Korg DS-10

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jhongerkong, Jun 16, 2008.

1. kennypu

kennypu GBAtemp Fan

May 23, 2008
    United States
    I believe thats being achieved by the Delay effect they have on. check this new track I made, it uses the effect and sounds pretty nice fancy.mp3.
    Also I know that its only 16 patterns, but you can bring the next played notes into another pattern, and just continue it. If your bpm is correct it will keep playing with no delay between, thats how I had to do when making my Final Fantasy prelude.
    The only thing I feel limitted with the program is that you can't play 2 patterns at the same time when making your songs, that limits it a little. Other than that I think its pretty great and VERY fun and im getting better quick xP.
    Ken

2. concealed identi

concealed identi GBAtemp Fan

May 16, 2008

Cool, thanks...I'll mess around with the delay.

As for the extending the notes to the other patterns, that's what I was saying before, right? Using more than one pattern for a melody. It's just disappointing because if I use 4 patterns for a melody, that only leaves me 3 more ways to use that melody with different percussion (e.g. adding/removing hi-hats, using fills, etc).

I feel like there has to be a way around it, but I could be totally wrong. I'm thinking this synth was made more as a live instrument than something to make songs with, but the fact that the audio stops in between song mode and edit mode makes me wonder how well it can be used live.

3. Vater Unser

Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Oct 28, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Pen Island
    Wow, impressive song [​IMG]

4. joegravy

joegravy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    in the Kaoss pad section of the game, there is a toggle switch for HLD/SMT. what does it do? im slowly getting a good grasp of most of the controls but im still experimenting with the patches. it seems studying the demo songs really help with learning new tricks.

this piece of software deserves my hard-earned money. im getting it in stores as soon as the english import becomes available. this is btw my first port here in GBAtemp!!

5. Private|Par

Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2008
    Melbourne
    Welcome, joe. I too want to know what HLD/SMT means. Anyone help us out?