I've got to figure out which GBA core doesn't have audio stuttering...

dixeflatline likes this.
  2. dixeflatline

dixeflatline Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near you
    Looks like the latest 1.7.7 RA nightly is working via repository ppa:libretro/testing.

3. ljc6386613

ljc6386613 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    China
    I am a noob, i googled but can't find solution,can anyone help me on how to use kodi with dock?

4. dixeflatline

dixeflatline Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near you
    I use either my phone (Android) with Yatse app, harmony elite remote, or bluetooth keyboard if all else fails.

5. ljc6386613

ljc6386613 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    China
    sorry ,my post may lead some miss understanding, i wan't kodi screen switch to my monitor when i put switch on dock,ubuntu desktop auto do that,does kodi need some config to archive that?

6. dixeflatline

dixeflatline Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near you
    Sorry, if I am miss understanding you. Are you saying you want your Ubuntu on Switch to boot straight to Kodi instead the default desktop environment? If thats the case:

On Ubuntu’s default login screen — known as a display manager — this menu can be accessed by clicking an icon next to your user name. The icon only appears if multiple desktop environments are available. You’ll see a list of the desktop environments you have installed. Click one to select it and set it as your user account’s default desktop environment, if Kodi is installed, youll see it listed.

Will look somewhat like this:
    [​IMG]

Or are you saying you have Kodi running (full screen) from Unity or whatever environment and when you place in dock it doesnt translate to your TV screen?

Last edited by dixeflatline, Jun 6, 2019
  7. Drban789

Drban789 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hello im om retro 1.7.6. Is there any other Ps1 cores for retroarch apart from beetle and beetle HW. Trying to run ff8 they are pretty bulky and performance isnt great even when i have overclocked to 1.7ghz-2.0. I saw there is PSX reloaded or rearmed or something any idea where i can find those cores

8. dixeflatline

dixeflatline Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near you
    From post number 1, re-enable the testing libretto ppa, sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade retroarch* libretro-*

Possibility you will need to do a sudo apt-get upgrade --fix-missing. 1.7.7 RA is working again.

9. ljc6386613

ljc6386613 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    China
    Or are you saying you have Kodi running (full screen) from Unity or whatever environment and when you place in dock it doesnt translate to your TV screen?[/QUOTE]

yes,i have Kodi running (full screen) ,after place in dock it doesnt translate to TV screen,just saw nvidia logo and then black screen,how to fix that ?thank you

Last edited by ljc6386613, Jun 7, 2019
  10. Guivas73

Guivas73 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    For the vulkan dolphin gamecube emulator it says that 161mb of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue? I keep putting Y or Yes and it just answers as abort no matter what. Any suggustions?

11. kevandkkim

kevandkkim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2016
    United States
    Do you have the space available?

12. dixeflatline

dixeflatline Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near you
    yes,i have Kodi running (full screen) ,after place in dock it doesnt translate to TV screen,just saw nvidia logo and then black screen,how to fix that ?thank you[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I been busy. We may be talking about 2 different issues. I will try to reproduce what your saying on mine and let you know my outcome when I have a few minutes.

13. ljc6386613

ljc6386613 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    China
    Sorry, I been busy. We may be talking about 2 different issues. I will try to reproduce what your saying on mine and let you know my outcome when I have a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

thank you,i think it may be relatied to the Display resolution setting,becasue when i run kodi in window mode, after put NS in dock i can move the mouse ,and i see four nvedia logo on TV screen.

14. Gameboyandwatch

Gameboyandwatch GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    United States
    For some reason even after connecting my joycons they wont work as a mouse. Not sure what im doing wrong. I followed it but when i use all the buttons and move the joysticks nothing happens

15. Gameboyandwatch

May 13, 2016
    United States
    How do I make dolphin run better? It still can't run Wii games at full speed, and also, how do I do the 1.7 GHZ overclock? Im not sure how to type that into my terminal

Edit: Got joycon mouse working, i didnt see the text at first that said to install that program because it was the same color as the background. Now for some reason the right joystick keeps drifting up. I know its not beacuse its going back because it doesnt do this on Horizon OS.

Last edited by Gameboyandwatch, Jun 18, 2019
  16. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Make sure the joycon is centered when you turn it on

17. Gameboyandwatch

May 13, 2016
    United States
    Ah ok. Also, what do I do about using it in emulators? i dont know how to turn the joycon mouse off so it just moves around and makes it hard to play

18. Dfroberts86

Dfroberts86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    Mouser X likes this.
  19. Gameboyandwatch

May 13, 2016
    United States
  20. BruhBoy

BruhBoy Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    United States
    Dolphin has a setting to hide the mouse cursor

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't know if anyone else has released a guide to getting GameCube remotes to work on dolphin and other emulators but I'll be doing one on Friday