1. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ishiiruka crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen or resize window :( any solution for this?

scandal_uk likes this.
  2. bebo2019

bebo2019 Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    can we install wine on it and then install any exe windows programs?
    OR can we install Windows os on the switch?

3. Halo69

Halo69 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Im on l4t 3.0.0 i installed qjoypad to map the joycons.
    I ran qjoypad --notray in terminal and the controller icon shows up, i click on it and it opens up but when i click on anything qjoypad closes and i get (segmentation fault (core dumped) what that means? 20200314_165000.jpg

4. quandeptrai

quandeptrai Newbie
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    Same issue, anyone can help? :(

5. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Fan

United States
    remove .txt from file and move this file to usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d (do it with sudo mv) and reboot or logout and login.
    The mappings are as follow: Left click mouse is B , Right click is A, L and R control volume, ZR and ZL control brightness, Screenshot button enables or disables mouse mode , Home button is Escape, Plus button is enter, Minus button is back.
    (copied from discord)

Attached Files:

werneck14 and quandeptrai like this.
  6. quandeptrai

quandeptrai Newbie
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    Big thanks! The problem is solved.

7. hipmp5

hipmp5 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Qatar
    Today i tried for the first time this installation but every time i try to install something i got this: Could not resolve turul.canonical.com and i can't even ping that website.

8. DavidHayes

DavidHayes Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Has anyone gotten zram working? The command 'modinfo zram' returns 'modinfo: ERROR: Module zram not found.'

9. falcorr

falcorr GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    There's no longer a deb file, rather a tar.gz. Can't manage to install it.

10. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive The key that lights the dark

United States
    joycon as mouse command isnt working for me, i still cant use the joycons even though there connected
    edit: last thing, is there anyway to disable the rails as i cant connect my left joycon to it as the rail is messed up and i cant fix it
    edit: just removed the part that connects the joycon to the switch lol

Last edited by SexiestManAlive, Apr 12, 2020
  11. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive The key that lights the dark

United States
    how do you use mv to move the file to the directory, for me its saying the dirctory doesnt exist, im doing sudo mv home/myname/downloads/50-joystick.conf usr/share/x11/xorg.conf.d and it keeps saying that, linux is incredibly complicated fpr me lol

so apparently my download folder doesn't exist at all even though it does since i cant select it with ls

edit: figured it out, i had to use capitals instead of just all lowercase, i dont think it should be like that tbh

Last edited by SexiestManAlive, Apr 13, 2020
  12. The Official GMan

Newcomer

United States
    I though I would post for reference some unique emulators I have been able to install.

I currently am running ubuntu withe the gnome desktop. I have modified the install script for RETROPIE and am on the current version. All cores that support aarch64 (arm64) will build correct from source. I have also managed to install a binary of the ds emulator drastic though performance is not good (issues with the display server high cpu usage lowering performance). I have compiled melonDS with with the arm64 jit with close to full speed emulation on 3d games. I am currently working on building the nintendo switch MelonDS port on ubuntu (which it wasn't written for) and expect that to produce full speed performance. Desmume (the ds emulator) builds but, since it has no arm64 jit,performance is poor. I have build both the most current dolphin dev build and ishiiruka with both performing similarly under the vulkan backend (45-60fps in double dash single player) (cpu single core performance limited with the current arm64 jit recompiler). I expect anything older than gamecube and ds to run fullspeed in all scenarios.

13. starwind23

starwind23 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Same, I just open and make it larger before it loads. This is a workaround of sorts.

I cant download cores for retroarch it just fetches and never loads the cores list. when i move the menu after it 2x txt in UI.
    Also is there any other apps like pcx 2 riecast ect i haven't seen post on how to install. but iv seen them around are they just not useful

Last edited by starwind23, May 17, 2020
  14. Nitrus

Nitrus Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been looking for a way to compile Hangover though it seems that it's unsuccessful when trying to compile with recent MinGW/Wine versions. Has anyone been able to do it recently (past few months) and if yes, can you let me know? Running into undefined references and playing whack-a-mole right now

EDIT: It actually works off of commit 0ee5b16, however that's more than a year old. I am reluctant to go down the bisect route as installation takes several hours

Last edited by Nitrus, May 21, 2020
  15. Fayd

Fayd Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I followed the instructions on how to make your joy cons a mouse. When I hold L and R something pops up fast about switch controller not configured and it doesn't work.

16. tomoya1230

tomoya1230 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    "CMake cmake lists" error occurs

17. HappehLemons

HappehLemons GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Followed this guide to a tee and retroarch has no cores. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade seem to do nothing for me. Is there any way to manually download them?

Figured this out, but N64 crashes with every game on load. Very disappointing :(

Last edited by HappehLemons, Jun 11, 2020
  18. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Colombia
    Hi. Lately I have been installing the applications and configurations of this thread. At one point, data that was updated with the Update & Upgrade command, a few libraries appeared that began to download, exceeding more than 2GB. I left it installing and at one point I got a message saying that I was about to install some Nvidia drivers, so it gave me several options, including the Y or I, to accept that it was installed, so I gave And. In the end I ended up with some errors that it was impossible for him to rewrite or install things. Then when I tried to install other things I started to vote for those same errors.

This is the error:

Code:
    Configurando nvidia-l4t-xusb-firmware (32.4.2-20200408182156) ...
    Starting xusb firmware post-install procedure.
    ERROR. Procedure for xusb firmware update FAILED.
    Cannot install package. Exiting...
    dpkg: error al procesar el paquete nvidia-l4t-xusb-firmware (--configure):
     installed nvidia-l4t-xusb-firmware package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: problemas de dependencias impiden la configuración de nvidia-l4t-initrd:
     nvidia-l4t-initrd depende de nvidia-l4t-xusb-firmware (= 32.4.2-20200408182156); sin embargo:
     El paquete `nvidia-l4t-xusb-firmware' no está configurado todavía.

dpkg: error al procesar el paquete nvidia-l4t-initrd (--configure):
     problemas de dependencias - se deja sin configurar
    No se escribió un informe «apport» porque el mensaje de error indica que es un mensaje de error asociado a un fallo previo.
                                                                                                                               Se encontraron errores al procesar:
     nvidia-l4t-xusb-firmware
     nvidia-l4t-initrd
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have tried to test some cleanup commands like autoremove, autoclean, bpkg --force etc, but they keep giving me the same error.

Hopefully you can help me.

19. Baldanders19

Baldanders19 Newbie
    Newcomer

Albania
    Hi,

Is there a way to run 32bit programs on Switchlinux?

20. Manaboy

Manaboy Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi, just a quick question guys, any way of getting Ephinea PSO BB working on L4T Ubuntu via wine/Hangover?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Applcation, Install, Ubuntu