1. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The `dolphin-emu-master` package from the official dolphin PPA works fine for me and everyone I know who has tried it shrugs
    The one from the standard Ubuntu repos is years outdated and is broken iirc though.

2. sergio_prado

sergio_prado Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks for the info. Do you know any repo with working versions of Mame / Dosbox?

3. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Nope, sorry

4. Boomerams

Boomerams GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ugh, I cant for the life of me get the joycons to work as a mouse. I have tried with the file provided by enderer (post #425) but still nothing. I followed install guide from the main L4T unbuntu thread with dumping joycon data through hekate and joycons where connected at first boot so the OP instructions where no help. Anyone willing to help me out?

Edit: Also, how the heck do you "right" click using the touch screen?

Last edited by Boomerams, Nov 14, 2020
  5. Travma_toLog

Travma_toLog Newbie
    Newcomer

Ukraine
    Greetings, how can i configure joycon buttons as a mouse, working only l and r as right and left mouse buttons, but from aside of the joycon, how to change to the top buttons?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Greetings, joycon works perfect as a mouse, how can i recofigure the buttons, l and r mouse buttons work only from aside of the left joycon, how change them to the top?

6. YellowPanda

YellowPanda Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Last edited by YellowPanda, Nov 30, 2020
  7. YellowPanda

YellowPanda Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    For mouse control I used antimicrox, this is how I did it...
    Step 1.
    Code:
    sudo git clone https://github.com/AntiMicroX/antimicrox
    Step 2. You'll need dependencies.
    Code:
    sudo apt install g++ cmake extra-cmake-modules qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libsdl2-dev libxi-dev libxtst-dev libx11-dev itstool gettext libqt5x11extras5-dev
    Step 3.
    Code:
    cd antimicrox
    Step 4.
    Code:
    sudo mkdir build && cd build
    Step 5.
    Code:
    sudo cmake ..
    Step 6.
    Code:
    sudo make
    Step 7.
    Code:
    sudo make install
    Now it should be installed you can launch it by typing
    Code:
    antimicrox
    into terminal

Last edited by YellowPanda, Dec 2, 2020
  8. Boomerams

Boomerams GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok... phew!!! I wasn't having a lot of luck getting my joycons to work correctly as a mouse with correct key mappings, but with a little bit of digging around, Google searching around the internet, as well as a ton of plugging in and testing, I was able to figure out how to determine the keybinding codes for configuring the 50-joystick.conf file. I figured I would post my findings here to help lessen the burden of others trying to figure this shit out when trying to configure things how they like.

1. If you are wanting something more tailored to however you want things setup...best thing to do is go into terminal and type the following below then press Enter.

xmodmap -pke

This should list just about every keycode you will need to customize things however you want. In my case I found the mouse buttons missing from this list, but was able to find them elsewhere and are as follows (or see picture of hand written notes.)

button=1 (middle mouse button)
    button=2 (left mouse click)
    button=3 (right mouse click)

After finding the keycodes you want just edit the 50-joystick.conf file to your liking. You can reference my hand written notes (attached) which, on the left, will show you what the map buttons correspond to on the joycons with some keycode choices on the right. For instance, if you want A set as RIGHT CLICK then "mapbutton2" should be "button=3"

2. If you just wanna keep it simple follow my hand written notes which should include pretty much every keycode you need for any normal use situation.

3. Now to keep things stupid simple (no offense, lol) just download and follow the steps below to import my own personal 50-joystick.conf configuration

-download 50-joystick.conf file
    -go to downloads folder
    -right click then select "open in terminal"
    - sudo mv 50-joystick.conf /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d
    - reboot or do a logout then login to apply the configuration

Mappings are as followed:
    L button is LEFT click
    ZL is Brightness DOWN
    R button is RIGHT click
    ZR is Brightness UP
    MINUS button is BACKSPACE
    PLUS button is ENTER
    Dpad UP is SCROLL UP
    Dpad DOWN is SCROLL DOWN
    HOME button is DISABLE-ALL to stop any mapped keys from working until pressing HOME key again.

Hope this helps somebody out and shout out to Mr.Rabbit GameTV for getting me started on this PITA.

Edit: CRAP! have been creating this post with my phone and didn't save my conf file correctly but will update/fix this post when I get back home tomorrow afternoon.

Attached Files:

9. LapCheong

LapCheong GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    24/7 operation, is it good for the switch?

10. Quattro74

Quattro74 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, I was also having trouble getting joycon mouse working using the xorg-xserver method, so I installed AntimicroX as shown by YellowPanda above. I went into controller mapping, once I ran the app, and was able to map all of the keys to Ubuntu, save the settings then save the config file to my user directory. So right now I don't have any keys or buttons associated in the config file, the controller key maps are simply defined. I'm guessing I can figure out how I want to set this up and just put the key associations into the config file? Is there anyway to get Ubuntu to auto load AntiMicroX on start up? Any way for the joycons to auto connect to bluetooth on start up?

11. Quattro74

Quattro74 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, Antimicrox wasn't working for me like I'd hoped. It does the one thing that xserver-xorg-input-joystick doesn't do, it allows me to map certain buttons. Yet the cursor disappears whenever I try to use the touchscreen, then it doesn't come back. Any idea why my xserver-xorg-input-joystick buttons don't work? I am using the 50-joyctick.conf file from page 13 from this thread. The mouse cursor does move around when I use the left joystick.

12. Quattro74

Quattro74 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok, got my mapping figured out. It was different for me than in some of the tutorials for xserver-xorg-input-joystick for instance my d-pad takes up the first 4 in the list of 18? Maybe cuz I'm on FW 10.2? Anyway, this was confusing at first as a result. I am now using a combo of this and AntiMicroX to have the ultimate custom setups. I startup AntiMicroX automatically at boot, then when I actually want to use it I just enable the bluetooth for both joycons. It is nice that I can disable the xorg-joystick with the simple disable-all switch when I am using AntiMicroX for gaming.

It seems that Compiz is bogging down this Gnome desktop a bit? Was wondering what other light desktop environments are available for L4T that don't give up touchscreen functions but don't use Compiz by default?

13. Quattro74

Quattro74 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Has anyone got KDE Plasma running on l4t? All I get is a black screen with a cursor, lol.

14. BryanRizk

BryanRizk Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Can someone help me get an x86_64 program running on L4T

15. Daxie719

Daxie719 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello Everyone, Got set up with Ubuntu on switch using this Guide:

Anybody actually successfully get the Joycons to work as a mouse?

Also after updating, wifi is disconnecting??

Thanks

16. sergio_prado

sergio_prado Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Applcation, Install, Ubuntu