Korg DS-10

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jhongerkong, Jun 16, 2008.

1. bumjeans

bumjeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2007
    Works fine on R4 but I get the japanese text thing on NO$GBA. How odd!

2. evoo1

evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2008
    Australia
    Vienna
    also works fine on cycloDS EVO with 1.41 firmware [​IMG]
    edit: I'm running it on an european DS which I bought about a week ago, would love to test it on my old ds I bought in Singapur but sadly I sold it T_T

3. Sp33der

Sp33der GBAtemp Fan

May 31, 2008
    Netherlands
  4. Sonicslasher

Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

Dec 5, 2005
    United States
    Richmond, VA
    I r happy man [​IMG]

5. K2Valor

K2Valor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    This software is awesome! I can make beats pretty sufficiently, I just don't understand how the "Song" button works. I go there and I don't know what to do. Anyone figure it out?

6. JimmyPuffs

JimmyPuffs Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2008
    United States
    Yup = reports coming in that on CycloDS evolution you need to upgrade to firmware 1.4

also it's is region free like all DS games.

and another thing, does anyone know if there is a tutorial or idiots guide to synth mixers cos I have no clue what i'm doing

7. da_rula

da_rula GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2005
    Gambia, The
    As mentioned in the release thread:

8. ECJanga

ECJanga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2007
    Netherlands
    What upgrade? I use it on CycloDS 1.31 and it works fine [​IMG]

9. bumjeans

bumjeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2007
    Awesome bit of software and I'm also glad you can edit the sustain and volume levels, I was worried the songs won't have any dynamics. The demo song sounds great.

However 2 synths do not seem enough. I have used LSDJ on the GB and theres a trick where you switch instruments on a single channel which means you can simulate loads of channels. Probably not possible here.

I forgot to check, can you do chords on a single synth?

10. test84

test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    bumjeans, FYI Lameboy is capable or running LSDJ at a very good state

11. test84

test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    I hope its fake:
    [​IMG]

12. swiitness

swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2007
    Are there any idiots or beginners guide to using Korg DS-10?

13. da_rula

da_rula GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2005
    Gambia, The
    OF COURSE its fake. Reason on iPhone? Naaah [​IMG]

Look, i made this fake in just 2 minutes!! If i had spent more time on it, it could have looked more real:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, he could just displayed a jpg file on his iPhone [​IMG]

14. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    I am LOVING this program! I've said it on other threads today... as soon as this is out in the US, i'm buying it. I'll have the dump on my card, but this is the first time in a LONG time that i WANT to spend the money on a dump.

Yea! I messed around with it last night. After you create a 16 beat pattern, if you click in the upper left of the selection box (usually top screen), hit "Pattern" and select (or copy) a new pattern, and create another beat there. After you have all the patterns done that you want (2 or more), click "song." This will let you use the patterns you've made, and put them in any order you'd like. You have 100 possible "measures" to fill with the patterns you've created.

Hope that clears a bit more of it up. I mean, look at your DS as you read that... its pretty straight forward... kinda heh.

I don't have it in front of me at work (wish to hell that i did lol), but that SHOULD explain a bit more about it [​IMG]

Baahhh.... 6 more hours.

15. K2Valor

K2Valor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    Can anyone post a link to Amazon of what cable I would need to record songs?

16. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    Oh man, you don't need anything spectacular. All you need is an 1/8th inch cable. The kind that plugs into a headphone jack.

You can pick em up for pretty effin cheap at Radio Shack. Just ask for a low quality (i say that, because you really don't need anything major for this heh) 1/8th inch cable (male-to-male)... about 6 to 12 foot. The length is just for connecting the headphone jack to the audio-in jack (mic jack will work as well heh) on your 'puter. That's usually on the back side of the tower... so i give 6 foot as a minimum... so you have SOME room for movement of the cable.

As well, if there's any confusion in the store, just tell them you want to record audio from the DS headphone jack to your computer. That should be simple enough for them to help with too (coming from an ex-Shack slave employee [​IMG])

17. trebulator

trebulator Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Knoxville
    Does anybody else have problems with this game on a Supercard DS One? It shows the icon on the ROM selector, but once I select it to boot, it does a white screen for a split second, then black screen, which it stays on. I've also tried without patching, a ROM from two different sources, formatting my card, and updating my firmware, and still nothing.

18. smurphyzeke

smurphyzeke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2007
    United States
    Can't get it working on my M3 MicroSD, probably cause it's pretty much obsolete. Tried with and without the arm7 patch.

19. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    Haven't tried it myself, but if i have time tonight, i'll toss it onto the Wife®'s SC-DS1 and see if i can get anything working. If i can do it, i'll let you know tomorrow. (if someone else does it first, cool, as well [​IMG])

20. Sorbo

Sorbo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    Wehl, The Netherlands
    Works Great @ Cyclo DS, even with 1.3 FW

And the "game" rocks!