Tutorial  Updated

L4T Ubuntu Applcation Install guides.

So, instead of clogging up poor @bylaws L4T thread (sorry buddy!) with emulators apps, I figured it might be a good idea to try and make a separate thread for quick guides, and leave his one to troubleshooting actual L4T issues.

The intent for this thread is to leave behind quickshot guides for others to install applications we know works for Tegra Linux, so here's the one's I've managed so far, with the help of some folks in the L4T OS thread.

If others are going to add to this thread with their own little guides, try to keep each seperate command on it's own line, and if the command is too big for 1 line, seperate it as I have done in the Vulkan Dolphin guide. Little comments should go into square brackets and have the color changed to red. Try to keep it in a format that people can copy/paste each line as they're needed.

(It is advised to make a Swapfile, so please follow that guide first!)

sudo apt install nano
[You can change 1G to whatever size you want, I used 2G]
sudo fallocate -l 1G /swapfile
[If fallocate throws an error, you want to run the]
[next command, if it doesn't, skip it]

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1024 count=1048576
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
sudo nano /etc/fstab
[You need to add this entry to the file you just opened]
[to make the change permanent:]

/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0
[To verify that it installed correctly:]
sudo free -h
[Something like this should be the output:]

[total        used         free       shared  buff/cache  available]
[Mem: 488M 158M 83M 2.3M 246M 217M]
[Swap: 1.0G 506M 517M]

echo performance | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_governor

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dolphin-emu/ppa
sudo apt-get update
git clone https://github.com/Tinob/Ishiiruka.git
cd Ishiiruka
mkdir build
cd build

[This next line is all in one, so copy/paste]
sudo apt install git cmake ffmpeg libavcodec-dev libevdev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libsfml-dev libminiupnpc-dev libmbedtls-dev curl libhidapi-dev libwxbase3.0-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libpangocairo-1.0-0 libgtk2.0-dev libbluetooth-dev qt5-default qtbase5-private-dev libudev-dev libxi-dev

cmake ..
make -j4
sudo make install

[Once installed, execute with]
ishiiruka
[Then lock it to the sidebar for easy access]

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libretro/testing
sudo apt-get install retroarch* libretro*
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
[Easy enough to install]

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-joystick

[To use your joycons as a mouse, press the sync buttons on the rail of each joycon, then use the bluetooth app to connect to them both. Once both are connected, hold them like you normally do, and press L+R (L1, R1 in Playstation terms), and that should be it!]
[Another easy install, to change sensitivity, go to system settings, mouse, and make your changes]

sudo apt-get install kodi
[After installing Kodi, you will need to logout. Do not shut down or reboot, but if you did, follow the same instructions.]
[Log out, and you'll be at the login menu. Click the account, and it'll ask you for your password.]
[Underneath the password box, is a cog. Click the cog, and click Unity.]
[From now on, Kodi will not automatically start upon booting up linux.]
[Yet another easy one, but this is a very powerful media box program]

[Original Post https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ling-moonlight-embedded-on-l4t-ubuntu.537429/ ]
sudo apt-get update
[Next line is all 1 command]
sudo apt-get install libopus0 libexpat1 libasound2 libudev1 libavahi-client3 libcurl3 libevdev2 libenet7 -y && sudo apt-get install libssl-dev libopus-dev libasound2-dev libudev-dev libavahi-client-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libevdev-dev libexpat1-dev libpulse-dev uuid-dev libenet-dev cmake gcc g++ fakeroot debhelper
libavcodec-dev libsdl2-dev -y

git clone https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-embedded.git
cd moonlight-embedded
git submodule update --init
mkdir build
cd build/
cmake ../
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

[Now reboot your switch]
moonlight pair <pc local ip>
moonlight stream <pc local ip>

[Where pc local ip, you must put in your pc's ip address. To find that, on windows, open Win+r, in the dialog box, put in cmd.exe. In the new window, type in ipconfg, then look for your systems ip address. if you computer is wired to your network, it'll fall under "Ethernet adapter Ethernet".
If it is Wireless, then it'll fall under "Wireless LAN adapter WiFi"
Either way, you'll want the IPv4 Address.]
[In linux, just open terminal, the command "ifconfig" and look for IPv4]

[To configure your joycons to work with Moonlight]
sudo gedit /usr/local/share/moonlight/gamecontroller.txt

[Scroll to the bottom and copy/paste one of these style codes into the file]
[For Nintendo Style:]
050000007e0500000620000001000000,Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons,a:b1,b:b0,back:b9,dpdown:b15,dpleft:b16,dpright:b17,dpup:b14,guide:b11,leftshoulder:b5,leftstick:b12,lefttrigger:b7,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b6,rightstick:b13,righttrigger:b8,rightx:a2,righty:a3,start:b10,x:b2,y:b3,

[For Microsoft Style:] 050000007e0500000620000001000000,Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons,a:b0,b:b1,back:b9,dpdown:b15,dpleft:b16,dpright:b17,dpup:b14,guide:b11,leftshoulder:b5,leftstick:b12,lefttrigger:b7,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b6,rightstick:b13,righttrigger:b8,rightx:a2,righty:a3,start:b10,x:b3,y:b2,

[Then,press CTRL + X. Then press Y. Then close terminal and reboot your switch.]

Last edited by ,

DevinG70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I don't know if I keep doing something wrong but whenever I go to shut off the switch after going through the whole setup process and confirming that everything is working, I can't ever boot it back up using hekate, it just sits there on a black screen without and indication of anything working. It's not until I put the switch into the dock that I see a terminal on my tv screen going through a bunch of unreadable text that's going by too fast. Also whenever I do actually use it without turning it off, is it just me or is it really slow, because it doesn't take much for the screen to turn gray and frozen, and it stays that way for a good bit, which is why I tried turning it off and on again in the first place. Also I've reinstalled it a few times now lol

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could anyone please try UltraStar Deluxe on L4T Ubuntu?

Since we need ARM it might be necessary to compile it. Unfortunately this site is in german:
https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Spiele/UltraStar_Deluxe/

But the commands needed would be:
Code:
sudo apt-get install autoconf  autogen checkinstall git  fpc liblua5.3-dev libsdl2-dev  libsdl2-image-dev  libsdl2-image-2.0-0  libsdl2-2.0-0  ffmpeg  fonts-freefont-ttf libavdevice-dev  libsqlite3-0  libsqlite3-dev  libpcre3  libpcre3-dev  ttf-dejavu  portaudio19-dev  lua5.1-dev  libopencv-highgui-dev  libportmidi-dev libprojectm-dev
for the dependencies and
Code:
git clone https://github.com/UltraStar-Deluxe/USDX
cd USDX
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo checkinstall
to actually compile it.
Then it should be launchable via ultrastardx. Can anyone verify that please? :)

Trent Suckling

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to compile the Faster Melee build of Dolphin for curiosity's sake? Using the provided script seems to cause cmake to give the error:

cannot find source file:

TextureDecoder_Generic.cpp

Many thanks!

Reactions: Kemoka

Damegrowling

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey all, I've managed to get ubuntu setup with dolphin etc, but I can't get dolphin to show any device other than the default "virtual core pointer" in the controller section. I have synced my Pro controller and my Bluetooth detects it. But when it go to device nothing else shows. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
over here in this newb friendly L4t thread
https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-friendly-l4t-ubuntu.539817/

this dude has it set up so that the joycon mouse control can be disabled/enabled by pressing in the left joystick button.

does anyone know how he set that up?
Yes. Go back one page and skim for links. It's how I always find it when I'm trying to change the settings. It's surprisingly effective. Apparently this question is asked almost once per page.:wink:

Also worth noting - another useful tactic when trying to answer a question, read the first 1 or 2 pages, and last 2 or 3 pages, to see if the question was asked or answered recently. I've found that this works at least 75% of the time.

Last edited by Mouser X,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
know encountering an error trying to install notepad++? I am having an unlisted error when trying to do it via software app.

*Architecture not supported.

Last edited by tabzer,

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is their an additional step to get retroarch working? I cant move anything within the menu at all, let alone get any cores to show, touch doesnt work and all i seem to be able to do is close the windowed screen.

FtorTiks

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can I install flash player on the Nintendo switch or install Google Chrome (where already is flash player)?

remix10tailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to avoid asking looking for an answer, but I don't seem to find it anywhere. How do I disable the joy-con mouse driver without disconnecting them?

Edit:
Just reinstalled L4T to a fresh one which obviously did the trick but I'd still like to know if there was a way to disable it without having to get a fresh L4T.

Last edited by remix10tailed,

maddenmike95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by maddenmike95,

remix10tailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also seem to be having an issue with getting Vulkan for Dolphin to work. I followed the guide completely and I tested New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Smash Bros Melee with the settings on Vulkan, but I had an error about command buffer for both games. When using OpenGL though I had no problem but the games ran horribly slow and had broken graphics. Can someone help me figure out what is wrong?

Edit:
Well, like I edited my previous message, I reinstalled L4T and it worked first try when doing all the steps again, so yey!

Last edited by remix10tailed,

badman1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to create zswap or use zram? Attempted both, tried pulled the ubuntu bionic zram package and edited the zram.cfg file and it would always show up blank.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ