1. DevinG70

DevinG70 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey I don't know if I keep doing something wrong but whenever I go to shut off the switch after going through the whole setup process and confirming that everything is working, I can't ever boot it back up using hekate, it just sits there on a black screen without and indication of anything working. It's not until I put the switch into the dock that I see a terminal on my tv screen going through a bunch of unreadable text that's going by too fast. Also whenever I do actually use it without turning it off, is it just me or is it really slow, because it doesn't take much for the screen to turn gray and frozen, and it stays that way for a good bit, which is why I tried turning it off and on again in the first place. Also I've reinstalled it a few times now lol

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Could anyone please try UltraStar Deluxe on L4T Ubuntu?

Since we need ARM it might be necessary to compile it. Unfortunately this site is in german:
    https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Spiele/UltraStar_Deluxe/

But the commands needed would be:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install autoconf  autogen checkinstall git  fpc liblua5.3-dev libsdl2-dev  libsdl2-image-dev  libsdl2-image-2.0-0  libsdl2-2.0-0  ffmpeg  fonts-freefont-ttf libavdevice-dev  libsqlite3-0  libsqlite3-dev  libpcre3  libpcre3-dev  ttf-dejavu  portaudio19-dev  lua5.1-dev  libopencv-highgui-dev  libportmidi-dev libprojectm-dev
    for the dependencies and
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/UltraStar-Deluxe/USDX
    cd USDX
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure
    make
    sudo checkinstall

to actually compile it.
    Then it should be launchable via ultrastardx. Can anyone verify that please? :)

3. Trent Suckling

Newcomer

United States
    Anyone able to compile the Faster Melee build of Dolphin for curiosity's sake? Using the provided script seems to cause cmake to give the error:

cannot find source file:

TextureDecoder_Generic.cpp

Many thanks!

4. Damegrowling

Damegrowling Newbie
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Hey all, I've managed to get ubuntu setup with dolphin etc, but I can't get dolphin to show any device other than the default "virtual core pointer" in the controller section. I have synced my Pro controller and my Bluetooth detects it. But when it go to device nothing else shows. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

5. W9qI8k5QMf

W9qI8k5QMf Member
    Newcomer

United States
  6. Mouser X

Mouser X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes. Go back one page and skim for links. It's how I always find it when I'm trying to change the settings. It's surprisingly effective. Apparently this question is asked almost once per page.:wink:

Also worth noting - another useful tactic when trying to answer a question, read the first 1 or 2 pages, and last 2 or 3 pages, to see if the question was asked or answered recently. I've found that this works at least 75% of the time.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. bitteorca

bitteorca Member
    Newcomer

United States
    delete later

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  8. NotABicycle

NotABicycle Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, Yuzu port when?

9. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It already somewhat works.
    But apparently the Switch doesn’t have enough ram to emulate a Switch

10. NotABicycle

NotABicycle Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Wait, what do you mean by "It already somewhat works"? Does it actually boot anything?

11. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It seems like it tries to do something, but it fills up both the ram and the page file and crashes

Edit: I should probably try running homebrew apps on it :P

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  12. NotABicycle

NotABicycle Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That would be really interesting to see. Aside from being a joke, it does seem valuable for documentation I would think.

13. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    know encountering an error trying to install notepad++? I am having an unlisted error when trying to do it via software app.

*Architecture not supported.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  14. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Is their an additional step to get retroarch working? I cant move anything within the menu at all, let alone get any cores to show, touch doesnt work and all i seem to be able to do is close the windowed screen.

15. jan2705

jan2705 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey, does anyone know how to use usb2ethernet Adapter in Ubuntu?

edit: nevermind, 2nd try IT worked Plug n Play, idk what was wrong before

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    FtorTiks and lordelan like this.
  16. FtorTiks

FtorTiks Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Can I install flash player on the Nintendo switch or install Google Chrome (where already is flash player)?

17. remix10tailed

remix10tailed Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have been trying to avoid asking looking for an answer, but I don't seem to find it anywhere. How do I disable the joy-con mouse driver without disconnecting them?

Edit:
    Just reinstalled L4T to a fresh one which obviously did the trick but I'd still like to know if there was a way to disable it without having to get a fresh L4T.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  18. maddenmike95

maddenmike95 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    LMAO, the switch doesn't have enough ram to emulate a switch. Funny to me that the switch emulator doesn't work on a switch. Does yuzu read it as a tablet?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  19. remix10tailed

remix10tailed Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I also seem to be having an issue with getting Vulkan for Dolphin to work. I followed the guide completely and I tested New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Smash Bros Melee with the settings on Vulkan, but I had an error about command buffer for both games. When using OpenGL though I had no problem but the games ran horribly slow and had broken graphics. Can someone help me figure out what is wrong?

Edit:
    Well, like I edited my previous message, I reinstalled L4T and it worked first try when doing all the steps again, so yey!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  20. badman1223

badman1223 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Has anyone been able to create zswap or use zram? Attempted both, tried pulled the ubuntu bionic zram package and edited the zram.cfg file and it would always show up blank.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Applcation, Install, Ubuntu