test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
There are couple of Musical Homebrews that I wonder why people don't try whilst waiting for KORG DS-10, namely AXE 0.03 is great and cool for performance too.

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
test84 said:
There are couple of Musical Homebrews that I wonder why people don't try whilst waiting for KORG DS-10, namely AXE 0.03 is great and cool for performance too.

Well NitroTracker and GlitchDS do provide quality on a very high level and it may be a bit early to judge, but the KORGS interface looks a bit more clean than the one NitroTracker has. But I guess that's always in the eyes of the beholder
smile.gif

And why many people will never touch musicmaking homebrews but go crazy for the KORG-10: Hype
wink.gif

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
test84 said:
You being from Vienna, should have a good taste in music.

haha yeah, I guess back in the day with had lots of good music to offer
smile.gif
Sadly on of my biggest passion, chiptuning, is probably one of the most unknown genres here. But with the mighty force of Nitrotrack and KORG-10 I will change that
wink.gif

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
test84 said:
cool, Do you have any instrument files for chiptune making?

oh through the years I tink i have brought together a quite complete collection of samples and the like, though the journey of assembling these gems is never over
wink.gif

andrew_buch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought as long as we're on the topic of DS Music apps, I'd plug my game a bit: MIDI-Jammer

It uses 0xtob's DS-MIDIWifi Library to connect over a wireless network and send MIDI messages to any computer on the network that has tob's program running. Ironically, while I made this before the KORG DS-10 was announced, apparently it includes a similar feature.

Basically, it maps scale-degrees of a scale of your choosing across the x-axis of the screen, while using the y-axis to send mod-data. The pressure sensitivity controls the velocity and aftertouch data and you can also sustain (send controller 64) by holding a shoulder button.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andrew_buch said:
I thought as long as we're on the topic of DS Music apps, I'd plug my game a bit: MIDI-Jammer

It uses 0xtob's DS-MIDIWifi Library to connect over a wireless network and send MIDI messages to any computer on the network that has tob's program running. Ironically, while I made this before the KORG DS-10 was announced, apparently it includes a similar feature.

Basically, it maps scale-degrees of a scale of your choosing across the x-axis of the screen, while using the y-axis to send mod-data. The pressure sensitivity controls the velocity and aftertouch data and you can also sustain (send controller 64) by holding a shoulder button.

Just snaged your midi program. Gonna check it out tonight after work.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it were region protected, I imported my DS from Japan; I would have been lucky.
tongue.gif
At any rate, someone needs to dump this ASAP! I'm dying here, waiting to mess around with it.

andrew_buch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Just snaged your midi program. Gonna check it out tonight after work.

Cool - and please let me know what you think. Keep in mind that you'll need to grab 0xtob's "DSMIDIWiFi Server" and run it on a computer in order for the DS to show up as a MIDI device. It's a small program, and once you have it running it should show up as a MIDI-Device on your computer the same as if you'd just plugged in a keyboard. You could then use my program as a MIDI-Controller for anything on your computer (eg. software-synths like Reason).

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
evoo1 said:
test84 said:
cool, Do you have any instrument files for chiptune making?

oh through the years I tink i have brought together a quite complete collection of samples and the like, though the journey of assembling these gems is never over
wink.gif

oh, do you have any idea where I can get some simple instruments?

andrew_buch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
euphemism said:
At any rate, someone needs to dump this ASAP! I'm dying here, waiting to mess around with it.

Agreed entirely. My first reaction to the DS-10 was to be bummed out that it would usurp my program and I wouldn't be able to develop it and shop it around, but after doing some research and finding out about the Kaossilator that Korg released (which basically does the same thing as my program), I realized that I wouldn't have been able to do anything with it anyway...

But in any case, I am very excited about getting my hands on this.

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://createdigitalmusic.com/tag/nintendo-ds/
QUOTE said:
Finally, the Korg DS-10 DS cartridge got its launch in the UK last week, although there’s not really any news to report from the launch event and we’re mostly still waiting to get one. In the meantime, though, the 1UP Show has picked up the DS-10 in this video

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
xerces said:
http://createdigitalmusic.com/tag/nintendo-ds/
QUOTE said:
Finally, the Korg DS-10 DS cartridge got its launch in the UK last week, although there’s not really any news to report from the launch event and we’re mostly still waiting to get one. In the meantime, though, the 1UP Show has picked up the DS-10 in this video

That article is old. It was the launch party, not the release of the cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-